Thread: Canon Government Help

Canon Government Help

Hello All,
    I've been trying to put together a list of all mentioned Alpha/Beta Quadrant Governments. I have a list I'm going to include (plus a list of non-canon gov's I use in my game) here.
    Now I know people are going to mention Species like Vulcan, Andorian, and Valt - but they are part of larger entities (Fed, Fed, and Klingon). This is a list for political borders.

• Acamarian
    • Bajor
    • Barzan
    • Borg Collective
    • Boslic
    • Breen Confederacy
    • Caldonian
    • Cardassian Union
    • Chalnoth
    • Dominion of Planets
    • Ferengi Alliance
    • First Federation
    • Gorn Commonwealth
    • J'Naii
    • Klingon Empire
    • Kriosians
    • Ktarian
    • Lurian
    • Lysia
    • Melkotian
    • Mizarian
    • Naussican
    • Orion
    • Pakled
    • Romulan Star Empire
    • Satarran
    • Sheliak Corporate
    • S’ona
    • Talarian
    • Tamarian (Children of Tamar)
    • Tholian Holdfast
    • Tzenkethi
    • United Federation of Planets

Now for the totally non-canon governments.

• Grigari (DS9 The Fallen, PC game)
    • Kam’Jehtae (ST: Invasion, Play Station?)
    • Kinshaya (FASA)
    • Kizinti (TAS)
    • Kohligar (home brew, based off Farscape)
    • Othan (Steve Long)
    • Sabacean Alliance (home brew, based off Farscape)
    • Sha’Kur Kingdoms (SFB/Klingon Academy PC game)
    • Tahauri Unity (Romulan Box Set)
    • Vudar (SFB)

If anybody can think of any others I missed do say something, please.

Thanks for any help I may receive, and feel free to copy the lists for your own evil reasons.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

A Small Blue World at the end of one of the Spiral Arms of the Milky Way Galaxy.
    These are a few off the top of my head:-

Canon

Varrduarr (DQ/BQ)
    Voth (DQ) (But they may decide to come back & reclaim home)
    Nibarite Alliance (AQ/BQ) Mentioned in 'Way of the Warrior' Worf was off to Join them. Not sure exactly where they are though.

Non Canon

IKS (Imperial Klingon States (The Triangle - FASA))
    Affiliation of Free Worlds (The Triangle - FASA)
    (Hell, The Whole Triangle Suppliment)
    Tau'hauri Unity (ICON) (Opposite Romulan Empire)

That's just a few as i said, i'll have a look when i get home for any more.

Sundowner
    Sundowner

"Sure, it will probably explode. But at least I won't be in it, on it, or near it."

Varrduarr: I didn't think they were in the BQ (that could be quite fun).
    Nibarite Alliance: What episode of what series.

IKS and Triangle, I feel like an idiot I labled them on my map just forgot to mention them in the list.
    Tau'Hauri / Tahauri OK so I misspelled that one, thanks for noticing.

Any way, thanks Sundowner I knew I was missing some, still feels like there are a few left.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

The Metrons (TOS: "Arena") evidently claim a region of space, and when they scanned (and later immobilized) the Enterprise, the "unknown power" emanated from a distinct solar system.

However, they are extraordinarily unlikely to interact with humans, so maybe they're not what you're looking for.

Likewise, the living rock beings of Excalbia controlled that world (TOS: "The Savage Curtain")

The civilizations on Eminiar and Vendikar (TOS: A Taste Of Armageddon), and on Ekos and Zeon (TOS: Patterns Of Force) come to mind. The former are probably not Federation members; the latter might be.

The Zalkons (TNG: Transfigurations) have a technology at least equal to that of the Federation, and don't particularly like outside interference in what they consider their affairs.

The Cytherians (TNG: The Nth Degree) control at least one planet near the center of the galaxy. These are the aliens who boosted Barclay's intelligence.

The insect-like Jarada (I forget the episode, but in it, Picard had to learn to speak their greeting precisely) controlled their world and were not members of the Federation.

The Barzan, who once sought Federation help brokering their wormhole -- chances are, if they were Federation members, they wouldn't be brokering it.

The Bynars control at least their own planet, Bynus. (TNG: 10111001 or something like that)

I selected these on two criteria: (1) known or reasonably certain to control at least one planet, and (2) known or reasonably certain not to belong to any other polity.

A Small Blue World at the end of one of the Spiral Arms of the Milky Way Galaxy.
    Originally posted by Phoenix
    Varduarr: I didn't think they were in the BQ (that could be quite fun).
    Nibarite Alliance: What episode of what series.
    The Nibarite Alliance were mentioned in the Way of the Warrior - 1st ep, season 5 or 6 i think, Worf's first appearance.

I Mentioned the Varduarr as the 'corridors' mentioned in the EP streched all the way to the Talaxian homeworld, and quite a way to the BQ, so i thought you might want to add them.

Sundowner

Sundowner

"Sure, it will probably explode. But at least I won't be in it, on it, or near it."

Angosian (Episode: TNG 159 - The Hunted)
    Antican (Episode: TNG 108 - Lonely Among Us)
    Bandi of Deneb IV (TNG:"Farpoint Station")
    Barolians Episode: TNG 208 - Unification, Part I
    Benzites Episode: TNG 119 - Coming of Age
    Borg, altered (Lore's, Hugh's) Episode: TNG 252 - Descent, Part I
    Brekkians Episode: TNG 123 - Symbiosis
    Ornarans Episode: TNG 123 - Symbiosis
    Liseppians Episode: DS9 417 - The Forsaken
    Ligonians (TNG:"Code of Honor")
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

List of Alpha and Beta Quadrant species.

I think about half of these don't really give you much information on whether they're part of the Federation or not.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I just finished reading the first book of the Star Trek: Titan series (Taking Wing), and for what it's worth that book mentions that the world Capella (from TOS) is not part of the Federation, and not expected to join for generations.

Which would make it an independant government, sandwiched between the Federation and the Klingons.
    You're a Starfleet Officer. "Weird" is part of the job.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn Pro
    We're hip-deep in alien cod footsoldiers. Define 'weird'.
    (I had this cool borg smiley here, but it was on my site and my isp seems to have eaten my site. )

Is there a list somewhere that list who took what sides in the Dominion War?

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One