Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I love my Mac, but...

I love my Mac, but...

Re: I love my Mac, but...

Originally posted by AslanC
    ... this is freakin' funny

http://www.flogged.net/media/video/whymacssuck.wmv
    Thanks Aslan! I've been looking for this little gem for quite a while. Hilarious!
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all."
    -Joan Robinson, economist

Re: Re: I love my Mac, but...

Originally posted by Lt.Khrys Antos
    Thanks Aslan! I've been looking for this little gem for quite a while. Hilarious!
    Yer welcome

OMG I had to restrain myself from laughing my fool butt off right in my cube here at work.

You made my day (or, at least my lunch hour)

This guy is a <censored> idiot.

Name one of the problems he describe in his rant that has never happened to a Windows user.

If you can.

----------
    Macintosh owner since 1984.
    Lt. Savanna Fields, Deep Space Six

Originally posted by Savanna Fields

Name one of the problems he describe in his rant that has never happened to a Windows user.

If you can.

Ok!
    I've never had to press a clover leaf key to shut down a windows based program.

And Windows has never stolen my inner child. yet
    The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them. -- Mark Twain

Originally posted by Savanna Fields

If you can.

----------
    Macintosh owner since 1984.
    When I click and drag stuff around it copies it...instead of creating shortcuts.

This was meant to be funny. And it is. Very funny.
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all."

Originally posted by Lt.Khrys Antos
    When I click and drag stuff around it copies it...instead of creating shortcuts.

This was meant to be funny. And it is. Very funny.
    To copy stuff, you hold down the option key; I believe Windows does it backwards, you hold down the Control key in order to make aliases (i.e. shortcuts.) So, on this point, it is six-of-one and half-dozen-of-the-other.
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

I found the file to be an inaccurate rant with no real attempt at humor. Straight-forward complaining isn't funny, just annoying.

As for me, I abandoned Windoze after Win 95 / 98; Switched to a Mac with no regrets.

I found it hilarious.

Macheads will tell you nothing beats a Mac and why are you still using Windows, Microsofties will tell you Macs suck and ask why are still using one? It isn't objective, it's what people know and like. Each machine and each operating system has its faults. The early Apple architectures were superior to the choices IBM made, but that isn't even true any more. It's really just a question of which one does the best job with the tasks you do the most.

I am a Mac user and I foudn this thing hillarious! That's why I posted it It is meant as comedy. You know? A joke?

Originally posted by Fesarius
    I found it hilarious.

Macheads will tell you nothing beats a Mac and why are you still using Windows, Microsofties will tell you Macs suck and ask why are still using one? It isn't objective, it's what people know and like. Each machine and each operating system has its faults. The early Apple architectures were superior to the choices IBM made, but that isn't even true any more. It's really just a question of which one does the best job with the tasks you do the most.
    Exactly!

On an unrelated note, somehow my brother managed to mess up my iTouch keyboard by spilling beer into the numpad. Now a few keys are stuck, completely unrelated to the spill area, doing that annoying sound that a key is jammed. Restarts my comp or does some other weird thing.

Personally, I find things that lampoon what you like you find more funny than things you can't identify with. I found this very amusing. I like Macs and I dislike PC's - but then i would buy a PC for home.. because they are cheap and I am not rich!

Just because I like my mac (at work) doesn't make it any less slow, odd and crash-prone - I do think this guy is not used to adapting to the fact that MAC'S ARE DIFFERENT than PC's - I mean if you make a shortcut on a mac - it looks like a shortcut! Just like it does on the PC - I can tell the difference and I don't go deleting stuff before I check imy CD on several OTHER Cd's drives just in case ! But still it's funny ..
    Ta Muchly

I like Mac humor. . . even humor that lampoons Macs. But, as I said before, the piece in question was just complaining at high volume with no real attempt to tell a joke. Complaining and ranting is funny only when John Cleese does it on Fawlty Towers; Even then, there are jokes within his tirades.

I guess I'm Un-Canadian: No Beer, No Hockey, No Paul Martin!
    Originally posted by AslanC
    I am a Mac user and I foudn this thing hillarious! That's why I posted it It is meant as comedy. You know? A joke?
    Hmmm, humour, a difficult concept.

No that's not right....

You smiled, baring your teeth, an obviously aggressive posture!
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those
    who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."
    Dante Alighieri

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."
    Sandra

"Michael Moore is reminiscent of a heavy-handed Leni Riefenstahl, who glorified Nazism in the 1930s." Peter Worthington, Toronto Sun.