Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On Deep Star 6 Game Thread

Deke checks the deck and section numbers by the ladder to determine his precise location within Deep Star 6, then proceeds toward Security using the best combination of speed and stealth. He pauses every now and again to reconfirm his location and assess the path ahead. Upon reaching Security, or should he find a maintenance alcove with an operational computer console along the route, Deke attempts to tap into the station computer covertly, using his security codes to avoid alerting anyone who might be monitoring the system.

OOC: Computer Use test, if needed = 6 roll + 5 roll + 4 skill + 2 specialty + 1 INT + 2 edge = 20

If successful, Deke will access the passive visual sensors (i.e., the surveillance cameras) to scan vital areas of the station such as Operations and Engineering for hostiles. Should he find any, he activates security overrides to lock out attempts to access all station functions without the proper codes (this includes opening doors). He also attempts to locate any crew in or near those areas.

OOC: System Operation test, if needed = 6 roll + 2 roll + 5 skill + 2 specialty + 1 INT + 2 edge +1 affinity = 19
    Last edited by RaconteurX; 07-24-2004 at 05:44 PM.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Slow down.

I haven't even had a chance to reply to you yet and already you are making dice rolls.

Give me a chance man

Comes of long PBEM experience. I'm just being prepared, anticipating the logical tests you might assign, and making rolls in the interest of faster turnaround. And I wasn't even a Boy Scout in my youth...
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

Okay from what you can gain from the primitive computers on boards, there are no lifeforms onboard, aside from you two.

But there is another disturbing aspect as well. The station is begining to show the effects of interphase. Either on purpose or by accident, the station is being phased into transphasic space.

And needless to say the effects of interphase on sentients is madness...

Deke's features tighten as the gravity of the situation becomes apparent. "We do not have much time, sir." He shows Kuhnes what he has discovered. "It's possible, if they were unable to escape Deep Star 6 before it was captured, that everyone else aboard the station has already succumb to interphase madness. Our unconsciousness may have protected us, but I'd surmise that we have at best a temporary reprieve."

He commences a search of the computer system for information on interphase. "There may be a means of combatting the effects, but the civilian archive is incomplete. The full Starfleet databank was coming in with Commander Rostoff and Lieutenant McKeown. We need to contact Bannockburn or Monitor, if either is within range, before the effects of interphase render us insane. I suggest make our way to Operations, re-establish full power, and pump as much as feasible through the communications array in order to penetrate any jamming or interphase distortion."

OOC: Computer Use test, if needed = 6 roll + 4 roll + 4 skill + 1 INT + 2 edge = 17
    Last edited by RaconteurX; 07-30-2004 at 07:35 AM.

"Is there anyway to shield the inside of the station from the madness?"

OOC- Do our characters know whats going on outside?

"That I know of, sir, no. All I recall is that the phenomenon appears to be subspace-related and is highly unstable."

Deke confirms the current computer time index in an effort to determine how much time has passed since they were knocked out.

OOC: I assume this is not much of a problem, given Deke's Eidetic Memory, but here is a Computer Use test regardless. 3 roll + 2 roll + 4 skill + 1 INT + 2 edge = 12

1 - The computer time index is wonky at best and constantly changing times, it is impossible to tell how long.

2 - There is no way to shield the station from Transphasic radiation.

3 - The computers are so very limited and not in touch with Memory Alpha, that there is nothing beyond a definition of Transphasic radiation.

Deke tries to restore power to the turbolifts, enough to open up a route from here to Operations. "We do not have much time, sir, hours at best. Communication with Bannockburn or Monitor is essential to our survival. We must get to Operations, by the swiftest means possible."

OOC: Computer Use test = 5 roll + 3 roll + 4 skill + 1 Int + 2 edge = 15