Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've been banned!

I guess I'm Un-Canadian: No Beer, No Hockey, No Paul Martin!

Angry I've been banned!

Can you believe this:

I have been banned from a forum for multiple attempts to use an obscene word in a post. When my post was rejected, I could not believe my eyes and attempted to post it again. Thinking that there was just a glitch I attempted to post it again. I then got the dreaded Your account has been frozen and posting priveleges have been withdrawn message. An e-mail quickly followed.

No, this wasn't on forum.trek-rpg.net. It was on the cnews website.

The dastardly, horribly obscene word: glasses !

Am I going to burn in hell for saying glasses? What am I supposed to use instead?

Any Ideas?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those
    who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."
    Dante Alighieri

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."
    Sandra

"Michael Moore is reminiscent of a heavy-handed Leni Riefenstahl, who glorified Nazism in the 1930s." Peter Worthington, Toronto Sun.

Dear Lord!!!!! The dreaded "G" Word!!!!!!

Moderators! Moderators!! Ban him! Ban him!!!!!

Hugh Casey
    My Online Journal

"Oh, bother," said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh."

Re: I've been banned!

Originally posted by Kaiddin
    Can you believe this:

I have been banned from a forum for multiple attempts to use an obscene word in a post. When my post was rejected, I could not believe my eyes and attempted to post it again. Thinking that there was just a glitch I attempted to post it again. I then got the dreaded Your account has been frozen and posting priveleges have been withdrawn message. An e-mail quickly followed.

No, this wasn't on forum.trek-rpg.net. It was on the cnews website.

The dastardly, horribly obscene word: glasses !

Am I going to burn in hell for saying glasses? What am I supposed to use instead?

Any Ideas?
    Monocles?

If your serious...then I want to know what forum it is!
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all."
    -Joan Robinson, economist

Re: Re: I've been banned!

Originally posted by Lt.Khrys Antos
    Monocles?

If your serious...then I want to know what forum it is!
    But there are two lenses. Cnewsforum. I got a friend to post using "Corrective Lenses". Not as accurate though.
    Dante Alighieri

Sandra

"Michael Moore is reminiscent of a heavy-handed Leni Riefenstahl, who glorified Nazism in the 1930s." Peter Worthington, Toronto Sun.

Intentionally misspell the word 'glases', the program might have picked up the "A" double "S" there in the middle and freeked.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Re: I've been banned!

Originally posted by Kaiddin

Any Ideas?
    Duoform Occular Prothesthetics has a nice ring.

As does 'analogue visual cortex stimulators' (although it sounds vaguely like something a hussy would wear)...

...maybe they need you to be more specific like 'lorgnette' (for the longhair set) or 'pince-nez' (but only if you are cool and/or sport a goatee, stringtie or use a cane as an affectation)?

...or some hokey-sounding nickname: goggs, glims, cheaters, grannies, windows, specs and rims have all been used over the years according to my thesaurus. (BCs/BCGs anyone?)

'Melted Sand View thingee' on the other hand has a decidedly lowbrow panache, not without its appeal.

Please Note: Absolutely nothing in the above has been checked for scientific accuracy, nor shall it be. Thank goodness.
    "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Call them "vision enhancement devices".

And how DARE you say that word....my virgin ears!

Have you simply tried contacting the site's administrator and pointing out that their nanny-bot is mis-programmed?

Originally posted by Owen E Oulton
    Have you simply tried contacting the site's administrator and pointing out that their nanny-bot is mis-programmed?
    Heaven forbid! We're still getting a laugh at their expense. And the scandal involved of course: A computer program that isn't operating in the manner which its programmer intended rather than what they actually told it to do? Wot a revoltin' development!

Actually Kaiddin, that is good advice; I sort of assumed you were on that already but if you type 'assume' it would no doubt ban you for life or something.
    "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth

The Seventh Most Dangerous City in the USA
    The computer obviously knew you were really trying to say GL Asses.

Strictly Speaking
    "When you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha."

Originally posted by strict31
    The computer obviously knew you were really trying to say GL Asses.
    What, he's got more than one?

You want to hear a ban story let me tell you one. (Moderators at TrekRPG shutter and ready the button ) This one takes place at a restaurant where I live,

Me and my mother frequented a local restaurant for just about four years and became real close to the owners and the workers. One day a new women started to work and me being the man that I was started to fall in love with her it was great I mean it was like this we went out one night and we really got to talking and at one point I too the plunge and said I was a Sci Fi geek, she looked at me as I braced for the ineveitable, She asked me if I liked Star Trek, as most of you know when a girl asks you this question you should always go on red alert as it could be a trick question. I decided it was the risk and said yes, to which I got a I LOVE STAR TREK, and I thought, you must be the obe that the prophecy foretold would come.

Things were going great with J, until I noticed she stopped want to do things with me but yet the majic was still there. One day we spent an afternoon together at whcih time she told me that the owner had told her I was in essence Psycho Stalker poopy and to be carefull around me. Now mind you I have gone overboard in the past but never anything seriously bad to be labeled Psycho. Any way I told my mother and my mother got into the owners face about this, to which she denied this of course. soon after I lost the girl. For the next month the service in the restaurant went down hill as it concerned us, waiting forever to be served, drinks not refilled, food cold etc... but we kept going because we had friends with the workers and regulars and looked forward to going in. However I soon stopped going in.

One night my mother went to the bathroom and fell on a wet unmarked floor in the restaurent. That same night mom feeling alright from the fall talked to the owner about the service to which she said that her workers had been dropping the ball and she needed to crack down on them ect etc. But then she unexpectedly launched into a personal attack, about the above psycho comment, on me in front of my mother (I was not present at the time BTW) To which a mother being a mother she counter attacked vigeriously with words. Nevertheless by the end of the night mom and the owner had calmed down and had actually talked a little again. On Tuesday moms back hurt enough she wanted to go to the doctor to get checked she did, the doctor siad she need some basic back and leg therapy. Mom went to the restaurant on Thursday, on Friday night she went in and was told she was not welcomed nor wanted in the Restaurant any further in effect she was banned.

meanwhile I heard later that I was banned, even though I was never told. I waited six weeks and started to go for breakfest again, the best time of time for me since I didn;t see the owner and the morning staff were great to me and I had known the cook since she and I were in High School together. I went for three days, on the third morning the owner showed up. I was told I was not welcomed, I asked why? and I quote "Because of your Mother." I asked her five times in the ensuring conversation why and each time its was the same "becuase of your mother" She actually threaten to call the cops on me now mind you all that I had done on this day was come in and set down at the counter before she came out and harrased me.

Later I heard she was telling people I was kicked out because I used a bad credit card to pay for food, funny thing is is that I used my debit card which means if the money was not in my account then she would never have gotten her money. That was three months ago now and I love to tell people I was banned from a restaurant because of my mother.
    Draftsmen in Training

The Seventh Most Dangerous City in the USA
    Originally posted by Grimace
    Well, you need at least one ass for everyone who has worn a ring, don't you?

Eric: Sorry to hear about the restaurant experience. When I take over the planet, if you like, I can have them incinerated.

Strictly Speaking
    "When you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha."

Originally posted by Owen E Oulton
    Yes, I did. Although the moderator e-mail address did not work on the forum, I tried the same address I used to subscribe and an address supplied from my friend. First address isn't monitored by a non silicon derived being and no response.

From the second address: Thank you for using our forums. We have been unable to duplicate this error. Posting privileges on this account have been reinstated. Please contact us if you have any other concerns.
    Dante Alighieri

Sandra

Originally posted by Grimace

Two Asholes, no waiting!

Note: Words in this post have been deliberately misspelled. My story and I'm sticking to it!
    Dante Alighieri

Sandra