Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: To those who disliked Enterprise...

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstreak
    The show sucked hard in season 1 and it still sucks hard, they have way too many continuity errors and the cast just stinks (aside from Bakula).

Even Scott Bakula could improve his acting significantly. Plus I still look at him and see Quantum Leap rather then the CO of the Enterprise or his character from the original Wishmaster.

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

Originally Posted by Modem:
    The show is now trying to repair things ‘They’ screwed-over in the con…OK, fine how about “Timeline”, how’s that? Anyway “explaining” why Vulcans aren’t acting like Vulcans…PLEASE, it’s called “bad writing”. And as much as Manny is trying to bury ‘bodies’ in shallow graves, he’s also not above swinging the ol’ Chrono-wrecking ball. Manny’s supposedly bringing on the Gorn…a near- Century before Kirk’s FIRST CONTACT with them (‘They’ even said “the Gorn won’t be used”…What the…) But this goes alongside:The Klingon (handled very badly and hardly violently at all, contradicting all ‘this is why we fought’ stuff in other series) .The Borg (ok, assuming for a second that a Borg could survive atmospheric entry, terminal velocity, and the subsequent impact...why didn't Starfleet have a #!@&$ PLAN to deal with them be Picard's time???) Man I'll be glad when the word is passed "Ding, Dong the show is dead"...
    Now I know I havent written in a while and excuse my bad spelling and typing....but I'm inclined to agree with Modem
    Basically it comes down to that Enterprise is done crappy not really caring what they put in the show..and /or what the Fans of StarTrek think .. and with every continuing episode of this show, they will continue to insult our intelliegnce by stuffing the biggest and most Gigantic loads down our throats thinking that we dont know anything or how the timeline supposed to be so on and so fourth.
    Then they expect us to swallow it and like it... well hate to tell ya but it'll be a cold cold cold day in ....Rura Penthe before I'll even concider the thought that Enterprise is actual Star Trek.
    Furthermore I'm absolutely dissapointed in Paramount for allowing this filth to be put on TV. I mean whats next? Adding the Millenium Falcon to Enterprise and say that "this is first design of the Constitution Class Starship?".... comon use your heads...Kill or let the show die it makes no difference to me. But take it's collective Bull..oney with it.
    =/\= Korga =/\=

Take that torpedo turn it sideways and what?!

Then as always with Modem, we'll have to agree to disagree.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Korga
    Basically it comes down to that Enterprise is done crappy not really caring what they put in the show..and /or what the Fans of StarTrek think .. and with every continuing episode of this show, they will continue to insult our intelliegnce by stuffing the biggest and most Gigantic loads down our throats thinking that we dont know anything or how the timeline supposed to be so on and so fourth.
    Then they expect us to swallow it and like it... well hate to tell ya but it'll be a cold cold cold day in ....Rura Penthe before I'll even concider the thought that Enterprise is actual Star Trek.
    Um... i hate to break it to you. But we as a collective group, were only a secondary concern when it came to enterprise.

TPTB did not wake up one day and think to themselves;
    "How can we treat our loyal fans who have stuck with us through thick and thin, good times and bad. What is it we can do for them?"
    Far more likely they actually thought;
    "We have a successful product. Now how can I turn this successful brand name into a larger market share and rejuvinate it for a younger market with greater spending power."

Sorry to say, we got old and stopped spending as much on the merchandise and toys (Speaking of those Trek fans as a group, rather than individually). If we appeared anywhere in this considerartion it was along the lines of...
    "And the Existing fans will watch it too."

Dont take it quite so personally, it wasn't a decision even aimed at us.

Furthermore I'm absolutely dissapointed in Paramount for allowing this filth to be put on TV. I mean whats next? Adding the Millenium Falcon to Enterprise and say that "this is first design of the Constitution Class Starship?".... comon use your heads...Kill or let the show die it makes no difference to me. But take it's collective Bull..oney with it.
    OK, this is a touch extreme. In our opinion (yours and mine) it may be dire, even crap, but filth? No. Sex sells, but until they break out the soft focus lens, bring on the sax players and fluffers, the show is a very, very long way from filth...

"You must be T'Pol, I have come to repair your... Scanning array..."

Just remamber, if you want the show to fail and die, the absolute best thing you can personaly do is to change channels (or even switch off), and not even discuss the show at all. Even discussing it gives the show a level of advertising and publicity that they did not pay for.

You makes your choice, and all you can do is take your own stand, like it or not. But if you dont take your stand, you have nobody to blame. Not even yourself.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Dan:

First let me say please excuse the bad spelling and Typing...Thanks

It honestly sounds like you almost Defend Enterprise say it isnt so... hahaha

I guess I'm Having a hard time figureing how somone can defend a product that clearly doesnt even have the right (not rights) to call itself Startrek. First off basically everything they put into these shows turn around and condradicts everything that happens supposingly in the future.

Am I bent outta shape out this? "Ummmm Ya!" I have a hardcore love the series of Trek all of it with the exception to Enterprise. Everything is wrong in this show, every thing from the ship, uniforms to the stories. Pretty much the only thing that makes this series to be allowed to call it Startrek is the races that they've got on the episodes and maybe a few other small details!!!

It's a slap in the face to Roddenberry... and also a slap to all the Fans of Startrek. And deep down both you and I aswell as the fans know this.
    What Enterprise has done is turned around and said everything that has ever been written and seen in the Orginal Series and Next Gen aswell as books that has Roddenberry's appoval on is B.S.... What Roddenberry has approved and had written and what he oked by himself when he did the series ...never happened.

Now I know your gonna say "That the Makers of Enterprise didnt never actually said that" so let me clarify... It is what Enterprise implys every single time when the make the episodes. And then when it contradicts somthing at happens in the other series.

Then when you said
    Dont take it quite so personally, it wasn't a decision even aimed at us.
    It's kinda hard not to take it personally when everything that they (meaning Enterprise) doesnt even try to match up the story to what happens in the Original Series and Next Gen.(hahahaha I know you were meaning somthing else). I when I ment filth, I ment the Enterprise Series as a whole is filth. I do agree with you that maybe I shouldnt watch the show if it only helps to destroy the" bad mans show " I realize too even be talking about it gives it publicity...but hopefully it the type of publicity that maybe one of the Bigger guys will see this and come to the same conclusing as us ....That Enterprise Sucks and should be taken off the air and declaired as not even being part of the Startrek series! as for the younger generations that they are sooo deparetly trying to get? who cares?! as long as it was kept true to the visuals and continuity line. I understand they are trying to cater to the younger crowd and thats fine. But you dont hafta go to the exstent of blowing the Visual and continuity line do ya? Just so that Enterprise can get younger viewers?

ahhh well
    thats at least my 2 cents
    =/\= Korga =/\=

Take that torpedo turn it sideways and what?!

I still believe the series will end in the same manner as Voyager's "Year of Hell".

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

Am I bent outta shape out this? "Ummmm Ya!" I have a hardcore love the series of Trek all of it...
    Does that "hardcore love" for "all of it" include the episode, "Spock's Brain"???

I know how you feel. I love DS9 (and still do) when everybody were criticizing the series as "soap opera in space." They questioned, "how could you do a Trek show set on something stationary as a space station? It's not going where no one has gone before. It's just sitting there!"

As for the comment about the show is not aimed at us? Well, I can only speak for myself. Personally, removing Brannon Braga as the show runner and replacing it with someone else give me enough incentive to give this season a try. And so far, I like it. I cannot ignore the past three seasons any more than I can ignore TOS crappy episode like "Spock's Brain," but I can bear it.

Too bad Roddenberry didn't live long enough designate that TOS episode as "apocryphal."

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Cmdr Matt
    I was curious about those who disiked Enterprise before season 4, what you think of the show now. Do you still dislike it? Just curious.
    After reading this thread for the past few weeks, I think we all forgot what the original poster was asking. This now has become a thread to defend Enterprise when all was asked if we had changed our minds and what we think of the show now. Some of us changed our minds and some of us have not. Got to enjoy that free will we all have.

Why I have not posted anything until now? Simple, why justify my opinion? I was asked for it my the original poster not those defending or arguing people's positions.
    Hey my opinion

Without Star Trek: The Original Series there would be no other Trek Series or Movies regardless of shows rewriting the Series past.

I didn't mind the show, but was not wowwed the first two seasons: too much Voyager-style "head of the week" stuff. Season three was interesting for different reasons; they were trying something different. It was entertaining (and the SFX were incredible...) Fourth season has been excellent IMO; and they are doing what I originally said they should have...started exploring the beginnings of the UFP. Now they need to add the Romulan & Klingon stuff.

So I suppose my answer is yes.

It's a slap in the face to Roddenberry... and also a slap to all the Fans of Startrek. And deep down both you and I aswell as the fans know this.
    I don't feel the show is a slap in my face at all,& I've been a fan of all the shows.So please don't speak for me.You have your opinon & I respect that,but I don't share it. So don't say what I know & what I don't please.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. K. Vaughn
    Even Scott Bakula could improve his acting significantly. Plus I still look at him and see Quantum Leap rather then the CO of the Enterprise or his character from the original Wishmaster.
    Meh. When I see Avery Brooks, I see the shady Hawk than a commander of a deep space station.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Quote Originally Posted by REG
    Meh. When I see Avery Brooks, I see the shady Hawk than a commander of a deep space station.
    *chuckle* There is that.

I finally stopped thinking Hercules, even though I rarely watched the show, while watching Andromeda.

Regards,
    CKV.

So how could Bakula improve his acting on ENTERPRISE? Be like Picard, stuck-up and stodgy with a disdain of having a Vulcan aboard? Be like Sisko, lower his voice down two octave? Or be like Kirk, swagger and emphasize every words (it would also help if he knew some wrestling maneuvers)?

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

I dunno, I just always see him just a little as the 'Ralph Wiggum School of acting'.. "This is my angry face.. Grrr" and Reg, you missed an option out.. perhaps if he got the 'buns of steel' hairdo, it might help his acting?
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian
    I dunno, I just always see him just a little as the 'Ralph Wiggum School of acting'.. "This is my angry face.. Grrr" and Reg, you missed an option out.. perhaps if he got the 'buns of steel' hairdo, it might help his acting?
    ROFL!!!! That's the funniest thing I've heard all week Tobian, thanks
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig