Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enterprise Pulse Phasers?

Enterprise Pulse Phasers?

During the battle in Nemisis it appears that the Enterprise is fireing pulse phasers from the bottom of the secondary hull. Has anyone thought about incorporating that into the design?
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

NO ONE has a comment on this one?!?!?!?
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

Sorry. Haven't watched it and have no interest in doing so...
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

I don't recall any pulse phasers on the E-E, normal phasers, quantum torpedoes, and photon torpedoes.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Ummmm wow... Ok... Not exactly what I was looking for...
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

Me too when I first saw the scene in theaters I was "what was that ?!?!" and I too thought they were some kind of pulse phasers. But then when I later watched the DVD the dialogue says unequivocally that they are photon (not quantum) torpedoes. Very baddly done CGI torpedoes
    "No captain kicked ass, took names, outsmarted the machines, and then scored the babes like the Kirkmeister" -Liquidator Queeg

Ahhh ok so it has two bow launchers - perhaps it can seperate then... One on the secondary and one on the primary hulls. Thanks.
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

Originally posted by Commander Ramey
    Ahhh ok so it has two bow launchers - perhaps it can seperate then... One on the secondary and one on the primary hulls. Thanks.
    I don't think so. If I am not mistaken the two launchers are both located on the secondary hull, one starboard, the other port. At least I believe to remember this from First Contact.

It plainly shows the primary hull (saucer section) with the nub on the bottom firing the quantum torpedoes - at least my memory shows it that way Although I may be mistaken I'm pretty sure it shows that, just like Nemisis shows them launching from under the deflector dish in one scene at least.
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

Sometimes, you just have to call a graphic flub for what it is.. in this case, I wouldn't think that a one-shot graphic flub would demand a redesign of the ship. Besides, Nemesis isn't a good 'source' to use for 'canon' material anyway... better to ignore the problem and say 'the shot was SUPPOSED to be 'x'' instead

Ok, maybe this will get me tared and feathered, but what's the deal with nemisis?
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

Ok, maybe this will get me tared and feathered, but what's the deal with nemisis?
    The's the movie that boldly went where no one watched?

Actually, it's just that Nemesis has some problems with continuity and production with some niggling issues. You could look at Nemesis like an 'interpretation' of a Star Trek story. It happened, but the details that we got on screen weren't really the details in the 'canon' universe.

Could you explain that to me please? Even if necessary start another thread and let me know what the nitpicks are please because I don't know what they are and my curiosity is now tweeked.
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

Could you explain that to me please? Even if necessary start another thread and let me know what the nitpicks are please because I don't know what they are and my curiosity is now tweeked.
    Well, I'll give an oft-cited example.. you see Lieutenant Wesley Crusher at Riker and Troi's wedding. Okay, but last we saw, Crusher was off with the Traveller learning how to be a god. Hard to imagine that he went BACK to Starfleet Academy, finish a tour, and become a Lieutenant. (Though a book out there explains that, yes, this is what happened.)

How did a rebel faction build the Scimitar without anyone noticing? I mean, we're not talking snub-fighters here. Imagine the Rebels in Star Wars building their own Death Star without the Empire even noticing.

The Remans put all their faith and trust into a mentally-unstable clone of Jean Luc Picard. You would think that they would want a real, genuine Reman there, even if he had to be suitably insane.

Entire Romulan Senate dies.. oh well. I guess the explicitly-stateed paranoid Romulan government didn't see the need for orbital defenses or anything like that (see problems with the Scimitar.)

Effects shots not matching up with published materials. The pulse-phasers being part of that. (You could assume a slight upgrade here, particularly after First Contact, but, still...)

There are other issues, but the movie requires an incredible amount of 'suspension of disbelief' to work, well beyond what Trek normally requires. Combined with inconsistancies with previous works - well - it's hard to justify it as anything but an approximation of what the story was actually like.

If you're referring to CODA...

During the battle in Nemisis it appears that the Enterprise is fireing pulse phasers from the bottom of the secondary hull. Has anyone thought about incorporating that into the design?
    Conicnendally, while researching through the RPG books, I noticed the SOM (Starfleet Operations Manual) has a write up of the Soverign-class with Pulse Phasers- slightly different from the Starship version. So, its already been done. I hope this answers your initial question.
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!