Thread: (CODA) Olympic Class Cruiser. Please comment

(CODA) Asguard Class Cruiser. Please comment

Asguard class Cruiser, comissioned 2378, Utopia Planitia, Mars, Sol System, United Federation of Planets.
    Structure: 45
    Size/Decks: 7/30
    L/H/B: 521/130/430
    Complement: 700
    Impulse system: FIG-4 (.9) (D)
    Warp System: LF-50 Mod1 (9/9.5/9.99) (D)
    Phasers: Type X (Saucer 2, Stardrive 2) 6/5/5/0/0 (D)
    Torpedoes: Mk 80DF (Stardrive 2) 5/5/5/5/5 (D)
    Deflector Shields: FSR (E) 17/4
    Atmosphere capable: No
    Cargo Units: 100
    Life Support: Class 4 (E)
    Operations systems: Class 4 (E)
    Sensor Systems: Class 4 (+4/E)
    Separation System: Yes
    Shuttlebay: 3 (Saucer 1a, Stardrive 2a)
    Shuttlecraft: 21 size worth
    Tractor beams: 1FV
    Transporters: 9 standard, 9 emergency, 6 cargo
    Maneuvre Modifiers: +3C, +0H, +2T
    Traits: None

Commissioned following the Dominion war, the Asguard class was designed to replace the near-decimated Galaxy class. The Asguard class is a more luxurious version of the Galaxy class, incorporating several of it's predecessor's systems, along with several which were either upgraded or replaced altogether.

The Asguard class is used to usher in a new era within the federation, one which has recovered from the hardships of war to rise triumphant and continue the missions for which the Galaxy class was renowned for.

--------------------------------------------------

Comments? Criticisms?

All are welcome. This is my second attempt at making a federation starship.

Coming up are my new Cardassian Damar-class cruiser, and a Turilon seed ship (think the alien probe from The Voyage Home)

Vince.
    Last edited by vinush; 10-01-2004 at 05:09 PM.
    Don't fear the unknown
    Revel in it.
    Vinush
    Y2K

Hey vinush, nice beast, I like it However t's very powerful for the succession of Galaxy classes, don't you think? And the Sov is supposed to be the replacement of the Galaxy. Maybe the filiation could be changed...

However, you might wish to rename the class - the Olympic class already exists in canon, it's a medical frigate (seen in TNG All Good Things).

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek

Technically speaking I believe that can be counted as an alternate timeline, especially as Data was there, and he is known to be dead by the end of Nemesis

I also agree though it's quite poweful compared to the Galaxy, though IMHO the galaxy is WAY underrated in the Coda system!
    Ta Muchly

There are another Olympic class attested on screen, apart from this one (the one we all remember). See
    http://www.neutralzone.de/database/indexfr.htm

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek

I am not sure if that one counts, as was it actually seen onscreen? I don't think it was, therefore it could easily have been any shape of ship, but 'called' an Olympic class, though of course been any shape and size, though the implication it is a 'medical' ship by that text. Depends on how geeky you want to be about it

I guess it's up to the deisnger

Perhaps you could call it the 'Mount Olympus Class' ?
    Ta Muchly

I seem to remember a one sheet blueprint for a Next Gen. Galaxy-esque dreadnaught called the Olympic (could've been the Olympus too). Being that the Sovereign is (supposedly) the Galaxy class replacement, the Olympic (Olympus) could still be a dreadnaught in the Next Gen timeline or at least in your Next Gen timeline.

The ship I'm thinking about had a tri-nacelle design and could also spilt ala the Galaxy class. I've already seen the Sovereign design with a third nacelle and separation capabilities.
    Darth Sarcastic

"Shall I goto 'Red Alert' sir? It does mean changing the lightbulb." - Kryten, Red Dwarf

What do you mean by powerful?

Do you mean weapons systems? Becuase if you do, it actually has less armaments than the Galaxy class. If you mean warp drive wise, then that was by dsesign. It's a faster version of the Galaxy.

I always saw the Sovereign as a battle ship. It didn't carry a civilian complement, like the Galaxy class did, and so I designed this class, which I decided to rename, since the existence of the Olympic class has already been pointed out to me.

This class was meant as an exploratory cruiser, rather than a warship.

It's now the Asguard class, and I'll edit the post to rename it as such.

Vince.
    Don't fear the unknown
    Revel in it.
    Vinush
    Y2K

it's pretty much on a par with the Basic Galaxy class model, and slightly behind the uprated one.. for a vessel which is half it's size (certainly volume!) that's very well armed On the flip side to that it's the same as the Intrepid which is tehnically smaller, so I guess I can concede there

I'm also curious about why it has those extra transporters? Any reason? Not a criticism, just curious if you had an idea / purpose for them in mind? Or are they Asguard transporters, designed to beam up armies of Jaffa and goauld motherships ? J/K

I agree with your reasoning on the replacement concept.. Basically since starfleet is moving away from the 'city ship' concept into more smaller (slightly) less functional ships, which are not equipped for ALL scenarios like the Galaxy class was, then it would definatelly have a need for ships to fill the exploration and diplomacy aspect of their work.. All to many of the 'new' ships, while 'ccol' are a little fanboyish, because they are souped up gunboats (wich as the Akira, Steamrunner, Norway and Defiant, not to mention the Sovereign herself) but then by and large they were responses to the very real threats of the Dominion war and of course The Borg!
    Ta Muchly

Well, Asguard motherships don't tend to beam Jaffa up... That would be Goa'uld ships...

But, I gave it so many transporters so they had plenty of transporters in emergency relief situations.

Vince.
    Don't fear the unknown
    Revel in it.
    Vinush
    Y2K

I suggest you watch 'Thor's hammer' and you'll see what I mean

Ok that sounds reasonable, I was just trying to work out why it had so many within the confines of it's remit.
    Ta Muchly