Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favourite FASA module?

I finally managed to get a copy of the adventure module that included Ghosts of Conscience on eBay a while back. I haven't had an opportunity to run it yet, but I agree that it's a damn fine adventure.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

My favorite FASA product is the 1st edition boxed set which gave you, if I recall correctly:

• rule book
    • starship combat rules
    • deckplans for the Enterprise and Klingon D-7
    • adventure book (featuring the fantastic "Ghosts of Conscience"; remaining adventures were ok as well

You could run a campaign based on TOS with just that set and never need anything else.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

I really liked several of the modules. "The Vanished", and "A Doomsday Like Any Other" are both great. I also liked "Where Has All The Glory Gone", and "The Strider Incident", just to name a couple. If I had to pick a favorite (kind of like picking a favorite arm ) it would be Vanished.
    tmutant

Founder of the Evil Gamemasters Support Group. No, Really.

I have run about four or five different variants of The Vanished (including my current version for the Stargate SG-1 RPG). Although, like Dan, I will always have a soft spot for the old blue book from the FASA 1st Ed. Set.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Oddly, I liked the Romulan sets, and ship recognition manual. Both, though seriously flawed at points, did a great job of fleshing out a Romulan setting that we barely saw. It kinda gave some interesting flavor to use them as a truer adversary and all the intrigues therein.

I still love how, with only two completely divergent ship designs, FASA was able to make a fleshed-out fleet, and take the thinking behind those designs, and apply to Romulan culture.