Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To those who disliked Enterprise...

To those who disliked Enterprise...

I was curious about those who disiked Enterprise before season 4, what you think of the show now. Do you still dislike it? Just curious.

I am unable to comment. About halfway through series 1 I found that I wasn't as interested in the show. Not like any other trek, which had become a religion in watching, setting aside time specifically to sit down and catch the new shows.

But with Enterprise, I was simply not concerned, and so if I had something better to do, I went and did it, rather than reschedule myself.

I think I have caught all bar 1 episode of season 1, 1 or 2 of season 2 as played on Channel 4 on Sundays, but I may be confusing it with Andromeda.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

I didn't watch the season opener or the second episode. I have watch the "augments" arc and it was ok. I am still very indifferent to the show, as the next arc is the vulcan "realigning" with established cannon. Which I don't have a huge inclination to watch.
    Over all, it's a sub-par sci-fi with some familiar points to Star trek.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

Re: To those who disliked Enterprise...

Originally posted by Lt Cmdr Matt
    I was curious about those who disiked Enterprise before season 4, what you think of the show now. Do you still dislike it? Just curious.
    Interesting question. It assumes that someone who didn't like it before is still watching it.

I didn't like the first several episodes of the first season, so I've never tuned back in. I've heard generally positive reviews of the latest efforts, though.

Thumbs up Re: To those who disliked Enterprise...

Originally posted by Lt Cmdr Matt
    When I heard the change in leadership, I decided to give season 4 a chance.

I'm liking what I have seen so far.

It only reaffirmed me that Brannon Braga still sucks, but Manny Coto is THE Man.

I'm still waiting words if Brannon Braga will be banished to the opposite of the Paramount Studio lot, with a restraining order not to come within 500 feet of Star Trek soundstages and franchise buildings.

[image placeholder: devil smiley]
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

I haven't had a chance to watch sence season 1.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

I've seen a few off and on, though it's never really interested me. It seemed distinctly amateur, but not in a good way. The directing, the production, and the writing all seemed below par compared to what could have been done. (It really seemed on par with Andromeda rather than what we've come to expect from Trek.)

I haven't caught anything on the new season, but it's nigh impossible to find UPN around here.

I am still unqualified to comment No season 4 here yet, I could download, but it's crappy watching something on your monitor.. it's never as good as a TV, unless you sit 12 inches away !

Season 3 did pick up allot, and the story arks in 4 do sound good, especially because they seem to be both keeping to canon and working within it (FINALLY!!!) so it should stop REALLY annoying me and I can sit back and just enjoy the show!
    Ta Muchly

I liked seasons 1 and 2 but I got really bored by Season 3 so stopped watching about 4-5 episodes into it. I've been watching Season 4. I'd say it is an improvement. I didn't care for part 2 of the opener, but overall I've enjoyed it. Nowhere near DS9 or Firefly levels of enjoyment, but pretty fun.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

I haven't caught anything on the new season, but it's nigh impossible to find UPN around here.

--TFVanguard
    Did you try your local NBC station? I never heard of UPN until it got Enterprise and it is not something offered in my area. However, my NBC station does air Enterprise Saturday nights at midnight.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Originally posted by redwood973
    Did you try your local NBC station? I never heard of UPN until it got Enterprise and it is not something offered in my area.
    Sounds like you've got a 'split network' station, not uncommon for UPN to do. We have a dedicated UPN affilliate, but Adelphia's changed out channel like up about three times since moving to this apartment, and , really, I just haven't had too much impetus to check. :P

However, my NBC station does air Enterprise Saturday nights at midnight.

--redwood973
    Sorry, that should be Sunday morning at midnight. It's on right after Saturday Night Live.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

well, i'm oppsite of everybody else. Never cared for next generation or deep space nine. Watched an occasional episode, but the age of diplomancy didn't excite me. Voyager didn't get to watch after season one because of no local UPN station. I've really liked Enterprise and have seen every episode but one. This season has really been great so far. The UPN station here really sucks. Programing always blinking out, going blue screen for 1 to 10 minutes. The've been a little better lately.

I also liked Nemisis
    Garet

I gave up on ENT some time in Season 1, I think. An episode with intelligent holograms (which annoyed me no end in VOY) and one with the Ferengi was just too much on top of everything else.

For comparison, my other Trek likes/dislikes are:

Original Series: love occasional episodes, but can take or leave it for the most part.

Next Generation: absolutely love it - my favourite Trek series.

DS9 - love it as well. My 2nd favourite Trek series.

VOY - great idea, terribly realised. Found it 90% annoying, with the occasional good episode.

Movies:
    I (TMP) - liked
    II (TWOK) - loved
    III (TSFS) - liked
    IV (TVH) - loved
    V (TFF) - hated
    VI (TUC) - absolutely loved
    VII (G) - liked
    VIII (FC) - absolutely loved
    IX (I) - liked
    X (N) - loved

I've caught the occasional later-series episode of ENT on TV from time to time, but it hasn't done anything for me.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Cmdr Matt
    Yes, I use to watch this show. It is like a terrible car wreck. You know you slow down to see what a bad accident it is to see all the blood and gore. I try to watch every season and the writing gets worse and more stupid.

I'd rather watch "Everyone Loves Raymond" followed by "Full House" than to watch that show again. Inepta-prize it lives up to the nickname.

I no longer hate "Enterprise". I despise it. I loath it.

I'd rather eat something from "Fear Factor" than to see that show again.

----------------------For those of us who hate Enterprise--------------------------
    B&B on Star Trek:

Berman: Instead of intellegent shows that are family friendly for nearly 40 years, let's come up with something else as we rewrite Star Trek's history.

Braga: *he is looking at an adult magazine then jumps up in his chair showing Berman the centerfold.* Look Boob Monsters!!! That is what Sci Fi and Trek fans want. Women with big boobs!!!

Berman: That is a great idea!!! Only adult men who live in their parents' basements and horney teenage boys watch Star Trek!!!

>Ratings fail on Enterprise<

Berman: Parents and Women are complaining about the show saying there is too much sex. Ratings are bad. Fans complaining there are no good stories. We need a new gimmick.

Braga: *He is look at an adult magazine then jumps up in his chair showing Berman picture of lesbians.* We are losing ratings let's show lesbians!!! Howard Stern says it makes ratings and he knows all about what Star Trek fans want!!!

Berman: That is a great idea!!! Howard Stern must know what Star Trek fans want. He never wrote a show or talks about Star Trek on his show but he must know what he is doing. He is nationally syndicated. After all Hoawrd Stern is Star Trek because only adult men who live in their parents' basements and horney teenage boys watch Star Trek and listen to Howard Stern!!! That way we get lesbians to watch that will also raise our ratings.

>Ratings fail even worse on Enterprise<

Berman: Parents and families have boycotted the show. They are not watching it. They claim it is not family friendly any more. I mean we showed boobs and we showed lesbians why are they complaining? We need an even bigger gimmick!!!

Braga: *He is looking at less than stellar financial results of Star Trek: Nemesisan then jumps up in his chair seeing the less than stellar financial results of Star Trek: Nemesis.* Let's get Brent Spiner on as an evil character. Then ummm... *he then spots his adult magazine collection.* Let's show boobs and lesbians that is what the fans want!!!

Berman: That is a great idea!!! Star Trek: Nemesis made no sense and it did worse that Star Trek 5: The Final Frontier but it was a great movie!!! We show lesbians and boobs with Eugenics!!! We know how close Nemesis was to to Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan it was more successful!! After all only adult men who live in their parents' basements and horney teenage boys watch Star Trek!!!

>Ratings fail even drop worse on Enterprise<

Berman: Our fans say the writing is bad. The shows concept is bad. Parents are boycotting because of the boobs and lesbians on the show. The show has the worse ratings yet. Paramount is upset asking us why the show is slumping.

Braga: *he is looking at an adult magazine then jumps up in his chair.* I know whose fault it is!! The fans!!!

Berman: Yes! We gave them everything they wanted!!! Boobs, Lesbians, Sex, even Brent Spiner!!! The fans do not know what they want they keep asking for: good stories, strong science fiction, stick to canon, go on with the DS9 story... What do they know?
    Last edited by T'lara; 12-11-2004 at 09:19 PM.
    Hey my opinion

Without Star Trek: The Original Series there would be no other Trek Series or Movies regardless of shows rewriting the Series past.