Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This is the End?

This is the End?

So if trek-rpg is going down, where are people going? Is there interest in a new trek community for trek-rpg refugees?
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

I suggested RolePlay OnLine! as a possible new home for Aslan's "Deep Star 6" campaign, but know of no other sites which might suit the Trek roleplaying community. All I can say is farewell, my friends, and well met. Here's hoping we shall all meet again someday.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Arrow

Though I am saddened (this is actually my first web-based messageboards that I partipated in), I have no grudge against Don Mappin's decision. I got a lot of memories here, though. It was through his web site that my one and only material for LUGTrek was published. We've had some great dialogue with the LUG folk, from Ross Isaacs to Steve Long, and the ever-present Doug Burke.

And it was the only place to download Spacedock.

I will continue to visit this board and this site until the very last day. And on that day, I hope everyone will gather around one last time so we can toast its long run.

Thank you, Don, for the years of great memories.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

oh.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Unhappy

Well, this announcement comes almost 3 years exactly after I joined this forum.
    While I had not been as active as before this year (for many reasons including no Net access from work anymore), I still regularly visited the boards, and this news is sad indeed (even if not entirely unexpected).

I want to join REG to thank Don and every one who contributed to make this place what it is/was. I'll keep a lot of good memories of conversations on this forum and the interesting people I met.

And now I'm gonna browse this site to save every topic I used to find interesting on my hard drive ...
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

forums.decipher.com, perhaps?
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

forums.decipher.com, perhaps?

Hahahahahahahahahaha! O, you break me up. What a kidder!

Get real.

I saw that coming like a quantum torpedo.

Maybe it's for the best.
    Old Age And Treachery Will Triumph Over Youth And Skill

bummer but I understand where Don's coming from.

Thanks Don, for the years of good times I've had here.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

Decipher is non-viable for three reasons...

1) I'm pretty sure they would discourage discussion of non-CODA game systems.

2) They no longer even support even their own Trek RPG.

3) To sign up for a Decipher forums account, you must give them information, such as your postal address, that they have absolutely no business asking.

I'd rather see a Yahoo! list, and I'm not a real big fan of Yahoo!

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Thanks for the fun, Don. I really enjoyed this little piece of Trekdom in cyberspace.

Good luck and God bless.

Davy
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Unhappy

Thank you, Don. You done good.

I will miss this board.

Any chance that we can create a new one... EZ Board, perhaps?
    Hugh Casey
    My Online Journal

"Oh, bother," said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh."

I could get something going, if there is interest..... like phpBB2 though.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Well then. So this is the end.

I shall miss TrekRPG Net -- but for my part, just as LUG Trek isn't dead as long as we remember it, so is this site.

We've come a long way. Even after the politics ban, even after so much arguing and whatnot, this was one of the most civilised boards I ever knew. We've had some pretty enlighted discussions here and some happy nonsense, too.

Don, I lift my glass to you. Thank you so very much for all the time you invested and the tireless diligence in pursuit of better gaming. I hope you can find the time to live well with your family and work.

Until next we meet, mate!

Captain Novaes,
    Over and Out.
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    <div align="center"><center><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#000080"><tr><td><center><br><font face=verdana><font color="#000080"><font size="2">I am</font><br><font size=8><font face=symbol>p</font></font><br><br><font size=2>Everyone loves pi</font></font><br><font color="#FFFFFF">_</font></font></td></tr></table></center></div><br><center><font face=verdana><font size=2><a href="http://www.geocities.com/eyecanspy/numberquiz">what number are you?</a></font><font size=1><br><br>this quiz by <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/orsa">orsa</a></font></font></center>

Originally posted by Owen E Oulton
    Decipher is non-viable for three reasons...

1) I'm pretty sure they would discourage discussion of non-CODA game systems.

2) They no longer even support even their own Trek RPG.

3) To sign up for a Decipher forums account, you must give them information, such as your postal address, that they have absolutely no business asking.

I'd rather see a Yahoo! list, and I'm not a real big fan of Yahoo!
    I'm glad you cleared that up I assumed your were talking about the old Decipher messsage boards.
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!