Thread: Saveing Spacedock?

Saveing Spacedock?

With the appairent loss of Trek-rpg-net is their any way to save the last of Spacedock? Personally I hate to see all the information and hashing of designs fade in to nothingness.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Well, if we have enough dedicated people, I think a Yahoo Group would be a good place to start. But we would need a site anyone can just come in and have a look at. Like trek-rpg.net used to be. Losing these forums would be a massive blow, anything we can do to save them would be good. Time shouldn't really be a problem if we spread the load around enough, it's all about cost. I've asked Don about the cost of running these forums.

Personally, I've only looked into Spacedock, the other rule systems seem far too simple. The rulebooks are hosted on Memory Icon, so we could come up with a site and link to those for people to download. Plus, I've uploaded them to some webspace I have from my ISP, so if Memory dont want us using their bandwidth, we can use that.

There are many options for us if we're interested. Just might take a little effort, which I dont mind if it means saving this.

Plus, can we have the Romulan SRM before the site shuts down?

Tim
    Tim "Bobby George" Hills

I somebody wants to do a compilation of the designs which have been posted here, I'll put it up with the SpaceDock Netbooks on Memory: ICON.

The Romulan SRM will go up on Memory: ICON as soon as it is finished - that's a given.

There are an awlful lot of designs to filter through Owen, do we have enough time?
    Phoenix...

but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

Filtering compleate...9.5 hours of reading the screen for designs...eyes bleeding...it's worth it however.
    Phoenix...

Plus, can we have the Romulan SRM before the site shuts down?
    Well, you can if it's ever finished. However, since I seem to have completely lost touch with Chris Huth, who was doing the layout work, I don't foresee that happening anytime soon.
    Steve Long
    HERO System Line Developer

Never mind about the layout, can we just have the ship stats and the Romulan construction rules?
    Tim "Bobby George" Hills

If I were willing to hand them out in text file form, I'd've done so months ago. I want the book to look nice, like the other SRMs.
    Steve Long

Maybe someone else can take care of the layout ?

I look forward to see it finished you ve done amazing work on the other 4 books.

Well

Take all the time you think is necessary to finish it, and again thanks for all of us for your work
    Romuald "Pantoufle" Theate

I don't have any objection if someone else wants to take on the layout chores, provided I can somehow confirm that they have the skills and tools to do the job and seem trustworthy.

On the bright side, Chris Huth has already done most of the work. What remains to be done is adding new material and making corrections... assuming someone has the tools and skill to take the PDF that Chris sent me and work with it, or convert it back into some layout program.
    Steve Long

I think i can handle that

I have a PDF editing software and some experience in pdf creation so if as you say the layout is already done, i shouldn't be that much of a job.

I really want to see it finished to print it and add it to my book collection. I'm not interested in the txt version either.

Unfortunatly i go on holiday wednesday for 2 weeks so i won't be able to work on it before that. When i come back and if noone else seems to continue the job then i could start work on it if it's fine by you of course.

Regards,

Romuald
    Romuald "Pantoufle" Theate

OK, I've had a few "applications" to help finalize the Rommies book. I'm about to leave for GenCon, so I'll take further applications through early next week, then decide after I get back.

To make sure I have your contact info, please e-mail me about this at SteveL@herogames.com. Just posting here may result in my losing a way to contact you. So, even if you've posted here about it, if you haven't written me already, please do.

Thanx!
    Steve Long

Unhappy

Greetings one and all.

Isn't it typical. After being away from these forums for an extended time, I decide to return and see what's up, only to find it's just a matter of hours before the site goes down...

Glad to hear that there may be a way to save the designs we've posted herein, if Owen is willing. The Memory: ICON site is fast becoming a must-use resource for me.

Wish I had more time on the computer to help pour through the designs.

Also, any news on a Yahoo! group for SD enthusiasts? Again, time constraints prevent me from taking on the challenge of moderating such a site myself, but I'm definitely going to be a charter member if/when it gets going...

If I don't speak with any of you again before the forums shut down...

Live long and prosper.

Paul "Knightsfyre" Lacroix
    knightsfyre@canada.com
    Last edited by Knightsfyre001; 08-23-2004 at 09:37 AM.