Thread: Game Props

Game Props

Ok I was busy this week making up a couple of props for my (current) game for the next few weeks. Anyway, I thought I'd share them, as I was pretty chuffed with the results (of course I keep going.. ack.. if I just tweaked that a little...... and I'll be up till 4 am in the morning again like I was last night )

Anyway the two props I made are a fun little diagram to show the players the scale of the wreckage that hit them when they weren't looking (hehe) and a City map I used later in the adventure (which took me quite a while I can tell ya!)

let me know if they're any use to you
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ta Muchly

Wow, those are really well done.
    Uruz - Alexander Skrabut - uruzrune@gmail.com

Thanks

I'll have to see if I can think up any more to make before my game session ends, I might well make up the security centre or I'm toying with the idea of making the spaceport
    Ta Muchly

They look pretty neat, but would a planetary population of only 600 have any settlements that merit the name "city"? They appeared to all live in one small town, and we know how many there were on the entire planet from the dialogue.

Ahh I should have explained, that is Baku Prime - aka their original homeworld (Just what I named it with no canon source), with a population of Billions. In my adventure the players get sucked into the past to 2097 to see what happened to the Baku as a people (and it's not very nice ! Kaboom!)

The indication in the film was they were highly technologically advanced, and since the 'elders' of the Village hadn't so much as used a piece of technology in 300 years I took the assumption they were quite advanced as a people. The ship fragment they hit was one of the Baku ships, not a Sona one, it's just the Computer recognises it as Sona, because if you think about it the ships they used, or at least one of them, must have been Baku... They must have arrived on a ship, and left on the same one, cause as you say a population of 300 arts and crafts people aren't going to be able to build a kilometer long spaceship! No doubt once they conquored the Tarlac and Ellora they will no doubt have uprated their ndustrial economies to build more ships etc. The indication in the film was that the Sona were technologically advanced, yet they were very few in number (most likelly less than 300 in number - less than half a dozen were seen) so to me this says that they must have inherited most of their advanced technology, rather than just invent it all (The Tarlac and Ellora were stated to being primative).

My Story centres around whatever happened to the Baku, their original species.
    Ta Muchly

Ok here's another one I've been working on.. a blow up of the security centre.. it could use a few tweaks but it's looking pretty good. I've just been playing round with the 3D plugin in Illustrator and it's making some pretty cool effects.

[ edit ] added a slight update and fixed a slight cropping problem [ /edit ]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Tobian; 10-28-2004 at 05:30 PM.
    Ta Muchly

Very very cool m'man...

I look forward to playing with the same wonderful toys one day, and sincerely hope to produce as good as this

(nice layout too)
    "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Thanks Publis.. Like all of my layouts it mostly involved fiddling on with it untill I decided to give up Might tweak it some more, add a couple more details.. I've tried to make these printer firendly as possible, to save on ink.. though the colours (as per usual) have come out a little wierd on Acrobat, compared to Illustrator (they are mostly darker) Guess I need to fiddle with my colour settings!

If anyone needs these altering for their games, I should be able too, as long as it's minimal!
    Ta Muchly

Wow! I'm impressed. These are suh-weeeet!

Nice one!

Crow

Thanks allot Scarecrow, I've seen some of the stuff you do and that means allot

I was very tempted, when i started all of this, to run the whole thing through Lightwave and run an ambient occlusion pass on them (bah if only you could do it on vectors! ) for that added touch of quality and realism. But then I was running out of time.. Still it could be fun to try doing those...
    Ta Muchly

Tobian: very nice work over there. Thanks, because we are using these ourselves in home made PADDs for missions sometime in the future. Very nice work.
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

Great, glad you got some use out of them!

Let me know if you need custom versions of them because unless you are running a similar (wierd) game to me you may need some of the wording changed to be either context neutral or to reflect your game.. As Owen said there are only 300 or so baku that we know of in the Briar patch.. and they left their homeworld 300 years ago, around the time of the flight of the Phoenix!
    Ta Muchly

Added a slightly improved version.. see above.. ok so you guys might not notice the difference, but I know it's changed
    Ta Muchly

5% of the population of Baku Prime's capital is THOLIAN???? could you please explain that? i thought tholians couldn't live in class M planets...

It's a complex story revolving round the plot, however the reason because they can survive happily in an M class environment is answered in the Aliens suplement.. they have access to an encounter suit based technology, which contains them when outside their envoronment.. besides I never said where they were within the city
    Ta Muchly