Thread: Need help finding a book

Need help finding a book

Title says it all. The book in question is the Rukhnama or Book of Soul by Saparmurat Niyazov, the dictator of Turkmenistan. For the life of me I cannot get my hands on an original copy or a translation. I read somewhere that an english version was created by an English university so maybe someone else has seen or heard something about it.

I'm just looking for anything, a site that offers hard to come by books, a bookstore or anything else for help.
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all."
    -Joan Robinson, economist

Well, did a Google search "Rukhnama" and found sections of what I think you are looking for. But, other then that...:shrug: sorry.

I assume you checked with the Oxford/ Cambridge University bookstores. Also, you might try the Queen's University book store. At one time you could get any book, as long as it still had an active edition out, in print.

If I may ask, why are you looking for it?

Originally posted by Phantom
    If I may ask, why are you looking for it? [/B]
    Personal interest. I've read most of the works by the world's most well known dictators. From the NK Juche to Mein Kampf, its a hobby of mine.

The book is particularly hard to come by because of the extremely harsh Visa requirements to enter Turkmenistan. Added fact that you don't want the Turkmen stamp on your passport.
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all."
    -Joan Robinson, economist