Thread: [SCOOP!] Berman to Reactivate Shatner

Arrow [SCOOP!] Berman to Reactivate Shatner

Source: http://trekweb.com/articles/2004/06/...35362cd1.shtml

I got four words: Bill, don't do it. I don't trust Berman as much as Braga. If Manny Coto wants Bill, then it's okay, but if it's Berman, it's an inter-office political ploy to reclaim his position as a showrunner.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

The Seventh Most Dangerous City in the USA
    If he doesn't do it, Nimoy wiil steal his gig...

"Oh hey, Bill...thought you were room service..."

Strictly Speaking
    "When you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha."

Oh no it's the old "Quick the ratings are flagging, draught in a popular character from one of the other series will you!" ploy... except I will probably cry at the horrendous continuity errors they employ to squeeze them in ! - having Barklay appear as a holodeck character in the Delta quadrant is.. possible - having captain Kirk, who will no doubt look much older now than when he died in the 24th century ( ) will be just nasty !
    Last edited by Tobian; 06-29-2004 at 03:49 AM.
    Ta Muchly

Oh no it's the old "Quick the ratings are flagging, draught in a popular character from one of the other series will you!" ploy... except I will probably cry at the horrendous continuity errors they employ to squeeze them in ! - having Barklay appear as a holodeck character in the Delta quadrant is.. possible - having captain Kirk, who will no doubt look much older now than when he died in the 24th century will be just nasty !

Bill will look older? Damn....that's gonna piss him off after all the effort (and corsets) he has worn!

Cheers

Tas
    I'm NOT stupid, I'm NOT expendable and I'm NOT going!

Wasn't there talk that Shatner would come back to play Kirk's grandfather in season 4 a while back? Or heck, if they're doing time travel, the NX-01 could even stumble across the Enterprise A. Now THAT would be a perfect fanboy moment!

The Seventh Most Dangerous City in the USA
    Originally posted by Mazza
    Wasn't there talk that Shatner would come back to play Kirk's grandfather in season 4 a while back?
    That's the rumor, yup.

Strictly Speaking
    "When you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha."

Essentially, this is just more stunt casting; And while it can surprise you and actually be good (KISS lead singer Paul Stanley in the Michael Crawford role in a Toronto production of Phantom Of The Opera comes to mind), usually it just comes back to bite the show in the ass. ("The Rock" in the Voyager ep "Tsunkatse")
    Last edited by Ezri's Toy; 07-01-2004 at 10:28 PM.
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

Is that a <a href="http://www.jumptheshark.com/">motorcycle I hear revving?</a>

That'd be cool.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!