Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot for a Teacher

Hot for a Teacher

http://www.local10.com/news/3457211/detail.html

http://www.mjmorningshow.com/morning_DebraPics.html

http://www.mjmorningshow.com/morning_DebraPics2.html

TAMPA -- A Tampa-area middle school teacher is under arrest, accused of having sex with a student.

Reading teacher Debra Beasley LaFave, 23, is a newlywed who is accused of performing oral sex on a 14-year-old student at Greco Middle School twice in the past month.

LaFave (pictured left, in wedding photo) is being held in the Hillsborough County Jail on $15,000 bail.

The 2002 graduate of the University of South Florida was married 11 months ago.

Temple Terrace police said that LaFave was arrested at her home after the 14-year-old boy told his mother the allegations. LaFave was reportedly never the boy's teacher.

At her first court appearance, Judge W.R. Heinrich warned LaFave about the media attention on her.

"Don't talk," Heinrich said. "The press is here. They have cameras. They have print media, and they're going to take down everything that you would say. That would not be in your best interest."

LaFave's attorney, Fred Vollrath, said, "She has no prior arrest record. She's an outstanding member of the community. She's lived here all her life. We'll have to see what happens as we conduct the investigation."

Lafave's husband and parents accompanied the attorney to the courthouse.

Lafave has been placed on administrative leave and is expected to be suspended without pay at a school board meeting next month.
    I have to admit she's pretty hot but i wonder if the kid is lying.
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?
    Where were teachers like that when I was in school?
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper

Question Re: Hot for a Teacher

Originally posted by Space_Cadet

I have to admit she's pretty hot but i wonder if the kid is lying.
    Hmm. I'm still reserving my judgment, but to respond to your statement, I must ask, what possible motive could that kid have for lying?

Based on that news article, she's not the kid's teacher, so it can't be anything relating to getting a passing grade.

Although I didn't have a hot blonde teacher when I was going to school (unless you count a substitute teacher who was only there for one semester), there was a hot little asian number. I used to tease her that as soon as I get my diploma I'm marrying her, but we didn't get far. Still, she was a good motivational tool.
    Last edited by REG; 06-28-2004 at 06:00 PM.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Okay, you've got a really hot teacher, and some 14 year old boy.

She's accused of having oral sex with him. She's a newly wed. Sure, she might have other problems, and could be guilty, but let's think here.

14 year old boy. Good looking teacher is giving him oral sex. Why would he mention this? Sure, maybe bragging to his friends, but none of his friends would probably ever believe him. If it was true, he wouldn't have that "fun" anymore. A 14 year old boy giving up the chance for further oral sex? Not hardly, especially since he supposedly experienced it at least twice.

He made it up. Plain and simple. He's either extremely infatuated with her (since she IS a looker) or he's jealous and/or peeved at her and wanted to get her into big trouble and was willing to take this ruse out into public. Either way, no normal 14 year old who had what he had would suddenly go "Oh no! Don't do it any more! I'm telling!"

I'm sure if you follow this case all the way through, she'll be cleared of the charges.

Arrow

Well, as with any crime, including the ones that involve minor, it has to be followed through in order to determine if there is a case against the accused.

So ... you're saying he's abnormal? Maybe a victim of sexual molestation at a much younger age?

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

The Seventh Most Dangerous City in the USA
    I wonder if people thought the same thing with Mary Kay Letourneau. At least before she got pregnant. The, uh...first time.

You know, it's entirely possible that she's just one crazy bitch. She wouldn't be the first.

On the other hand, there is a substantial ICK factor here. I used to be a 14 year old boy. I have it on good authority that they are icky. Seriously, what could they possibly have in common beside a raging hard-on and a place to stick it? It's like a good choice/bad choice type of thing:

GOOD CHOICE: a hands-on philosophy of teaching.

BAD CHOICE: a hand-job philosophy of...er...teaching...

Strictly Speaking
    "When you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha."

Originally posted by strict31

On the other hand, there is a substantial ICK factor here. I used to be a 14 year old boy. I have it on good authority that they are icky.
    The sex?

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

I just can't see a 14 year old hormone factory ratting out the teacher under *normal* circumstances. If she pulled some kind of Fatal Attraction move that freaked him out I can see him going to the parents, but otherwise? No way would he give that up.

I guess I'm in the "he made it up" camp.

The Seventh Most Dangerous City in the USA
    Nothing about this situation exactly cries out "normal", Corp. I'm sorry, this is a super-sized freak combo with curly fries on the side, no matter how ya look at it. Besides which, it's happened before.

I think it's possible the kid is lying. But it is equally possible that the teacher did exactly what was alleged. Like I said, it's happened before. I don't know how this situation will turn out, and my attention half-life is about to run out.

Strictly Speaking
    "When you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha."

Originally posted by strict31
    I'm sorry, this is a super-sized freak combo with curly fries on the side
    LOL!

My "I'm not buying this" alarm is buzzing.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

I guess I'm Un-Canadian: No Beer, No Hockey, No Paul Martin!
    I prefer to take no position on this case. I haven't been given any evidence either way.

After all if it was a 14 year old girl, I don't think we would be getting the same responses.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Does it apply to an alleged victim as well as an alleged perpetrator?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those
    who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."
    Dante Alighieri

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."
    Sandra

"Michael Moore is reminiscent of a heavy-handed Leni Riefenstahl, who glorified Nazism in the 1930s." Peter Worthington, Toronto Sun.

More Charges on the Teacher

It looks like it went a lot further

Jun 26, 2004 - A teacher accused of having sex with a 14-year-old student is facing new allegations that she took their intimate relationship on the road.

Greco Middle School teacher Debra Beasley Lafave, 23, is accused of having sexual intercourse with the student in her car twice while his 15-year-old cousin drove them around the Ocala area.That is in addition to previous accusations that she had sexual relations with the student at her home and classroom at Greco.

The Marion County Sheriff's Office issued an arrest warrant Friday for Lafave. She faces two additional charges of lewd and lascivious battery on a person younger than 16 and a charge of lewdand lascivious exhibition.

She is expected to turn herself in to Marion County authorities Monday. Neither Lafave nor her attorney, Fred Vollrath, returned phone calls Friday.

Lafave was arrested Monday in Temple Terrace and charged with two counts of committing lewd and lascivious battery.

A report from the Marion County Sheriff's Office reveals more details about the relationship between Lafave and the student, which included trips to Ocala, where she had sex with the teen inher car, a report states.

Field Trip Conversation

The 14-year-old Temple Terrace resident told investigators he first got to know Lafave during a school field trip to SeaWorld a week before the school year ended. On the trip back, he sat next to the teacher. ``The conversation was nothing exciting, it was just them getting to know each other,'' deputies reported, based on their interviews with the boy. Before that, the boy tolddeputies, he had a ``hi-bye'' relationship with Lafave.

The next week, the boy told deputies, Lafave invited him and a friend to spend detention time in her room.

One of the days, Lafave asked the boy to stay after school and she drove him to get a haircut and to the recreation center where he routinely played basketball, and then she drove him home,the report states.

On the last day of school, Lafave attended another student's party that the 14-year-old also attended, deputies said.

The boy told investigators that at that time he had no idea Lafave was attracted to him, but the teacher did give the teen her cell phone number.

At some later date, unclear to deputies, the boy said, he went to Lafave's portable classroom, where the teacher said she had been ``thinking about him a lot and ... could not get rid of thefeelings, and they kissed in the portable.''

Sexual Encounter At Home

The student told deputies his first sexual encounter with Lafave occurred at her Riverview home June 3. The report states that while Lafave performed oral sex on the boy in her upstairsbedroom, the boy's cousin watched a video in the downstairs living room. Afterward, Lafave drove the boys to Ocala, deputies said. During the trip, she performed oral sex on the student in the back seat of her vehicle, the report states.

The 14-year-old also told deputies Lafave had said she was ``turned on by the fact that having sexual relations with him was not allowed.''

Deputies said the next incident happened June 14 when Lafave had sexual intercourse with the boy in her portable classroom at Greco. A day later, deputies said, Lafave drove to Ocala, where he was staying with his cousin.

Lafave drove the boys to a Smoothie King in Ocala and asked the cousin to drive them around, deputies said.

While the cousin drove, Lafave had sexual intercourse with the student in the back of the car, deputies said.

After the incident, they drove to a couple of stores so Lafave could buy an iPod for her husband, deputies said. She dropped the boys off at the cousin's house and returned to the Tampa area.

Two days later, investigators said, Lafave returned to Ocala. This time, the cousin drove Lafave and the student to Brick City Park. The cousin parked the car near a garbage bin and got out,the report states. The student again had sexual intercourse with Lafave in the back seat of the car, deputies said.

Confronting The Rumors

Lafave drove the student back to Tampa. The boy's mother confronted the student after hearing various rumors, the report states.

One of those who contacted the student's mother was his aunt in Ocala, deputies said. The aunt told investigators she overheard her son bragging about the student having sex with a ``hotteacher from his school.''

When confronted by his mother, the 14-year-old confessed to having sex with Lafave, deputies said. He told investigators he was able to identify tattoos and birthmarks on her body. TheHillsborough County jail report filed at her booking lists the same butterfly and Chinese letter tattoos identified by the boy.

If Lafave is convicted, each charge could bring up to 15 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000, according to Florida statutes.
    Not bad for a mug shot
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Originally posted by Space_Cadet

Not bad for a mug shot
    Eh, I'm not into the blonde "daddy-bought-me-everything" brat look.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Uhm, the cousin was driving them around while they did the act in the back seat? Now, I know I am making an assumption here that the cousin is male (this might not be right, but I can't see it anyother way) can someone tell me why he didn't want a piece of the action??? Hello WITNESS! You'll want to keep him happy too. I think we have a fundamental flaw in the story here.

There has been one or two cases of this in my community, all (to my knowledge) were proven to be false allegations made by female students who didn't like something the teacher did. Maybe she caught him doing something (other then what was mentioned in the article ) and he cooked this up to get her out of the way.