1 4.35%

4 17.39%
  • 9 Best of Enterprise

11 47.83%
  • 10 With the Best of Them

4 17.39%

Thread: Rate ST:ENT "The Forge" Kir'Shara Arc Episode 1/3

Rate ST:ENT "The Forge" Kir'Shara Arc Episode 1/3

The Earth embassy on Vulcan is bombed, killing 31 humans and 12 Vulcans. Enterprise is called to the planet to help investigate, but the Vulcan High Command already suspects a dissident religious faction known as "Syrrannites." T'Pol learns from her husband Koss that her mother T'Les has been forced into hiding to avoid arrest — because she is a Syrrannite. Koss also brings her a mysterious heirloom containing a map. Believing this is a message from T'Les, T'Pol and Archer set out to follow that map across a treacherous desert, without the High Command's knowledge.

[from The Official Site Synopos]

OK You all know the routine, in addition I might me doing something different here in a day or so so keeping checking back.

I was busy when the show was on so I need to rewatch my tape but I can tell there was ALOT of backstory introduced.
    Last edited by Eric R.; 11-19-2004 at 09:33 PM.
    Draftsmen in Training

a 10 from me

I was very impressed by this episode and arc, possibly the best writer debut by Trek writers Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens. My only qualm .. the forsaken "To be continued..." ARGHGHGHGHGH
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

Good one They need to keep this up
    Garet

Good first episode, we'll see where it goes, too bad about the Admiral tho i like the character :/
    Romuald "Pantoufle" Theate

Originally posted by Pantoufle
    Good first episode, we'll see where it goes, too bad about the Admiral tho i like the character :/
    I'm sure we'll see the actor who plays him (Vaughn Armstrong) a lot more though. He's been every kind of character on Star Trek: Klingon, Cardassian, Romulan, etc.
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

Yes! Fans have been clamoring for background on Vulcan for some time now. And this is a great start,

The little details seem to mesh with established Star Trek lore, even the unofficial stuff. For example, Surak was supposed to have made "pilgrimage" through The Forge -- which leads credence to the idea of the Vulcan rite of passage, the Kahs-wan, in the animated episode "Yesteryear."

The writing is getting much much better and is bringing Star Trek back to the quality it had when DS9 ended. (Don't get me wrong; Voyager had its moments, but it didn't mesh with the milieu very well.)
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

There, got to catch up on this one too.

What can I say? Wow! Why the heck did they keep this man away from Trek that long? Why did they have to keep on with Braga long after it was obvious nothing good could come from him?

All right, back to this episode. I liked it a lot, I liked the way Vulcan was depicted, and above all, the episode shows promise. It made me want more. More Vulcan, more Enterprise. And that's a good thing. Almost gave it a 10 ... but finally settled on 9 .

I can still see this shot with Enterprise below the big red disc of Vulcan. Wonderful!
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

They had some great shots of the Enterprise in orbit around Vulcan. The writing has definitely improved but I still had a few problems with the show. Still, it is an improvement though I seriously doubt they'll ever get to a state where I can stomach the rewriting of what had been previously established in the various other series.

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."