Thread: Has anyone seen this movie ???

Has anyone seen this movie ???

Raumschiff Surprise

According to IMDB the movie was not that cool, but this trailer certainly seems..... weird

And the fact that my German knowledge is barely superior to my Klingon one doesn't help much
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Well that movie has a long history. The man behind it is called Michael "Bully" Herbig and he is a comedian. Besides several movie project he used to have TV show over here in Germany which ran for 7 years ( only ended because one of the three main stars decided to leave ). The show was called "Bully Parade" and was basically just showing sketches. Once series of sketches was a parody of Star Trek ( Mr. Herbig is the one playing "Spock", another one was about Winnetou and Old Shatterhand, western classics oiver here in GErmany ( written by Carl May, I do not know how much they are distributed in other countries ).
    He then decided to make a movie about Winnetou which turned out to be the best domestic movie ever. As a consequence he launched an internet poll so that the fans could decide what should be next made into a movie - they choose the Star Trek parody and hence the movie.

Traumschiff Surprise as it is called correctly ( meaning something like Dreamship surprise, relating to another in my eyes pathetic TV series called "Dreamship" ), is quite an entertaining movie and makes fun of many recent sci-fi movies/ themes. There is Star Wars, Star Trek, X-Files and various others. However there are many puns and language jokes which are probably lost in translation and therefore I do not know if non-germans would find it terribly funny and it is not as good as Bully's western movie "Der Schuh des Manitu" ( the shoe of manitu ) which even was shown in the US - with one copy.
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Okayyy... thanks for the background info, Evan

Guess I'd have to resume my German studies, then
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett