Thread: Tiburonese?

Tiburonese?

Hi.

I just got the Starfleet Manual, which includes the Tiburonese.

Now I wonder, where this species did appear in Star Trek.

Any ideas?

Well, in the ep "The Savage Curtain" the Exclabian mentioned Zora who experimented on the people of Tiburon. Whether she was from Tiburon is open for debate.

Dr. Sevrin I believe was from Tiburon. "The Way to Eden."

Beyond the occassional name dropping, I think those are the only official mentionings of Tiburon.

Dr Sevrin in the TOS episode 'The Way To Eden' and a crewmember in a DS9 episode ('The Ship' IIRC) were both Tiburonese.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by."
    "Though a cloaking device, pulsed phaser cannons
    and a full load of quantum torpedoes would be quite nice too."

That is correct. Being their physical peculiarities an elongated ear lobe and their baldness (at least on the two males we have seen).
    Insurance is like marriage. You pay and pay but you never get anything back. - Al Bundy

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Wasn't the merchant captain McCoy attempted to book passage with in Star Trek III supposed to Tiburonese?
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Wasn't the merchant captain McCoy attempted to book passage with in Star Trek III supposed to Tiburonese?

--Sea Tyger
    I don't think that characters species was ever identified. I did see one webpage that called him a genetically pure Arcturian (produced without cloning).

A fan based idea sure, but rather a neat idea I thought. On the one had you could have the sexually produced Arcturians, such as the merchant captain from ST:III. On the other you have the clone Arcturians who have lost their distictive uncloned looks due to loss of integrity of the cloned cells. . .the copy of a copy agrument. I always thought that would make a good backstory for an adventure, but never did anything with it.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."