Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Somehow we need to tell people this is open again

Somehow we need to tell people this is open again

The place isn't moving nearly as fast as it used to. I think few know it is back!

True. Maybe a global email is in order? Many people have also moved to the FBR.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek

Actually i think most of those from FBR who are gone return have done so like you and myself. Give it time.
    Draftsmen in Training

Yep, unfortunatelly some people just don't want to return, their reasons are their own, it's sad, but I am sure that it will pick up eventually!
    Ta Muchly

So, what's the current head count for Trek RPG Net active users?
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

To be honest I think part of the issue is the political ban, because people want to talk politics, and they can't do it here. Myfeelings are muxed, but releasing it would probably get more old members back.
    Ta Muchly

I agree Tobian. Heck, just set up a separate forum like the FBR and I think we'd be fine.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

Why not, but there has to be a strong "no flame" policy, with sanctions effective immediately (thread closing, temporary ban, etc.)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek

Some ideas are being discussed by Mangus and the mods. I expect a solution will be ironed out shortly regarding political threads.

There will also be a communication plan to get the word out that the site is available again.

- Don
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

It somehow saddens me if people indeed don't want to come back to a Star Trek forum because they can't talk politics. Personally, I'm fine with the forum just as they are now (I'm just not posting much due to external constraints and temporary lack of time).
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

I never cared much for the ban and I'm the one that started it! Without belaboring the thinking that went behind the idea, I think some of the solutions being tossed about are realistic and a "win/win" for everyone. Mangus will make the decision as how to best proceed for his site.

- Don

(Okay, it felt weird saying that.)
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Well, after a hiatus from this site since the shutdown, I finally decided to check the link one last time before I deleted it from my "favorite places". Low and behold...IT WORKED! And here I am posting.

I never posted much on here before, not because of any particular reason. I just generally found it more appealing to just read. With that said, and in regards to the "ban" on political talk, I agree with the ban. Truth be told, we instituted the same thing over on the Star Wars discussion board at SWRPGNetwork. When people get on a board dedicated to Star Trek or Star Wars, they don't want to read thread after thread of political ranting and the flame wars that such threads degenerate into. Those new people want to read about what they are interested in, which is the main focus of the discussion board (in this case, Star Trek). So coming from the perspective of a person who's had to moderate such things for years, I can understand the ban.

Yes, it's not perfect. No, it doesn't make everyone happy. There ARE other boards out there where political discussion/arguements are acceptable and encouraged. People shouldn't limit themselves to one discussion board, or ostricize a particular board because they can't talk about a particular thing. Use the board for what it is designed, accept the rules, and have fun!

Now I'm off to the boards I moderate to let some of those guys know this site is back up. I know a couple of them frequented here in the past.

Good to see it back!

People shouldn't limit themselves to one discussion board, or ostricize a particular board because they can't talk about a particular thing. Use the board for what it is designed, accept the rules, and have fun!
    It's not that people necessarily want to limit themselves or ostracize a board. Many of us have limited time to browse, or like to spend free time doing things with other people in the real world, rather than spend yet more time staring at screens, and would thus like the convenience of 'one stop shopping.'
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

I think a heavily moderated Politics only thread, as at FBR should be more than adequate, and I agree about the one stop shopping

The Politics threads, like the Ferengi will be Cavaet Emptor - buyer beware
    Ta Muchly

Originally posted by C5

It somehow saddens me if people indeed don't want to come back to a Star Trek forum because they can't talk politics.
    Meh. It's their choice. Ain't shedding no tears for them.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer