Thread: Picard's Vest

Picard's Vest

I have seen it referred to as a officer's vest, commander's vest etc.

Anyone have good poop on this, or just their interpretation and if they let their PC's use them?
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

Please cite example where you've seen said "vest." If it's what I think you're referring to, it's just the undervest to the DS9/First Contact+ uniforms.
    Uruz - Alexander Skrabut - uruzrune@gmail.com

its just the uniform vest that you seem Picard wear a number of times... Surely they don't wear that under their uniform all the time.
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

I remember also that Sisko wore one in an episode of DS9. And in that episode (which I cannot quite remember for sure) I think he took his Jacket off to reveal the vest underneath.

I would say that it is an acceptable optional uniform top, worn with or without the jacket.

Maybe the multiple layers begin to explain 'Commanders Girth'? Or is that all the replicated food and drink and site-to-site transporters?
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Ahhh I await the day where I can say "Transporter, Energize" and arrive at the gameing session without driving!
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

Actually, Sisko wore it a lot, Picard only once or twice, assuming you mean this one:

<center></center>

This is, as has been stated, just a waistcoat (to use the British term) worn under the tunic. Whether or not it's worn under the tunic at all times would depend on what variantions are allowed by regulations, as modified by ship's (or station's) standing orders.

I assume that it is only with the later model uniforms as well...

Anyone use them in their games? We have after all only seen the commanding officers make use of them, but that may just be TV Moments.
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

IIRC, we also saw Luthor Sloan wear this on DS9.

My thoughts:
    Casual Duty Uniform: The times we have seen it people are doing padd-work, drinking Earl Gray or coffee, in some sort of office like area. All very casually.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"