Thread: Stargate a Go-Go! (Spoilerific)

Stargate a Go-Go! (Spoilerific)

So, it looks like Stargate is out of the ...uh gate, and already looking like another strong season.

So, the 'flawed' humanoid Relpicator, Fifth, has become the leader of the Rep's? Bet that character actor that played First didn't see it coming.

Why didn't Oneil fire his BFG 9000 at the Replicator ship when he had a chance. For that matter, why do they seemingly (and realisticly) put the greater good ahead of their own lives (like taking the chance of killing Jack in order get him to find an Ancient weapon to defeat the Replicators for good.), but then drop everything on the chance it could put a team mate in jepordy (like not taking out all the little Replicators, even after the "We'll kill Sam" threat; why try to end the menace if you give in to hostage takers?)

It's good to see the guy who plays Rohde on Andromeda has a Summer Job!

Costuming bets: The Replicator Sam will most likely be clad in:

A) The same Jumpsuits the other Humanoid Replicators wear

B) A Replicator version of her duty uniform

C) Slinky, 7of9 style Catsuit

D) that coat of "Freshly made clone goo" (Stop drooling boys!)

The Seventh Most Dangerous City in the USA
    Stargate hasn't had a strong season in ages.

Strictly Speaking
    "When you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha."

I think they've had a good showing the last couple of seasons.

The get bogged down in some of the subplot stuff, and sometimes you just say "Huh?" at the actions/dialog of the characters, but I think the show is solidy good.

Now, bring on the Spinoff!

Originally posted by strict31

Strictly Speaking
    Still better than season one and two.

And much ahead of ENT currently.

I just hope that the new SG:Atlantis doesn't hack everything that they built up...
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all."
    -Joan Robinson, economist

Strictly Speaking
    Exercising my right to beg to differ with you. SG-1 is the best sci-fi on TV today. The staff of Ent could learn alot (iwhat they should have learned years ago...ie how to do their jobs properly) from the guys in the Gate Room.

Originally posted by Phantom
    Exercising my right to beg to differ with you. SG-1 is the best sci-fi on TV today. The staff of Ent could learn alot (iwhat they should have learned years ago...ie how to do their jobs properly) from the guys in the Gate Room.
    The funny thing is that I don't disagree with you in the slightest bit. It is the best sci-fi on TV today...and it hasn't had a strong season in ages.

Strictly Speaking

The funny thing is that I don't disagree with you in the slightest bit. It is the best sci-fi on TV today...and it hasn't had a strong season in ages.

Strictly Speaking
    It has had stronger seasons then the nightmare know as Enterprise.

On related topics:

Anybody watch Atlantis?

Not Bad, kinda using the old "Lost in Space", "space 1999" and Voyager 'we're trapped in an alien world, and we want to do home" plot.

The Wraith are nice, but they kind of remind me of Wights from D&D. The are a little refreshing from the over the top Go'ulds we've grown accustom to, though.

So, if you have a specific gene, then you can activate Ancient technology? Great, as if my genes haven't let me down enough already!

It wasn't bad. I'm still trying to figure out the dynamics of the cast. Seems rather loose. So, one thing I missed; are they still hurting for power in the city? I would assume so, but everybody seemed pretty happy at the end. Are they looking for new power sources? Will that comprise the brunt of their explorations? I hope they have enough squid bombs. And I hope they learn how to repair their new toys.

The Wraith: The are amusing. I found myself wishing that they actually ate people instead of draining them, but I guess that would be too disgusting. At first, when they said they were just caretakers for the "others", I thought she meant "others" but with a capital "O". Like, they were bad enough, but there was something worse waiting around the corner. I'm trying to find a reason to dislike them, but I reckon they're okay villains.

Actually, I'm more concerned with the character dynamic on SG-1. Is O'Neill gonna get Kirk Syndrome and go on missions even though he's a general? Are they going to replace the "missing man" on SG-1's team now and leave O'Neill in his office? Well, it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

Strictly Speaking

Yeah, i did think everybody was a little too happy there at the end. I mean, they didn't find any power sources, they added a bunch of new people to the amount of supplies they had on hand, they wern't going home any time home. And...

They woke up an entire species of life sucking aliens! (I would think that the hero would be as upset about that as killing the guy who was a total A-hole to him, and knowing that he was seconds away from death anyway.)

did that sound as heartless as i read it now?

Here's a thought, on Atlantis: Teelay"S (sp?) people are all direct decendants of the Ancient's, right? Won't they all have that gene? Looks like they're all getting drafted!

And Stargate: Who will the 'new guy' be? And will it be a new science guy (since technicaly Sam's the new leader), or a weapons/tactics guy (to replace Jack)? They could go it both ways. Because realisticly, Jack can't find an excuse to go off world everychance he feels like it!

And I feel that the underlying theme for this season might be "you reap what you sow"
    We saw Fifth come back as a screwed up stalker, and Bal, the guy we helped (indirectly) become the ad-hoc leader of the System Lords, stands ready to conquer it all.
    What other dark Chickens could be coming home to roost?