Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Newest Trekkie

The Newest Trekkie

Thanks for the birthday wishes everybody.

Sorry I haven't been around for a while, but I've been hugely busy.

I am the principal of an elementary school in the "thumb" area of Michigan now, so I've been living out of the high-speed Internet area for some time. I'm back home now (temporarily), but for a whole different reason.

My daughter - Laurel - was born on the 9th (the day before my b-day). She was three weeks early, but is doing fine and looks wonderful.

She was 5 lbs. 7 oz. and 18.5 inches long. No hair, so she looks a bit like Winston Churchill [her mother hates when I say that!]. Other than that, she's perfect.

I'll try to get in here more often now that I'll have <b>so much extra time on my hands</b> (ha ha ha).

mactavish out.
    Our country's past progress has been the result, not of the mass mind applying average intelligence to the problems of the day, but of the brilliance and dedication of wise individuals who applied their wisdom to advance the freedom and the material well-being of all of our people.

-Conscience of a Conservative, Barry Goldwater

Almost all newborn babies look like Winston Churchill.

Congratulations for the new mactavish family member! And congrats for your principal position, too.
    Insurance is like marriage. You pay and pay but you never get anything back. - Al Bundy

Congratulations, mac! Welcome to the world of parenthood...
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Thumbs up

Woo hoo! Congrats on the blessed event (or completely secular, if you prefer).
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Congratulations and I wish you much sleep
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Congratumications.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Congratulations, now the hard part begins (you'll love every minute of it)
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Thumbs up

Congrats.

Just to remind you, she doesn't come with a user manual.

And if you think potty-training is hard, wait until she hit puberty. On the green side, you get a kick out of intimidating, even mentally torturing every boys she [tries to] bring home.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Awsome to hear Mactavish, I hope she keeps well and happy!

Did you actually notice the site went off air ?
    Ta Muchly

Honestly, no. I've been so busy with work and family that my Internet activity had dwindled to nothing.

So I understand Don Mappin has bailed on this great experiment. Whose site is this now?

mactavish out.
    Our country's past progress has been the result, not of the mass mind applying average intelligence to the problems of the day, but of the brilliance and dedication of wise individuals who applied their wisdom to advance the freedom and the material well-being of all of our people.

Arrow

Originally posted by mactavish

So I understand Don Mappin has bailed on this great experiment. Whose site is this now?
    Assuming you mean that in the nicest way, Magnus Lundgren (Cpt. Lundgren) is the new management. He resurrected the site and messageboard a few days after it was officially shut down.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Smile

No, no... I wasn't being mean or nasty. Don was (and will always be) "the Man."

I was just wondering who was the new management.

mactavish out.

Hey Mac! Congrats on the new addition to the family!

I suppose your wife was a little lucky with the size of your newborn Winston. My niece had a baby last year, came out at 13 pounds! Yowza. I keep making jokes with her husband now about strapping a board to his back. I'm so bad.

It's good to see ya back around Mac, however briefly.

LQ
    Drunken DM and the Speak with Dead spell: "No, I'm not the limed-over skeleton of the abbot, and no this special key in my boney fingers does not open the door to the secret treasury! ... Oh crap."

Congrats!

Alex

Yay!

Remember it is never to early to begin geek-indoctrination. I was rather proud when my toddler announced "Want to watch Star Wars". (However, I wish it wasn't midnight when she declared that).
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel