Thread: Hatch to appear on new BSG series

Hatch to appear on new BSG series

FYI,

Hatch Embraces New Galactica
    Richard Hatch, who will guest-star in SCI FI Channel's upcoming original series Battlestar Galactica, told fans that it was difficult for him to give up his idea to continue the original series, in which he starred.
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-m...8/06/12.30.sfc

Question

So is that a blessing or an acceptance, or both?
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Will be interesting to see what they do with him

As long as they don't make him Skippy, the toothless Sanitation Engineer and station crank/drunk. Every once in a while one of them will say: "Gee, I'd hate to be like Skippy, living in the past.."

Hopefully, it will be something sufficiently meaty (and ego-boosting) like a leader of some of the smaller ships who have allied togtether politically and use him on screen for their spokesman from time to time or a former pilot training the new generation or something a bit more impressive than Skippy. What I am hoping he is not going to be (other than Skippy) is the "Other Officer", you know, that guy on the TOS (and quite a few other Trek and non-Trek programs) who is a pain-in-the-butt officer that comes sweeping in and is either (a) dangerously unstable or (b) hopelessly incompetent; thus forcing our stalwart heroes to either accomodate or circumvent him.
    "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth

According to SF Weekly, Hatch will not be playing any sort of Viper pilot or military personnel but will be playing instead some kind of diplomat.
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

Arrow

He'll portray a Mandela-like political prisoner.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer