Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Farewell

With the closing of Trek-RPG.net, I now take my leave and say "Goodbye." I may occaisionally be seen at the Decipher message board, and more regularly seen at White Wolf's New World of Darkness forums.

Fare thee well, forum friends, enemies, and political debaters; This was a fine ride and a lot of good discussions were had here.
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

Wait right there...

C'mon guys. At least wait until the place has gone before heading off. Its not like the site is going to self-destruct with us aboard... Worst case scenario is the it will just go... But we will still be here...

So just hold on, dont leave before its time.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Well, this is it. My final post before the closing of Trek-RPG.net. I don't know exactly what time it will become "offline" so I'll just say a few words then I'm off.

Thanks to Don and everyone for allowing me to express myself -- both good and bad -- about my two still-favorite subjects, Star Trek and roleplaying games. I cannot believe how long it has been but it has been quite a journey, and I have no regret. Made me feel lucky to have found a community that is worldwide.

One last time, I raise my mug of bloodwine to everyone. Qapla!

Good luck in your present and future endeavors, Don Mappin. Qapla.

>>> Final Transmission <<<
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Unhappy

Sorry to see this go, if it does disappear forever.

We hold on to hope that the site will stay around. I know I feel like it was quite a worthwhile site, and I'm sad to see it go.

Here's hoping for its rebirth!

Not all of us are leaving Dan.I for one just hate change & will stick around until the end.
    Originally posted by Dan Gurden
    Wait right there...

C'mon guys. At least wait until the place has gone before heading off. Its not like the site is going to self-destruct with us aboard... Worst case scenario is the it will just go... But we will still be here...

So just hold on, dont leave before its time.

It's not a farewell. Simply a 'till next time'.

Don, see you on Trek-RPG.net. And everyone else. Goodnight.
    Insurance is like marriage. You pay and pay but you never get anything back. - Al Bundy

Wishing everyone here the best, for now and for future. My fervent hope is that the site will continue, in its current form (hopefully) or under new management or slightly altered format.

This site has been the eye of the Star Trek RPing hurricane over the last six years - its creator had an unprecedented set of links to the creative minds responsible for two major gaming systems, as well as being objective enough to call a spade a spade and not fall into the trap of corporate bullspeak. We all owe Don - and the various moderators over the years - a huge vote of gratitude for the sacrifice of time, effort, finances and simple love for the game they made over the past half-decade.

If it does come down to this: Goodbye, Trek-RPG.net. You've been a house where friends could meet, agree, disagree, come apart and fall back together when the time was right. God willing, we'll see you again in some form; constructed and run by the same people, perhaps, and with the same itinerant population who refuse to let a dream die.

Thank you, Don. Hope to hear from - and about - you soon. All the best,

David S. McBride

Til We Meet Again

I can only echo what so many have eloquently exprssed. See you all on the flip side (perhaps at the new website, I know I've signed up)!

Charles
    "Everything happens for a reason..."

Just thinking, that a lot of old-time members did post to this thread which I havent seen in a long time. Maybe they still use their old mailadresses and will get a notificatioin of my reply and return to the forums...

Worth a shot in my eyes...

Come back home guys, we're still here!

*Bump*

How are you, Eric R.?

Wow, this one just passed over me, sorry for not replying to it then.

However i was a bit under the weather at the time, on the 4th of January this year I hand another more severe Seizure now they think I might have MS. I am doing Ok now but have lost my job as a bus driver, but will be going back to School to become a drafter (and yes I plan to do deck plans in the future ). So anyways hey Owen did you ever get that write up of Bonk and LQ done I would still love to see it.
    Draftsmen in Training

Sorry to hear about your medical conditions, but that doesn't mean that you cannot be a productive member of society. And hey, stick around, we're still here for yah.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Quote Originally Posted by Eric R.
    Wow, this one just passed over me, sorry for not replying to it then.
    No problem! It's nice to 'read you again' ;-)

I hope the docs are wrong about your medical condition. All the best to you, Eric. It's good to know you're here every now and then. Good luck with your new job plans.

Regards, Cut

Much sympathy, I hope it's not too severe (or preferably something temporary). If it's any help, I know someone who's lived with that condition for about ten years and has a generally quite normal life. I know she watches her diet very carefully and every so often she turns up with a stick or sunglasses, but still...
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Let me say, welcome back!

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One