Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank You + Trek Stuff

Cool Thank You + Trek Stuff

I would like to take the opportunity to make a quick post and pass along my appreciation to all of you and your well-wishes since the announcement. While I haven't read every thread, most -- if not all of you -- have been extremely supportive of my decision. I realize for all of us that this isn't the ideal situation; no one more than me feels the pain of what it'll be like to finally close this site down. (Presuming it comes down to that.)

In any event, regardless of what happens, thanks for the good times and the memories. I'm hopeful that someone will step up to the plate and take over the site; there's lots of good information on here that deserves to be shared. With that said, it's a bit painful to see people copying content en-masse for another site in an effort to "save" it. I understand the desire and in your place would probably do the same. Personally, I'd rather try to save the site we already have.

If any kind of agreement is reached to keep the site running in some format, I'll pass that along. It may be necessary to extend the closing date to facilitate a transfer. That's okay; it's only money.

In other news, I'd like to invite those who haven't visited the online TrekRPGNet store to do so now -- this may be your last chance!
    http://www.cafepress.com/trekrpg

I've thrown up a special surprise to acknowledge the closing of the site for our "regulars" around here. I'll see about making the graphic available, even if you don't want to purchase a professional-version yourself.

Best wishes everyone and keep Trekkin'!
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Reserved.
    Contributor, Gnome Stew

Nicely done, Don. Gonna have to get me a copy. And a couple spare LCARS Input Surfaces, too...
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Man I wish I had a credit card!

Great stuff Don.

For you Don

Don, thanks for making me feel welcomed here when i inquried about the RPG and for converting me over to Coda

Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

How long are these gonna be available. Gonna have to get me one, and maybe a couple bits and pieces. You do ship to the UK, right?

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Orders are processed by Cafe Press, but I'm pretty sure they do international. Had a huge order the other day from a person in France, I believe.
    Contributor, Gnome Stew

Originally posted by AslanC
    Man I wish I had a credit card!

Great stuff Don.
    I'm still waiting to hear from you and your bid for the site, Aslan.

Well, you and Phantom.
    Contributor, Gnome Stew

Originally posted by Don Mappin
    I'm still waiting to hear from you and your bid for the site, Aslan.

Well, you and Phantom.
    My what? Um... I am poor dude... Maybe when I was at the radios tation I could have don something, but being a security guard, I live pay cheque to pay cheque.

It kinda sucks actually

The box is perfect for dice and miniatures. How long will this stuff will be around, Don?
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

OK, ordered a print and a mug. I've been meaning to get a new mug for work for ages.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

While archiving stuff from the archives, I came across this. I wrote it in April 2002, and I still believe it today:
    Don rules, and shows us why every day.
    Best wishes, Don. You carried the load far longer than I could have, and even offered to help others carry their loads. (The quote is from a thread about saving Ex Astris Scientia.) I think the karma you've earned from hosting this site should let you coast for the rest of your life.
    (I also think you're unlikely to "coast". Good Guys have a tendancy to stay that way.)

So, thank you Don. Thanks for having the site, thanks for keeping it up as long as you did, thanks for the "conversations" we had. Thanks for all of it.
    If I should happen to be the last one out, I'll make sure to shut off the lights.
    You're a Starfleet Officer. "Weird" is part of the job.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn Pro
    We're hip-deep in alien cod footsoldiers. Define 'weird'.
    (I had this cool borg smiley here, but it was on my site and my isp seems to have eaten my site. )

Man I didn't even know we had this store. Would have bought some stuff earlier

Best wishes, Don. Hope you'll still be around now and then.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Don:

I'm sure everyone appreciates the time, effort, abd yes, money, you have put into this site. We will sincerely miss this site if we lose it, but bear you no ill will if that's the case.

I'll leave you with two thoughts.

Spock once said, "The news of the many outweigh the needs of the few...or the one" -- in this case, not entirely true. You need to do what makes you happiest, Don. Good luck in all your future endeavors.

Lastly, let's all remember TrekRPG with the thoughts of Leonard "Bones" McCoy, spoken at the seeming loss of a certain pointy-eared devil in ST II: TWOK:

"He's not really dead, you know. Not as long as we remember him."

Originally posted by Space_Cadet
    The box is perfect for dice and miniatures. How long will this stuff will be around, Don?
    The Cafe Press site can hang around as long as it needs to, it's not part of my site.

However no one will have the URL.

Thanks for the comments, guys. It just occured to me that I need to archive them somehow or print them out; it'd be nice to have a reminder of some happier times.
    Contributor, Gnome Stew