Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is the End?

This is the end
    Beautiful friend
    This is the end
    My only friend, the end
    - The End by the Doors

Rayaru , there's definity an interest. Its all a matter of who is willing to take the initative to keep it alive. Don did allude that he was open to selling the forum or domain, if i'm not mistaken.
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

Godspeed, Don.

I was hoping for the best and I am sure we all appreciate the time and love you put into this site and your work. I, for one, am particularly displeased with the teasing we received from Decipher, but I always looked forward to coming to this site for hope for the Star Trek RPG's future. I hope beyond hope that someone here will be able to keep the content of these forums safe somewhere as my primary harddrive has failed and my wife and I don't have room on this backup for all the downloads I wanted to retrieve from the forums before they close. If there is any hope of that, will someone please speak up soon?

Good Luck in your new role of family man, Don. I hope this will not be the last we hear (read?) from you, but if so, thank you so much for the gifts you have provided these six all too short years...
    Isn't it going to suck when the Islamic extremists die for their cause and discover their 72 virgins are all GUYS?

Unhappy

Damn this sucks.

While i understand Dons reasoning & I thank him for providing a forum for us to gather and exchange our ideas, this announcement does leave a hole in my being. This board was the first message board i had ever signed up for and i must say, inhabited by the friendliest group of people on the net.

So if I don't get the chance to say it before the site goes down, Farewell all! It was a pleasure to talk to all of you, thanks for the ideas for my Trek Game, and I hope to talk to you elsewhere on the web. The past 4 years have been fun.

& Thanks Don for providing the best Damn Trek RPG site I've ever seen.

Hailing Frequancies closed
    Rich

Well, I've crossed sabers with a few, had interesting debates with most, and conversed with all of you. I have to say that I am disappointed that the site will be closed, I had nothing but good times here.

But, family is all important and I fully understand Don's train of thought. Don I don't know if you are/will be reading this, but I know we have been, as many have said, like oil and water. Some, however, say that praise from an "enemy" is the highest of all...So, you did a great job over the years Don. I salute you, sir. I hope your future endevours are profitable and satisfying.

Farewell.

Phantom fades.

Gawd... I feel... I dunnow what I feel, but I don't like it

I have made a lot of friends here (and some enemies) over the years. People I honestly consider more than just folks I talk to online.

18536996 is my ICQ

aslan_collas@yahoo.com

Anyone wants to keep in touch, please do

Wow... I am gonna miss this place... my first message-board...

I used to run a WWIV BBS back in the early 90's and this place reminded me of it so very very much.

To everything there is a season I guess.

Thanks Don, for all the highs, lows and middlings over the years. This was always a class act of a place.

LtCmdrMatt's working on getting his site up. When it's up and ticking, I or he'll post the address and everyone can start migrating over.
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

speak of the devil....It's starting to get put up. but here's the url.

http://www.ltcmdrmatt.com/fbr/forum/
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

And so it ends

Oh damn

I'd never think I'd see the day... TrekRPGNet was one of the stable anchors in my RPG life. And, I would say, in my life. I'm working at home, and whenever I felt I'd need a break, or just didn't feel like working I'd go and read the boards. It had become a reflex.

THANK YOU so much Don and team for making this place possible and alive. It kept my Trek motivation floating... I still remember the old trekrpg mailing list; ah, this is the end of an era.

I totally understand your decision, Don. I do not have enough time on my hands either... I wish you all the best in your endeavors, and I hope we can see you around at the new boards.

I'm moved beyond words...

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek

I've posted a few words in the Trek Chat forum but I just wanted to echo everyone's comments here.
    I'll really miss the old girl when she's gone.

Renny

This comes as a catastrophe of almost epical scale. I mean it. Trek-RPG was the first forum I joined, when accidentally finding it on my very first day in the internet.

I've been in quite some others, over there at White-Wolf, swrpgnetwork, and so on - but this was home away from home.
    It hurts to see it go, since I really felt comfortable here and here you could find such a load of input/ ideas and material - it was marvellous.

Although I am sad see trek-rpg go, I am very grateful for all those you have worked so hard to keep these forums up. Thank you very, very much for your efforts, your commitment, your patience with us - the users - and for giving up so much of your free time and "real" life to make this place possible. I would say Trek Roleplaying has gained more from this site than from any product released by a company ( without wanting to degrade them ).
    I'd say everyone of you qualifies for the UFP Medal of Valor for yearlong commitment to Trek above the call of duty.

Well as in Matrix - Everything that has a beginning has an end. This does not mean this is the end of the trek community, in fact I refuse to believe that all this here should be in vain now. And I doubt there will be no new place to gather - after all "there are plenty more letters in the alphabet".

So I wish you all clear horizons and godspeed to all of you! See you out there.

Volker Maiwald
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Perhaps we should launch a Trek-rpg-a.net website ?

It's a shame that the website had to be closed, but with luck the torch will be passed on to others, and the community, as a whole, will move together, to the new boards.

With luck this might be the motivation to make something bigger newer and better... All the things that Don wanted Trek-rpg to be, but didn't have the time to devote to it!

For Don. This will probably be exactly the type of thing he needs for himself. By freeing himself of the responsibility and the chore he'll open up new avenues for creativity and who knows, he may well come back shiny and new.
    Ta Muchly

Rayaru , there's definity an interest. Its all a matter of who is willing to take the initative to keep it alive. Don did allude that he was open to selling the forum or domain, if i'm not mistaken. [/B][/QUOTE]

That would be the best way, because so the history of the six years here of us all together wouldn't be lost.

I think at least the forums should be "saved" there is so much stuff on them that will be lost even if we transfer some of it to a new place.

The question is IS there anyone willing to take over the forums from Don?

Thank you Don for providing a home to Star Trek RPGs. I really appreciate the work that you have done with the site.

I'm sorry to see her go, but sometimes you have to do the things you don't want to. Once again thank you!

Thanks, Don, I've had a lot of fun here, the past couple of years. I'll miss the site, and the people who hang out here. My e-mail is "tmutant@hotmail.com" if anything changes, or if a new site is started, or if someone is jonesing to talk Trek.
    tmutant

Founder of the Evil Gamemasters Support Group. No, Really.

Reading this thread was such a big mistake.

All the pain, regret, and sadness that I felt making the decision and the announcement yesterday is magnified several orders of magnitude by reading this. I appreciate all the kind words and am trying my best to type through blurry eyes.

Yet for all this I still feel as if I've failed you all. I could keep the site running indefinitely but I think I really need to step away. Move aside and let some new creative people, full of energy, step in and help drive the community. On the other hand, the thought of flipping a switch and deleting the site….wow, it's like killing something that I helped create. Once it's gone….it's gone. The thought makes me sick to my stomach.

Honestly I didn't know the site meant so much to so many people. It always meant a lot to me but to others, I had no idea.

Mostly…I'll miss the people. After it's shut down, will I ever speak with Aslan, Ineti, or [insert name here] again? Probably not. All those relationships with all of you…just disappear. It's a sobering realization.

I wish the best to you all. The possibilities I see are endless. I just wish I had the time to make us all happy.

Yours,
    Don
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride