Thread: Terminator 4

Terminator 4

Terminator 4 Draft Finished
    Screenwriter John Brancato told SCI FI Wire that he and partner Michael Ferris have turned in a draft of a script for a proposed fourth Terminator movie—one that works around the expected absence of previous Terminator star Arnold Schwarzenegger, who is now the governor of California.
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-m.../14/11.00.film

There's no need to work around the fact that Arnold is now the Governor of California.

Terminator 4 Summary

This time the machines send a platoon of terminators back into 2004 California.
    The humans send back one terminator to the 1980s, where it becomes Mister Universe and finally becomes the Governor of California. Now, in control of the country's budget, it can easily create a secret special division (of which the heroes will be a part) to fight the invaders.

The Seventh Most Dangerous City in the USA
    Terminator 3 was the best argument I've seen not to make another one...

Strictly Speaking
    "When you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha."

I know the idea of having Arnold play the part of the terminator was to draw audiances, but I thought it was silly having infiltration units looking the same. "Jeez, he looks really familiar. Didn't we destroy him last week?"

If the new ep follows the tired formula of the last 3 I give it a pass. The only way a new Terminator movie can be done, and not be stupid, is to have it in the future. All the Teminator movies have been the same movie done over, just with a few different people thrown in. Even done to the truck chase, though the 3rd movie was a little different using a crane truck instead of a tanker, I'll give them that.

The only reason to see Terminator movies is to see Arnie rip, tear and mangle everything in his path.

No Governator=No Terminator.(At least in my eyes)
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all."
    -Joan Robinson, economist

Talking (note- the following is a joke)

Who knows, maybe he'll take a break to do a movie.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

How long is his term, anyway?

I mean, they could do all the CGI Shots, Scenes with other characters, and Flashbacks/Dream Sequences with our Arnie.
    Then, when he's free (our president takes long vacations that are 'working vacations', so Arnie could too!) he could shoot his scenes.

Of course, you could find another actor to play the Terminator (gasp!), but give the Governator a big cameo.

Not having James Cameron at the helm and not having Linda Hamilton in the cast changed T3's tone. Now: The possibility of a Terminator film without Jim, Linda, or Arnie ?

That's like a shrimp-and-steak dinner without the shrimp or steak. . . .
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

Well, I doubt you'll get ol' Jimmy and Linda working together again.

As others have said, after the disaster that was T3, I really think they should leave well enough alone.

I mean, Alien was briliant, Aliens was sensational and it just went waaaay downhill from there.

T1 and T2 were terrific, but T3??

Apart from anything else, I hated the predestination rubbish in it - I mean, the overarching theme of the first two was "the future is not set...there is no fate but what we make for ourselves..."

...and T3 had the nuclear war be inevitable and there was nothing that could be done to stop it...?

Nope...Arnie, please stay in L.A. (is L.A. the capital of California?) and stick to governing...

All the others who made T3, please stick to making B-grade, low budget films and stop ruining a terrific pair of films.

*sigh*...end rant
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Originally posted by Aldaron
    Nope...Arnie, please stay in L.A. (is L.A. the capital of California?) and stick to governing...
    Sacramento is the capital of California. It's in in N. California, about 8-9 hours drive from L.A. That's where Arnie is working these days.