3 14.29%

7 33.33%

8 38.10%

2 9.52%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate ST:Ent Borderland

Rate ST:Ent Borderland

Borderland
    After a dangerous group of genetically engineered humans called "Augments" escapes from their secluded planet intent on causing all-out war between Earth and the Klingons, the Enterprise crew is called into action and Archer enlists the help of criminal genius Dr. Arik Soong, the scientist responsible for creating the Augments.

While searching for the Augments in the Borderland — the volatile region between the Klingon Empire and the Orion Syndicate — Enterprise crosses paths with a band of ruthless Orion slave traders, who kidnap T'Pol and eight other crew members off the ship so they can be sold at auction, forcing Archer to enact a risky rescue mission with Dr. Soong's help.

For a Full Sumary at Trek Nation go here
    Last edited by Eric R.; 12-15-2004 at 03:39 PM. Reason: New Content
    Draftsmen in Training

Wow! I think the changing of the guard has done some good. This was a great start and had a genuine Original Series feel.
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

as well as of DS9, The Best of Both Worlds!

I was pleased (as well as Bouncy) to see, that despite a story on Trek nation yesterday this did not move the Eugenics Wars forward closer to Enterprise but instead kept them in the 90's were they belong, even if I don't like them being there.

Brent Spiner was GREAT he has successfully made another Soong character.
    Draftsmen in Training

Annoying plot hole: Archer going down alone with Soong. At least one security guy should be with him. Other thant that, pretty impressive treatment of the Augments and the Orions.

Gave it an 8 -- there's room for improvement, but I like what I'm seeing.
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    <div align="center"><center><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#000080"><tr><td><center><br><font face=verdana><font color="#000080"><font size="2">I am</font><br><font size=8><font face=symbol>p</font></font><br><br><font size=2>Everyone loves pi</font></font><br><font color="#FFFFFF">_</font></font></td></tr></table></center></div><br><center><font face=verdana><font size=2><a href="http://www.geocities.com/eyecanspy/numberquiz">what number are you?</a></font><font size=1><br><br>this quiz by <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/orsa">orsa</a></font></font></center>

Thumbs up

Heck yeah! I was afraid Spiner might overdo it, but I think he was great without between mustache-twirling. I can't wait to see more of this. Two things of note:

1) A visual moment that really appealed to me was when the Klingon BoP was docked with the Enterprise. Couldn't tell you why, I just liked it.

2) Watching T'pol hoisted up and displayed in the market was really bizarre! Something about her passive manner just made it that way.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

Oh, something else to like -- Commander T'pol, with rank and insignia complete (although I'm not clear on why she wouldn't wear a Starfleet jumpsuit (leaving out our real-world reasons, nudge nudge wink wink).
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

Judging the success of these threads, I'd say either Trek RPG Net hasn't recovered it's former level of activity, or Enterprise isn't getting that much audience, or both...
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    <div align="center"><center><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#000080"><tr><td><center><br><font face=verdana><font color="#000080"><font size="2">I am</font><br><font size=8><font face=symbol>p</font></font><br><br><font size=2>Everyone loves pi</font></font><br><font color="#FFFFFF">_</font></font></td></tr></table></center></div><br><center><font face=verdana><font size=2><a href="http://www.geocities.com/eyecanspy/numberquiz">what number are you?</a></font><font size=1><br><br>this quiz by <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/orsa">orsa</a></font></font></center>

I thoroughly enjoyed it, but only gave it an 8 as a gesture towards "I'll wait and see if it holds out".

I know it doesn't make sense, but there you go...
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Originally posted by Doug Burke
    I thoroughly enjoyed it, but only gave it an 8 as a gesture towards "I'll wait and see if it holds out".

I know it doesn't make sense, but there you go...
    OMG!!! Doug actually watched an episode of Enterprise and liked it!! Just playing with ya Next thing you'll know, Don will start watching it
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

I've actually liked several. But haven't been able to watch it until this season because I game on Wednesdays...

As for Don, well, that may take a lot more than a schedule change...
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Finally after 3 Series of complete being ignored, we get our good old Orions back. They even get sleek, all new Raiders ( “Orion Interceptors”) and they even get to shoot at the Akiraprise, should just love had to Love the Episode for that alone.

A solid effort, well worth watching. I'm growing more hopeful that the series is finally improving to the point that Don might watch it.
    tmutant

Founder of the Evil Gamemasters Support Group. No, Really.

By the way, why is this poll closed? I wanted to vote too!

Would have given it a 7 ... or an 8 maybe. Overall, I rather liked it ... apart from an overly emotional T'Pol (in my opinion) ... and the Enterprise getting its butt kicked once again .

Loved the Orion slave though .
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

I decided to start to put a time limit in an effort to get more peole to respond to the poll and have it all closed up at the time the new one starts up.
    Draftsmen in Training

Well you should probably tell people that you're going to do that! and erm.. not everyone lives in the US you know! I won't see this episode for months yet!
    Ta Muchly