Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Web Site Development Status

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Someone help me out, "Tags"?
    At the bottom of each page of threads you see now a field named 'Tags'. There you can put some keywords (I think about 5?) that discribe the nature or contents of the thread, so that it is more easily found doing a forum search. That is at least my interpretation.

Edit: OK, it's a bit different. I just clicked the Tags line and it opens up a specific tag based search engine. The thread author seems to be the only one who can add Tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Cut View Post
    At the bottom of each page of threads you see now a field named 'Tags'. There you can put some keywords (I think about 5?) that discribe the nature or contents of the thread, so that it is more easily found doing a forum search. That is at least my interpretation.

Edit: OK, it's a bit different. I just clicked the Tags line and it opens up a specific tag based search engine. The thread author seems to be the only one who can add Tags.
    Click on "Edit Tags" to the right.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Did anyone have difficulty accessing this website yesterday?

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Quote Originally Posted by JALU3 View Post
    Did anyone have difficulty accessing this website yesterday?
    So, I'm not the only one having trouble, yes?
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

I couldn't reach the site yesterday as well.

It was completely down during Friday, and when I got it back up and running, at 2am my time, I was to crashed out to write something and just went to bed. I did some modifications to the database setup during when I upgraded the forums, to avoid that it would happen. Apparently failed. I did a less elegant, but working solution, this time, and it should take a few years until it is any risk for this particular problem to reappear.

It seems that I have found a glitch in the forum.

Yesterday I recieved a notification mail by this forum, letting me know that mactavish had replyed to a thread I had also replyed to. It was the ususal notification email.

Dear Cut,

mactavish has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Madirishman's LUG TOS Blue CS? - in the ICON RP, Systems, & Mechanics forum of TrekRPGNet Forums.
    and so on...
    But this new entry by mactavish doesn't appear on these boards, at least not for me.

Has Mactavish deleted his reply (is that even possible) or what seems to be the matter?

Regards, Cut
    Last edited by Cut; 12-11-2008 at 09:06 AM.

Cut, it does seem that mactavish deleted his post. I believe members have a brief window in which they can delete a post. The exact length of time is something which individual sites using vBulletin can set.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Quote Originally Posted by RaconteurX View Post
    Cut, it does seem that mactavish deleted his post. I believe members have a brief window in which they can delete a post. The exact length of time is something which individual sites using vBulletin can set.
    Ah, I wasn't aware of this. Thanks, RaconteurX.

Edit: There seems to be a 'delete' botton available when you edit the post. Don't know how long it will be there, though!

Yeah, I deleted it.

I didn't read the post carefully and posted the static version rather than the form version of the file sought.

Sorry about that.

mactavish out.
    Our country's past progress has been the result, not of the mass mind applying average intelligence to the problems of the day, but of the brilliance and dedication of wise individuals who applied their wisdom to advance the freedom and the material well-being of all of our people.

-Conscience of a Conservative, Barry Goldwater

I see.

Sorry for bringing it up again!