Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The road to Decipher Trek continues...

Well, if there are crossovers, I want to see a sourcebook of stuff from Star Trek: Voyager: Elite Force. Maybe evena New Frontier sourcebook.

Or at least include information from that all in the new RPG books.

------------------

Does anyone want the RPG to have the ships from Armada, BotF, SFA, KA, etc?

There's all sorts of neat goodies from the Trek games that I'd love to see conversions for, even the overpowerufl weapons (not like they never used those in the tv shows or movies).

There is the Bajoran bilitrium grenades from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Crossroads of Time.

Any of the equipment from Elite Force.

The vessels of Star Trek: Armada (you know you want the Jupiter and it's Chain Reaction Cannon).

The vessls of Star Trek: Klingon Academy.

The vessels of the Starfleet Command games.

And that is all I can think of for now...

-----------------------

We say atoms are bound by
    weak attractors.

Why not admit the truth:
    The universe is held together by love.

Michio von Kerr,
    Wayist physicist,
    CY 9942

GENE RODDENBERRY'S ANDROMEDA
    BANKS OF THE LETHE

[This message has been edited by Caretaker (edited 04-30-2001).]

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a source book for New Frontiers. Not a big fan of the books themselves, but I like the characters. It is about time Star Trek had a non-diplomatic Captain, I really like Calhoun's style.

Thumbs up

A New Frontiers Sourcebook would rock

Karg

It would be nice to have a sourcebook with background info for New Frontier, because I don't want to read the novels. It would be nice to have stuff from other novels scattered among other sourcebooks. Could have Deneb information including Duane's Denebians. Could have an alternate Romulan sourcebook with the Rihannsu. Strangers from the Sky and Duane's Vulcan history would be welcome to show up somewhere.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cochrane:
    It would be nice to have a sourcebook with background info for New Frontier, because I don't want to read the novels. It would be nice to have stuff from other novels scattered among other sourcebooks.</font>
    Unfortunately, you probably won't see products like these any time soon. The novels are generally off limits for us.

There has been some discussion about some specific, carefully managed crossovers. You may see a bit of this sort of thing in the future, but you definitiely won't see a *lot* of it.

Christian

I know there's no playtesting available, but what about us freelancers who may want to contribute to the mix (I.E. - I WANNA WRITE THE THOLIANS!!!).

------------------
    We are cloaked, enemy closing on impulse power, range 5,000 kellicams!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by G'ArrysonofReg:
    I know there's no playtesting available, but what about us freelancers who may want to contribute to the mix (I.E. - I WANNA WRITE THE THOLIANS!!!).

</font>

You'll have to fight Ken Hite for the Tholians Trekrpg.net deathmatch, anyone?

Christian

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Christian Moore:

You'll have to fight Ken Hite for the Tholians Trekrpg.net deathmatch, anyone?

Christian
    </font>
    What does Judge Mills Lane's template look like?

------------------
    "I'd rather die standing than live on my knees..."
    Shania Twain

Well, I can but hope Still, I'd love to discuss it, mabe give a bit of a spin on things (just how useful is that energy web as a weapon anyway?)

------------------
    We are cloaked, enemy closing on impulse power, range 5,000 kellicams!

Question

Well here's one I've gotta ask, coming from a Trek MapMaker.

What plans does have Decipher got for decent Trek maps, atleast in the quality of the map from the Romulan Boxed set.

Attention to real stars would be good like the said map did!

Thanks!

------------------
    SIRSIG
    AKA: SirPostalot
    AKA: The MapMaker
    AKA: The Trek Cartographer
    AKA:...Well I could keep going forever

Will the ships introduced in Red Alert, such as the Klingon K'mpec, Tro'qa, Pa'chag, and Kel'var, the Cardassian Aberax and Guran, and the Ferengi Kingal, be used in Decipher Trek? I'm guessing the answer is yes.

Speaking of Red Alert, what is the future of this game or one that is amazingly compatible with RA? Or a brand new one for that matter.....

Bryan Wade

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Cochrane:
    Question number one: Does Red Alert have a future?

Note: I am not an official representative of Decipher, Inc.

Decipher does own the rights for Star Trek disk-based games, as granted by Paramount, however I believe they would have to negotiate with Fantasy Flight Games for the use of the disk mechanic, much like LUG did. So, it would require a willingness on both Decipher and Fantasy Flight Games’ parts. This is all speculation.

RedAlert!, the product published by Wizards/LUG has no future. There could be a future product similar in scope and designed by the same team, however, under the Decipher banner. It would not be the same game (Wizards owns that) and wouldn’t be called RedAlert! either.

I’ll ask.

quote:
    Question number two: If Red Alert has a future, is it with Decipher?

RedAlert! has no future aside from fan support. Wizards can’t support it (they don’t have the Star Trek license anymore). Decipher is the only company that could create a disk-based game, unless they sub-licensed their rights to another company(unlikely) . Now if Wizards were to sell the rights of RedAlert! to Decipher (who has the actual license), under those conditions, RedAlert! could pick up where it left off. The chances of this are so remote that I’m sorry for even raising your hopes by mentioning it.

It’s a fun game that got caught in a really unfortunate situation.