Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saluting in Star Fleet?

Personally, I'm all in favor of them using a Double Rimmer salute.

Regarding current US military personnel saluting indoors or any other occasion while uncovered, your Marine friend is correct only so much as the Navy and Marines go.

Unless things have changed within the last few years, the Army and Air Force regulations allowed for saluting while indoors and uncovered.

The Navy and Marine Corps do not.

The only time the Air Force salutes indoors uncovered is during a formal reporting-in to a superior officer or examination board. In that case, you enter the room, close the door behind you, march to a spot directly in front of the officer's desk, salute, and say, "Sir/Ma'am, (rank) (name) reporting as ordered." If you have to do that, chances are you're in big trouble, or else you've been nominated for something like NCO of the month and a board wants to compare you to all the other nominees.

Aside from those very rare cases, we don't salute indoors.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Same for the US Army, in regards to what Sarge said.

Also, my Red Dwarf knowledge is some what lacking...What, pray tell, is a "Double Rimmer salute"?
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Watch Red dwarf, just about every episode Rimmer does a over the top salute, and or Lister and or one of the other characters will then mirror him in a mocking context.. it's basically coming in to land with the fingers on the forehead but then going round again for extra flourish
    Ta Muchly