Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JMS Doing Trek?

Cool

Even if the Star Trek franchise is being run by Charles Manson?

The franchise is my mother.
    The franchise is my father.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Question

Originally posted by Space_Cadet

Just in case y'all forgot.. Braga is out. The new guy heading show according to one of the cast members is Manny Coto.
    Are you sure? Has this been confirmed, because I'm not going to do the celebratory Vulcan Warp Slide dance for nothing.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Top Ten JMS Changes to Star Trek:

10. Vulcans and Betazoids form alliance, corporation to control telepathy throughout the Federation; this is known by its symbol, the greek letter PSI.

9. Bajorans, seeking a return to the glory days of their distant past, attack the Cardassians with mass drivers.

8. Federation President now evil; creates repressive government on Earth

7. Uber races like Organians, Melkots, Q, Douwd, and others much more active in galactic affairs -- and fighting each other from time to time.

6. New station like a "city in space", frequented by many different races, incorporating political elements and rivalries -- oh, wait, we did Deep Space 9 already.

5. Artificial gravity aboard Federation starships replaced with spin. Looks clunky until you get used to it, then it looks clunky.

4. Enormous ships made of ping-pong balls and Christmas lights replaced by enormous ships that look like multi-colored jellyfish.

3. Romulan Commander Tomalok undergoes curious surgery, now has orange, spotted skin and red eyes.

2. Klingons replace bony ridge on top of skull with bony ridge from ear to ear.

1. Warp drive replaced with spa-a-a-a-ce tunnels!

(I am a fan of both shows, so this is all )

Originally posted by REG
    Are you sure? Has this been confirmed, because I'm not going to do the celebratory Vulcan Warp Slide dance for nothing.
    http://www.trektoday.com/news/210604_01.shtml

Berman's current production partner Brannon Braga has stated in interviews that he will not be the show-runner for Star Trek: Enterprise next season, with new writer Manny Coto likely to take over those duties, according to several actors on the show.
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!