Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious does have a Lightsabre!

Delivery room scene, no. But acknowledgement of how they ended up hiding on Tattoie and Alderain would be nice. Also what becomes of Amadala, is she killed, hiding some place else, standing by Vader's side as the Republic falls around her. Knowing my luck none of this will be addressed in the movie.

Sidious/Palpatine = Master (all that secret ID stuff)
    Vader/Anikin = Apprentice
    And then there's Count Dooku, I'm Uncertian where he falls in to the grand order of the Sith, ally, lacky, compensated endorser . I don't remember him having a Darth >insert name< title in the last movie, but I could be wrong.

Also does the thought of hundreds of 'upset' Wookies frighten anyone else here?
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Talking

Originally posted by Phoenix

Also does the thought of hundreds of 'upset' Wookies frighten anyone else here?
    Nah, not after you've been smothered and groped by a hundred hungry tribbles.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Originally posted by REG
    Nah, not after you've been smothered and groped by a hundred hungry tribbles.
    Eeu...
    Phoenix...

but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

Please no one embrace the subject of 'Wookie love' as it belongs on a whole different type of forum

Well in the words of Yoda, "There are always two, master and apprentice"... and I only recall ever seeing 2 in 4,5,6 (OK you don't always see the emperor but then by this he is 'still' the master, because he can't be unmade as the master can he! ) - so really something very nasty has to happen to Dooku. I think that Dooku was/is only so useful as a motivator and public face for the Emperor, and a rallying figure for the seperatist rebelion, but of course by definition he has to die if the Republic is to 'win' which of course is all still an illusion, as it's just being transformed in to the empire
    Ta Muchly

Talking

Originally posted by Tobian

Please no one embrace the subject of 'Wookie love' as it belongs on a whole different type of forum
    Isn't that the song sung by Donny Osmond?

"And they call it Wookiee love..."

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Nope, but I think there was one by Limp Bizkit...

"I did it all for the Wookie!
    The Wookie!
    The Wookie!"

Hugh Casey
    My Online Journal

"Oh, bother," said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh."

Talking

Nope, never heard of that rap, but I know of Beastie Boys':

"Brass Wookiee!
    Brass Wookiee, Wookiee!
    Brass Wookiee, Wookiee!
    Brass Wookiee, Wookiee!..."

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

In a meager attempt to bring this back to some form of sanity -
    Wookies tear human arms from their sockets when their losing at chess. If your going into active hostilities against them, "whoa be tide" the poor son-of-a-b**** that ends up in melee with them.

As far as the Sith vs. Jedi-
    Phoenix...

Talking

If your going into active hostilities against them, "whoa be tide" the poor son-of-a-b**** that ends up in melee with them.
    The same could be said of engaging sexual activity with one of them.

As far as the Sith vs. Jedi-
    Nope. Not gonna happen. Although there may be a legend of a Sith Lord in love with a Jedi Consular.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Saw the teaser on the big screen... looks extremely fun.

But "The Incredibles" were... well... friggin' incredible!

You are now returned to your regularly scheduled thread.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

And then there's Count Dooku, I'm Uncertian where he falls in to the grand order of the Sith, ally, lacky, compensated endorser . I don't remember him having a Darth >insert name< title in the last movie, but I could be wrong.

He Does, At the end of Attack of the Clones, Sidious calls Count Dooku "Lord Tyranuss"

To sum up:

TPM: We have Darth Sidious and Darth Maul. Darth Maul was killed.

AOTC: We have Darth Sidious and Lord [Darth] Tyranus. Many years passed and Anakin grew up, Palpatine recruited Count Dooku to fill the space left by Maul.

ROTS: Darth Sidious and Darth Vader. Dooku have to die before Anakin can take his place in order to conform the "two Sith Lords" limit.

So where does Grievous fit? (From the Clone War cartoon, may make an appearance in ROTS).

Also, if Luke had joined his father and the Emperor in ROTJ, he can't be a Sith Lord until one of the other is dead, right? Or would Palpatine break that tradition, make him the third Sith Lord?

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

That's a question I guess that will never be answered because Luke didn't turn

I suspect he'd have 3, but I think also that palpatine also probably intended to have Luke and Vader bitch fight each other.. If Vader won, then he had removed the largest threat to his reign, since he disbanded the Jedi counsil... and if luke had won, the nature of his actions would have meant he'd have turned to the Dark side, hence replacing Vader in a snap!

In the same sense I suspect he also knew maul was going to die (he has Jedi powers after all!) and had probably been courting Dooku for some time, grooming him to step right in when the time was right.

Obviously some time in the past (I'm sure those of you who'd read all the EU stuff will know?) there were many more Sith, and they were all but wiped out.. why there can be only two I have no idea, but I suspect it was always a 'keep it under the Jedi radar' thing, and with the last Jedi potentially finally going, there would have been nothing to stop Sidious from building back up the Sith.. Of course he may well have prefered there to be no more Sith.. no more rivals!
    Ta Muchly

Originally posted by REG
    To sum up:

<SNIPPED>

So where does Grievous fit? (From the Clone War cartoon, may make an appearance in ROTS).

Also, if Luke had joined his father and the Emperor in ROTJ, he can't be a Sith Lord until one of the other is dead, right? Or would Palpatine break that tradition, make him the third Sith Lord?
    General Grievous isn't a Sith lord.....he's just a cyborg warrior who takes lightsabres as trophies of the Jedi he has slain.

It was Darth Vader's intention to kill Palpatine and become Emperor himself with Luke by his side.
    Old Age And Treachery Will Triumph Over Youth And Skill

I t probably was Vaders intention, but then palpatine was a damn powerful Sith! (it strikes me that had he been a character in a WEG Starwars he'd have laughed his ass of as he levitated above the void in the throne room and threw lightning bolts at Vader untill he was dead ) It's not really clear how old he was, but it seeme dlike the Sith don't have an uber lifetime like Jedi, as while palpatine was old.. he wasn't that old.. and he certainly wasn't gowing old gracefully!
    Ta Muchly