Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot for a Teacher

Re: Hot for a Teacher

Originally posted by Space_Cadet

I have to admit she's pretty hot but i wonder if the kid is lying.

If they arrested her they had more than just his say-so. They could have gotten DNA from her saliva.
    “I am a soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.”

General George S. Patton, Jr.

Originally posted by Grimace
    Either way, no normal 14 year old who had what he had would suddenly go "Oh no! Don't do it any more! I'm telling!"

I'm sure if you follow this case all the way through, she'll be cleared of the charges.

Well, it's entirely possible that he was bragging and was overheard by a teacher or parent... or another friend turned him in. It's even possible his parents picked up on something and got it out of him.

EDIT: Well, it looks like that's what happened.
    Last edited by calguard66; 06-29-2004 at 09:44 PM.
    “I am a soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.”

General George S. Patton, Jr.

The Seventh Most Dangerous City in the USA
    Alright, you guys have gotten out of hand with your wanton speculations! it's like a bunch of old fishwives spreading gossip!!!

I say we let the system work! That's what it's there for, after all...

Like I always say, there is a presumption of innocence until proved that a book deal was signed by the guilty...

Heh...

Seriously though, this chick could easily be another Mary Kay Letourneau closet freak. Or the kid could just as easily be a naughty fibber. But there is a double standard fully in effect. We know there is. Maybe we don't like to talk about it openly, but it's there. If the sexes were reversed, the presumption that it was something entirely different than what the victim wanted would hardly exist, even though it remains just as possible. The presumption that the victim is lying would hardly exist, even though reality has shown it's just as possible.

I say we all acknowledge that, share a "moment" and then go back to talking about freaky blonde chicks with eccentric tastes. On that note, I saw a clip of her on CNN earlier today. What a great body...

If only I knew at 14 what I know now...

Strictly Speaking
    "When you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha."

The only standard here is they always listen to the kid, and never to the teacher (adult) in these cases. If the kid is lying then I hope they nail his little hide to a wall somewhere, because if it does turn out she is innocent her career is ended regardless...she'll never work as a teacher again. You can't unring this bell.

The Seventh Most Dangerous City in the USA
    Originally posted by Phantom
    The only standard here is they always listen to the kid, and never to the teacher (adult) in these cases. If the kid is lying then I hope they nail his little hide to a wall somewhere, because if it does turn out she is innocent her career is ended regardless...she'll never work as a teacher again. You can't unring this bell.
    But the difference is that we, here, us, seem to be of the mindset that says listening to the kid is wrong or misguided. The inference is, because every guy here wouldn't see a problem with a hot teacher polishing his knob when he was 14, that this kid wouldn't have had a problem with it either and so, is likely full of poop. We wouldn't (usually) be saying this if it was a fourteen year old girl and a 23 year old male teacher. Unless, of course, the girl is Aaliyah and the man is R. Kelly...The title of her old, old record, "Age ain't nuthin' but a number" takes on a whole new spin in light of recent charges. Or...maybe it doesn't.

Strictly Speaking
    "When you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha."

Arrow

Originally posted by Space_Cadet

More Charges on the Teacher

It looks like it went a lot further

Not bad for a mug shot
    Sounds like you've made your verdict.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Ok, so I'm going to have to wait and see what falls out of the tree at trial.

If the teen did describe the tatoos she has accurately, and those aren't located in "public view", that's pretty solid evidence. Otherwise I'd stick with my theory that the teen made it up (yes, even given the "cousin's" involvement).

Originally posted by CorpBoy
    Ok, so I'm going to have to wait and see what falls out of the tree at trial.

If the teen did describe the tatoos she has accurately, and those aren't located in "public view", that's pretty solid evidence. Otherwise I'd stick with my theory that the teen made it up (yes, even given the "cousin's" involvement).
    Perhaps. Or maybe he heard her talking to someone else (ie friend) about them. The tatoos I mean.

As to the double standard, I would find it revolting either way...If it were true. From my POV 90% of these cases are false.

I guess I'm Un-Canadian: No Beer, No Hockey, No Paul Martin!
    From my POV 90% of these cases are false.
    Phantom is challenged for cause in the voir dire.

Originally posted by calguard66
    If they arrested her they had more than just his say-so.
    Isn't this where the defense lawyer askes "Do you presume guilt because of arrest?"

No offense intended!
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those
    who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."
    Dante Alighieri

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."
    Sandra

"Michael Moore is reminiscent of a heavy-handed Leni Riefenstahl, who glorified Nazism in the 1930s." Peter Worthington, Toronto Sun.

Originally posted by Kaiddin
    Phantom is challenged for cause in the voir dire.

I just call 'em as I see 'em.

It's easy to get arrested these days, all you need is a bunch of disgruntled parents screamin' for your blood. :shrug:

[B]Perhaps. Or maybe he heard her talking to someone else (ie friend) about them. The tatoos I mean.
    I had not thought of that. And though I would have the common sense to not discuss such topics within earshot of any students (i.e. not while at school or school functions), perhaps she didn't, or didn't think she would be overheard.

I dunno. As I said I'll just wait and see.

Originally posted by Kaiddin
    From my POV 90% of these cases are false.
    Isn't this where the defense lawyer askes "Do you presume guilt because of arrest?"
    I'm sure what he meant is that to secure an arrest warrant, either a judge or grand jury (not sure which in these kinds of cases) had to find that there is sufficient evidence to justify issuing the warrant.

I guess I'm Un-Canadian: No Beer, No Hockey, No Paul Martin!
    I'm sure what he meant is that to secure an arrest warrant, either a judge or grand jury (not sure which in these kinds of cases) had to find that there is sufficient evidence to justify issuing the warrant.
    Granted. And not being a lawyer, I would assume that the defense would ask the question to make sure there wasn't a presumption of guilt.

Where the District Attorney or Crown Prosecutor comes in seems to be pretty random but I'm sure it really isn't.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those
    who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."
    Dante Alighieri

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."
    Sandra

"Michael Moore is reminiscent of a heavy-handed Leni Riefenstahl, who glorified Nazism in the 1930s." Peter Worthington, Toronto Sun.

The point about double standard is interesting, but let's face it : there are much more cases of sexual harrasment from males toward women than the contrary, and when it happens to be from women, things are that men seldom complain (or that the woman doesn't look like Demi Moore).

Therefore this story looks soooo much like a teen wet dream that we can't help thinking it to be made up. It could be true, of course, as sometimes reality goes beyond fiction, but indeed our first reaction is to doubt the teen sayings. Something we wouldn't do if the genres were inversed, but a teen girl being harrassed by an older man is (sadly) much more common, and looks much more like a nightmare than a wet dream.

As for what I think... whatever the truth is, it will probably be muddled enough for everyone to pick up a side and stick to it.

Anyway, I'd have loved to be that boy when I was 14....
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

I had not thought of that. And though I would have the common sense to not discuss such topics within earshot of any students (i.e. not while at school or school functions), perhaps she didn't, or didn't think she would be overheard.

I dunno. As I said I'll just wait and see.
    Perhaps he also knows where to spy on the female faculty. :shrug: Hell, he could get that info with a pair of binos if he knew where she lived while she was sun tanning.