Thread: DecipherTrek (and other) Books?

Question DecipherTrek (and other) Books?

For those "in the know," will there be a motion picture-era sourcebook? While I've never been a fan of TOS Trek, I must admit a certain enjoyment of the whole Captain Sulu Adventures concept for an RPG Series.

I guess that I can simply use the Star Trek Role Playing Game core book and fudge the rest, but I guess I'm just interested specifically in the films rather than the original television series.

I was also hoping that we might see an exploration handbook ala To Boldly Go (or something along those lines).

I know there's also been mention of a Klingon book, a Cardassian book, and a whole mess of other stuff... yeah, whatever. I'm sure whatever the Decipher puts out will be top notch.

Oh, yeah, and I'm really hot for the upcoming LOtR RPG, too, Steve. Any ideas when (if) we'll get a sneak peak?

mactavish out

I'm with mac on this one...I love the Movie period, but am pretty unenthusiastic about TOS. We just use the TOS rules and a lot of the FASA and other published stuff from the ovie period as background stuff.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Oh, yeah, and I'm really hot for the upcoming LOtR RPG, too, Steve. Any ideas when (if) we'll get a sneak peak? </font>
    Well, that's up to the Powers That Be, I'm afraid. I'm not sure what they have planned in the way of publicity.

However, I can tell you that I'm just finishing up the outline for distribution to the writers. The outline itself is 17,000 words long, or over 10% the planned length of the book. I want this book to be perfect, so I'm being veeeerrrry detailed.

Steve Long