Thread: Universe Maps

Question Universe Maps

Does anyone know where I can get a map of the Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta quadrants from? It does not have to be detailed on a planetary scale, just the placement of the major powers (Klingons, Tholians, Feds, Rommies, Cardies, Gorn, Breen etc)

Cheers

Tas
    I'm NOT stupid, I'm NOT expendable and I'm NOT going!

Star Trek: Star Charts It's not free, but it is an excellent book nonetheless. If you want to search for Galactic maps, maybe you should try google. I would look for you but I have to be going in just a few minutes.

Sir Sig has a copy of some of the maps in that book on his site - http://www.nnsw.quik.com.au/sirsig/
    But i really do recommend you buy that book, it's very good!
    Ta Muchly

I heartily third the recommendations of Lt Cmdr Matt and Tobian, and suggest you pick up the superlative Star Trek Star Charts at your earliest convenience. Our very own SIR SIG was one of the people Geoffrey Mandel consulted for the project, and a lot of his good advice appears to have rubbed off. It may not mesh completely with everyone's notions of canon, but it is a superb attempt to move the fictional Trek universe closer to our real one.

As an aside, this is my 666th post. Woo hoo!
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Tis the mark of the devil !

I was also going to recommend http://www.stdimension.de/int/ because they have one of the most comprehensive sets of information - but alas their website seems to be down at the moment - I do have a copy of their Uber map if you want me to email it to you?
    Ta Muchly

Many thanks to all who have replied. Tobian, I would really appreciate you mailing the Uber Map to me

Cheers

Tas
    I'm NOT stupid, I'm NOT expendable and I'm NOT going!

No problems. Now bear with me as it's on my home computer. I have to go find it too !
    Ta Muchly

Could you post the uber-map here when you find it, Tobian? I've not seen it either.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

Ok, this might not be the most up to date version of the file, but here it is, it's fairly large but not very printer friendly

Much like the Geofrey mandel map it doesn't particularly fit the facts about what we know of the startrek universe exactly but it is, as above, a reasonable compromise.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ta Muchly

Wow! You were not kidding when you said it ain't printer friendly. Very impressive work.

Question: Who are the Tzenkethi and Talarians? Considering their location I assume they are from DS9. . .which I did not get to see much of.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Originally posted by redwood973
    Very impressive work.
    Not as impressive as Star Trek Star Charts, in my opinion, but still very nice. Still not three-dimensional enough for my taste, but such is life.

Well that;s the ultimate problem with any 'star chart' they are all 2D ! I'm willing to bet that an awful lot of the problems with the Star Charts for Startrek would be fixed if they could represent them in 3D - of course it's not only hard to do and make but a pain to visualise !
    Ta Muchly

Tzenkethi: mentioned on DS9 but never seen. Some on these boards have suggested that they are an Andorian keth (clan) which rebelled.

Talarians: If I remember correct, both TNG and DS9. On TNG they looked a lot more human. From the episode with a human grandson of a Starfleet admiral who calls a Talarian captain father.