Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Name that. . .Ship?

I guess I'm Un-Canadian: No Beer, No Hockey, No Paul Martin!

The only ship I remember for John Paul Jones was the 'Bonhomme Richard'. The one he was on against the 'Serapis' where he said "I have not yet began to fight" although his ship was sinking.

My FASATrek campaign used the USS Richtofen, a Larson class destroyer.

My LUGTrek campaign has been a lower-decks series based aboard the USS Endeavor.

Based on the PC's promotions and some exellent 3-D artwork I recently ran across at SCI-FI Art, the PCs will be transfering to USS Pathfinder, NCC-82135... a Nova class light surveyor.

Between transfering PCs and new player/ PCs there are going to be two science officers... so their specialties will determine the ship's mission (astronomical, planetary survey, cultural survey, etc) and what sort of labs it is outfitted with.

I'm going with a torpedo-less version, leaving the phaser types the same, but giving them a good phaser targeting computer.

The PCs will make up most of the "senior" staff... if you can say that a ship commander by a Commander (NPC), with a LCDR as XO, and Lieutenants (SG) as department heads HAS a "senior staff".

------------------
    "I'd rather die standing than live on my knees..."
    Shania Twain

[This message has been edited by calguard66 (edited 05-16-2001).]

Back in Fasa days we had two ships

the first was the USS Arkadelphia, a Loknar class frigate, great little ship

afterwards the characters got promoted and got a Reliant class ship, after a couple episodes they got their impulse engine blown off, and the engineer pulled strings and got them signed up to use the same type Impulse as an Exselsior class, as part of the testing program, BIG mistake on my part

they went looking for a fight, and since I hadnt paid attention when I did up the ships stats they could raise all shields to full , charge all phasers & photons fully and still have plenty of manuvering power
    DOH!
    I felt stupid, but I didnt have to hold back any more :-)
    Dave

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sarge:
    Sadly, after last week's game, all that's left of the old Ambassador class USS Santa Maria is the saucer section. The engineering section was remotely piloted on a collision course and rammed a Romulan warbird.

</font>
    Speaking as someone who is thinking about running a Romulan based game...Does your crew have something against Romulans? Hmmm? I want the name and number of the officer, or officers, that have been spreading foul rumours, slurrs and apparently driving parts of their starships into our Warbirds!

Why fore you go round blowing up Warbirds?

Please join the "Save the Warbird" Association.

In the Praetors Name!

In the '80's, I GM'd a campaign set on the Constitution-Class USS Lexington, NCC-1708 - assigned to the Tholian Border.
    I then gamed as the Captain of USS Bristol, NCC-1975, a Northampton-Class Frigate on the Klingon Border.

LUG Trek - Ran a campaign on board USS Bunker Hill, a Constellation-Class ship - "The Truth Is Out There"

------------------
    We are cloaked, enemy closing on impulse power, range 5,000 kellicams!

Bonaventure will be NCC-70638, the second Galaxy class contract, and the only one modified into a Nebula class. That way I can use the Nebula pod mission adaptation system, and most of Rick Sternbach's deck plans for the Galaxy class.

Phantom, I'll answer your questions as soon as you tell me what a Warbird and a Scoutship and a modular shipyard were doing in the Sargasso Nebula, which is a week at high warp into the Federation from the Neutral Zone. And don't tell me they were renegades and you had no idea where they had gotten to; I'm getting sick and tired of that old story. :P

------------------

&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

LUGTrek isn't really dead. Not as long as we remember it.

Gee Sarge...Uh, I'll have to get back to you on that. (sound of running feet and a door slamming)

Talking

The ships from my campaigns as a Narrator were:

USS Shiva, NCC-62589 (Nebula Class, 2365-2375), go here for the plaque.
    USS ShirKahr, NCC-26385 (Ambassador Class. During the end of 2340s)

But I played in several more ships. USS Kalarast, USS Southern Cross, USS Conqueror (Sovereign), USS Huru (Centaur), USS Cheron (New Orleans), USS Furtive and USS Salvo (both Furtive class). I may forget a couple.

------------------
    Chakotay: You didn't poison my coffee, did you?
    Janeway: Not any more than I usually do.
    "The Voyager Conspiracy", Voyager

Who or what is this Shirkhar? I've seem the name in other LUG TNG books.

Shir Kar is the Capital City on Vulcan. Spock and Sarek Maintained homes there

There is also a canon ship of that name from DS9.

------------------
    SIRSIG
    AKA: SirPostalot
    AKA: The MapMaker
    AKA: The Trek Cartographer
    AKA:...Well I could keep going forever

Hey, well, I've been playing since before I think even Fasa Trek was available, but over the years have played on or ran for:

USS Potempkin, and USS Hornet, both old Constitutions,

USS Valhalla, refit Constitution class,
    And, in the backgroundsof those characters were the Miranda-class Asimov, a Fasa-destroyer class _Fletcher,_ the Chandley class frigates _Big Sky_ and _Franklin's Tower,_ the old Constitution-class Farragut II, and doubtless a few others.

The freighter _Stella Blue,_ (which had her own spinoff campaign)

The Liberty-class (refit as a Q-ship) _Cutty Sark_

There was a game set on the refit Constitution-class _USS Covenant,_ the Excelsior- class USS Arcadia,
    and
    In next gen, there's been the Ambassador-class _Atlanta_, a Galaxy-class Covenant, if I recall correctly, one set on the (Galaxy?) class _Viceroy_

A Galaxy-Class _Horizon,_

and, most recently, one set on the Intrepid-class USS Lodestone, which oddly enough brings the first Star Trek plot I ever ran on _Hornet_to a sort of full-circle: the ship's on a mission through Gorn space to 1> try to enlist the Gorn into the war, and 2> contact the friendly-but isolated An'tar; who have an incredible star-fighter technology that could help Federation carriers meet the threat of the Jem'hadar fighters.

I may set my next game an Akira-class and focus on a fighter squadron using this An'tar technology; possibly using a traditional carrier name like Ark Royal, Kitty Hawk, Eisenhower, or Midway. Or, maybe, even, NCC 1714-G, _USS Hornet_ }