Thread: Starship Quick Sheet (CODA)

Starship Quick Sheet (CODA)

When you're GM making up several full page 'Ship profiles' can be about as much fun as grating your thumbs, and then once you've spent ages making them up, carefully crafting them and making them look nice.. you end up scribling all over them as you run through your game

Sometimes all you need is a neat set of notes on your ships shields, structure, weapons and damage tracks all laid out so you can see it all in one place, so that's what I made up. I've managed to squeeze 4 of them on a page of A4, and included a tiny notes section, and boxes to fill in your crew's bonuses (I.e. System Operation (Tactical) + Tactical manouver modifier + 2D6) to save you the time on constantly looking them up across NPC stats sheets... So you can have a small fleet of vessels on one sheet

Basically you don't need to know it has a Class 3 A shield modulator.. you just need to know it's reliability and how many hits it can take before it goes down in combat

Any suggestions on what I might want to add / remove to them are welcome. I'm thinking on how to include Double letter reliabilites (DD etc) possibly by just putting diagonals on the boxes?

Anyway, hope you find them useful, and I will work on making them a little more decorative, but I just made them a nice clear simple font and light colours for legibility for now.. They looked a little screwy on my screen in acrobat, but I think that's just because of the way Word has output it's vectors.. i'll have to do a version up in Illistrator..
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ta Muchly

Great work, Tobian, but if I may make one observation: "manoeuvres" should be spelled "maneuvers."
    Uruz - Alexander Skrabut - uruzrune@gmail.com

it's the way my English spellchecker likes to spell it: it doesn't seem to like the American English version

To be honest both versions look wrong to me, but then that's what a spell checker is for I'm going to check it out in our BIG oxford English dictionary tonight, as I am not sure if it's two slightly seperate words or if it is the same word spelled differently in the two languages.
    Ta Muchly

I just LOVE it! This is wonderful work! Just what I needed!

Maybe it would be handy to have somewhere the damage tracks with effects... The screen doesn't have them, and that's a pity

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek

Ok here's a slightly fixed and smaller version (and boy did it take lots of fiddling to clean up the mess of a file Word made!)

I'm not sure there's a feasible way to track the damage on the ships..

What I'm probably going to do is just make myself up a 'cheat sheet' of the combat sequence, including all of the damage effects, and do one for Spacedock tracks too, it's just I won't have time to do it before Sundays game, which is why i did it
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ta Muchly

A cheat sheet, yeah, that's what I wanted to mean

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek

Well right now I more or less use a text-scanned version of the 'how to do starship combat' page in the core rulebook So untill I can retranspose that I can't publish it 'as is' as I could be slapped on the wrists for Copyright violation

Well I just playtested the sheets yesterday and they worked pretty well, including managing my 2 fleets of Orions and klingon ships having a slapping contest

I'm probably going to try and make a streamlined 'how to do starship combat' sheet, including instructions on how to format the sheets
    Ta Muchly

Tobian

Thanks for your record sheets, they're super useful. If you get round to doing the "How To Do Starship Combat" sheet then put me down for a copy as well. I'm working on something similar myself.

Regards

Renny

Thanks and noted.. I'll probably upload it here.. I'll just have to get myself organised to get it done before the end of the week.. or else my adventure will be over and it'll drift into malaise as i don't run the game very often
    Ta Muchly

That would be cool. I appreciate your efforts.

Regards

Renny