Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thanks, Fond Farewells and Best Wishes, Don

Thank you, Don

I didn‘t write this sooner because I wanted wait and see how things will develop, whether somebody will show up willing and capable of keeping this site running or if this will be the end of trek-rpg.net, at least for the immediate future. As far as I know the latter one is the case.
    Anyway, thank you for providing this place for us for such a long time. Don‘t feel bad because of your decision. You have gone far above and beyond of what could have been expected. The community is strong and will continue to exist, over at the Ferengi Blue Room . A community I am glad and proud of being a part of and which wouldn‘t exist without you.
    I registered here almost exactly 4 years and 6 months ago, shortly after spotting and buying the TNG Core Game Book and since then visiting this forum has become a part of my life.

Thank you very much for all of this Don.

I hope to hear from you again, either at the new boards or here, if this place should continue to exist.

Long life and peace to you and your family.

Thanks Don for producing an excellent Star Trek site. I'll definatly miss it.

Wouldn't you know it? I come back after a few weeks away, only to see that the forums are likely to close soon. And while I can't seem to find the actual announcement anywhere, I've picked up bits and pieces from other people's posts.

I will admit to 1) being a long-time lurker, and 2) being less than helpful when Don was looking for ideas on what to do about the boards a while back. However, I must say that in putting this site together and keeping it running for so long through thick and thin, Don definitely deserves my thanks. I've always found it to be an invaluable source of information, and not just on Star Trek. Whatever the future holds for you, Dan, best of luck.

Cluttered Mind