Cloaking Device: Class 3 (rating 20)
    Life Support: Class 3 (D)
    Operations: Class 3 (D)
    Sensor System: Class 4
    Separation System: None
    Shuttlebay: 1 ad
    Shuttlecraft: 7 size worth
    Tractor Beams: 1AD, FV
    Transporters: 6 standard, 6 emergency (combat)

MISCELLANOUS DATA
    Maneuver Modifiers: +1C, +0H, +3T
    Traits: Battle Tested, ablative armor

MISSION
    The E7 ‘Devastator’ Class Battlecruiser was the first of the newer ‘Echo’ Class noted by Starfleet Intelligence near the end of the Dominion War. An obvious upgrade to the previous D7/K’Tinga Classes, the E7 incorporates modern 24th century design techniques into the previous robust frame. The vessels previous long range patrol and strike capacity have been significantly enhanced by improved warp and impulse systems that have been added, as well as improved munitions make the ship more than a match for most Alpha Quadrant ships of it’s class.

FEATURES
    Newly redesigned, with a somewhat flatter profile than it’s previous incarnations, the E7’s lineage is still evident in its bulbous command section and now somewhat wider slung S-10 Graf Unit nacelles. As normal to H’joQ military philosophy, the ship is spartan by design and easily repairable, and much like it’s previous incarnations, a mass of weapons surrounded by a starship.

The H’joQ placed primary importance on the redesign of the primary hull of the ship to correct what they saw to be several glaring weaknesses in the design. Firstly, the long central spar “neck” of the cruiser has been significantly reinforced so as not to provide such and easy target for enemy vessels, secondly, the previously low-slung nacelles have been retracted somewhat alongside the main part of the secondary hull, to provide better warp dynamic flow and as not to make them as vulnerable to being sheared off in battle.

Once that was completed, the H’JoQ concentrated on updating and upgrading the ships decidedly lacking weapons package. After a brief assessment of the proposed upgrade, it was decided to completely overhaul the ships power and engine systems to power the newer and far more destructive weapons systems. Once that was completed, the ships disrupter count was doubled and newer multi-munitions launchers were added to give the ship more flexibility in tactics and destructive capacity. On top of this, the newer engine cores and impulse systems gave the class a significant speed increase in warp and sublight maneuvering, much to the pain of more than one opponent who found out to late just what the new vessel was capable of.

Of notable popularity with Klingon crews was the improved damage control capacity of the ship and more significantly, was inclusion of ablative armor similar to what had been incorporated into the Defiant class of warship. Significantly increasing the ships survivability and staying power in battle.

BACKGROUND

The E7 and other ships fo the Echo series grew out of the recognition by the H'joQ and memebers of the High Council and KDF high command that the Klingon Fleet, which solid and servicable, was becoming outdated comapred to newer galactic powers that were rising in the Alpha Quadrant, such as the Cardassian Union.

The H'joQ, always forward thinking, has been designing, at least on paper, several new classes to replace the venerable B'rel, K'Vort, and K'tinga classes. The E-7 has been drafted to replace the K'Tinga as a medium range cruiser that would be readily recongnisable to warriors in terms of layout and repair, yet modernized and updated to the current era in terms of weapons, sheilds, propulsion, and cloaking technology.

The class made it's debut during the third battle of Chin'Toka, along with the grand fleet of House H'joQ, which proved to be an immenesly painful surprise for the Dominion as the ships newer disruptors and variable munitions packages of photons, quantum, and pulse wave torpedos made shortwork of many ships of the Dominion, Breen and Cardassian fleets.

The ability to "punch above it's weight", plus vastly improved warp and impulse speeds, and improved sensors have made this class immesly popular with various Klingon Houses and Chancellor Martok and the Emperor have given the H'joQ accolades in creating a new tool of Klingon policy and power projection.
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Feel free to comment...since this is the only copy at the moment....grr
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

I like the background. Seems reasonable to upgrade the Klingon arsenals. Those re-used graphics ships are getting a little long in the tooth. It's both familiar, and different. New, based on the old.

No comment on the stats, since I don't do Coda.

Neat. Me like.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Blake
    I like the background. Seems reasonable to upgrade the Klingon arsenals. Those re-used graphics ships are getting a little long in the tooth. It's both familiar, and different. New, based on the old.

No comment on the stats, since I don't do Coda.

Neat. Me like.

Alex
    I pretty much have to agree with Captain Blake. I do like the background write-up but cannot comment on the stats due to the fact that I have not integrated CODA material into my LUG campaign to date.

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."