Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The road to Decipher Trek continues...

Thumbs up

Thanks for the clarifications, Christian.

------------------
    Keith
    garrett@trekrpg.net

Cool

Seriously happy now...

Must be patient... I can be patient... I know I can...

------------------
    Slartibart-Jon

[This message has been edited by Imagus (edited 04-27-2001).]

Arrow

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Christian Moore:
    We'll see how the Klingons book does. If you really want to see new Rom and Card books (as I would), tell all your friends to buy the Klingons book

Christian
    </font>
    Well so much for that NOBODYs going to buy a book about Klingons who cares about them.

Seriously, all terrific and am getting more excited as I read. Great to have you stopping in Christian, make a habit of it please.

Arrow

We'll see how the Klingons book does. If you really want to see new Rom and Card books (as I would), tell all your friends to buy the Klingons book

Christian
    </font>
    Well so much for that NOBODYs going to buy a book about Klingons who cares about them.

Seriously, all terrific and am getting more excited as I read. Great to have you stopping in Christian, make a habit of it please.

Talking

Christian,
    You've shed a little more light in my eyes as far as the game mechanics go. At least hopefully i'll be able to use my LUG stuff with little conversion.

On another note, How does one become a playtester for the game?

And as far as waitng for the klingon book to come out, My screen name should indicate how anxious i am...

Thanks for bringing us such great products

Karg, son of Korvel

Wink

No. Remember that Paramount technically owns LUG's "approach" to the Trek universe. For example, our new Decipher Romulan Empire won't look any different than LUG's Romulan Empire.</font>
    This is one of the best news I could ever read. 75% of all my worries have disappeared with this single sentence.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Everything content-related that we produced for Icon Trek - all of the LugTrek "canon," if you will - is owned by Paramount. Any characters [...] created at LUG fall into this category, and their content may be reused [...]</font>
    Wow, this sounds even better. Thanks Christian. Like I said, it was almost all the information I needed.

------------------
    Chakotay: You didn't poison my coffee, did you?
    Janeway: Not any more than I usually do.
    "The Voyager Conspiracy", Voyager

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Karg:
    On another note, How does one become a playtester for the game?</font>
    Playtesters were hand picked and by invitation only. No more are being accepted at this time.

Thanks go to Christian for sounding off on some of the aforementioned questions.

------------------
    Don
    trekrpg@trekrpg.net

I have a strange question that i am not sure if it was addressed already...

Is the new system level-based?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kronok:
    I have a strange question that i am not sure if it was addressed already...

Is the new system level-based?

</font>
    What a horrible thought. Please, say it ain't so ....

------------------
    Captain Daniel Hunter
    CO NCC-73602, U.S.S. Intrepid
    Star Trek: Intrepid

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Don:
    Playtesters were hand picked and by invitation only. No more are being accepted at this time.

</font>
    Oh well, Thanks Don

Wink

Actually, I like level based systems. Like, when there is one, and only one level, and all PCs, NPCs and monsters are at that same level.
    Now, that's levelled, you can't argue with that!

------------------
    Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Men at Arms)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Calcoran:

Actually, I like level based systems. Like, when there is one, and only one level, and all PCs, NPCs and monsters are at that same level.
    Now, that's levelled, you can't argue with that!

</font>
    LOL.

Although I can't imagine AD & D being nearly as much fun if the levels worked that way.

Ah, I am suddenly overcome with flashbacks to necromancers and beholders, and vampires, and liches and all sort of powerful nasties taking great chunks out of my favourite bard

Levels worked OK with the old AD&D, but I wouldn't wanna see them in a Trek RPG. But I think after rereading the announcement, we're safe enough

------------------
    Captain Daniel Hunter
    CO NCC-73602, U.S.S. Intrepid
    Star Trek: Intrepid

Belated thanks a moolah, Christian! That post somehow escaped me until now. It never hurts to suck up to the hand that feeds you. Now a long time ago, I wrote a letter to Inquest in which I asked if the RPG would have info from novels. I'm guessing the response they got for me was Chritian's. It said there might be a "crossover". Has Paramount changed its licensing property so licensed products can use stuff from other licenses? Examples being the USS Jupiter and the Excalibur, which is from New Frontier and was in Red Alert. Thanks for any help.

The Excalibur was in the TV Series. But you're right about the Jupiter. Also on the Simon & Schuster web site you could download Mackenzie Calhoun & crew for the Starship Creator.

If Decipher can put ships and stations from Armada onto their cards, I can't see a reason why they can't include things from the novels in the RPG. I would imagine ot would require agreement between the respective publishers and/or authors. The novels are considered non-canon, so I can't see it being particularly likely though.

------------------
    Greg

"Calm may work for Locutus of Borg here, but I'm freaked and intend to stay that way."
    Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Prophecy Girl.

And don't forget the Calhoun action figure. I thought things might be different becaue Decipher now runs the Communicator and fan club. I pretty much figure it's most likely that we won't see novel information. But Steve got help for Spacedock from people who did reference books for Pocket, but then those people worked on the show.