Thread: [TOS] Name of the Romulan Commander

[TOS] Name of the Romulan Commander

Anybody happen to know if somebody (canon or not) actually gave the Romulan Commander from "The Enterprise Incident" a name?

Re: [TOS] Name of the Romulan Commander

Originally posted by UFC465537
    Anybody happen to know if somebody (canon or not) actually gave the Romulan Commander from "The Enterprise Incident" a name?
    Offically, she was never given one. Unofficially, there have been at least two or three different (which I can't recall at the moment).
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

According to one of the most popular non-canon source, Diane Duane's Rihannsu books, her name was Ael t'Rllaillieu. I'm not especially taken with her "Rihannsu" interpretation of Romulans, myself, but many others love them. YMMV.

According to one of the most popular non-canon source, Diane Duane's Rihannsu books, her name was Ael t'Rllaillieu.

--Owen E Oulton
    Ael i-Mhiessan t'Rllaillieu was commanding officer of the CHR Bloodwing and was the aunt of the "Romulan Miniskirt & Go-Go Boots Commander."

It has been sometime since I read the books, but I can't recall the "Romulan Miniskirt & Go-Go Boots Commander" every being given a name. I am between books right now. I'll start reading them tonight and let you know if I find anything.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Are you sure? I got the impression that she was supposed to be the same character - of course, it's been a long time since I read My Enemy My Ally, and I didn't at all care for Duane's take on the Rommies so i haven't read any of the sequels.

Are you sure? I got the impression that she was supposed to be the same character. . .

--Owen E Oulton
    Yeppers. The character Ael is described as being very similar in appearance to "Romulan Miniskirt & Go-Go Boots Commander" and thus propably the reason a lot of people think they are one and the same.

To McCoy she [Ael] had the look of a woman briefly possessed by memories. She had a right to be. From what she had told him, the last time she had stood here she had seen her niece, the young "Romulan" Commander whom McCoy and Kirk had known, formally stripped of House-name and exiled.

The Romulan Way, Diane Duane & Peter Morwood; pp. 226
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Originally posted by redwood973
    Ael i-Mhiessan t'Rllaillieu was commanding officer of the CHR Bloodwing and was the aunt of the "Romulan Miniskirt & Go-Go Boots Commander."

It has been sometime since I read the books, but I can't recall the "Romulan Miniskirt & Go-Go Boots Commander" every being given a name. I am between books right now. I'll start reading them tonight and let you know if I find anything.
    I think "Mini Skirt & Go-Go Boots" t'Rllaillieu has a nice ring to it
    I got a reply from FBR:

I remember one book called her Char'von. I don't remember if it was Duane or the writers of the Phoenix books.
    Anybody?
    I was never a big Romulan fan and Diane Duane makes the tumors in my head ache and vibrate. So, any help in this area would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, and just to add more flies to the ointment: The name of her flagship?

I replied more thoroughly (including references to novels--Charvon comes from the Phoenix novels, for instance...) on the FBR site, but

http://www.decipher.com/startrek/car...charvanek.html

No help on the ship, I'm afraid.

Alex

So far here's what I got:

Diane Duane's Commander Auntie "Mini Skirt & Go-Go Boots" t'Rllaillieu

Sondra Marshak & Myrna Culbreath's Commander Di'on Charvon or Char'von

Decipher Games Commander Charvanek

Which is far more than I had 2 days ago. Thanks, guys for all the background work! The ship name may be left to creative mind, I guess (which is a very dangerous thing....the RSE Ostrichfeather, or the RSE Foul Flatulence...).

UFC465537 I had forgotten most of my responses to this topic have been done on this board. I posted a reply to your above post on the FBR.

I have seen reference to the "Phoenix novels" a few times now. What are they?
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

The Phoenix novesl are utter an waste of dead trees, early homoerotic novels by the two of the co-creators of the "Slash" fanfic genre. They toned down the explicitness enough to get them published under the Bantam Books Star Trek license. They are almost unreadable and unbelievably silly, essentially being a love triangle between Kirk, Spock and a super-clone of Kirk with very heavy sadomasochistic undertones.

. . .essentially being a love triangle between Kirk, Spock and a super-clone of Kirk with very heavy sadomasochistic undertones.
    Not. . .sure. . .what. . .to. . .say.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

It's best to simply back away and not make eye contact with it...

Here's a reply I got in the FBR:

From something called the The Ubergeeky Shiplist Project : Vulcan’s Heart (book title)
    Honor Blade - Romulan - Commander Charvanek - destroyed 2344
    Looks like we have a ship name...

Sorry it took a while for a reply, I encountered a resilient piece of spyware that fubared my machine.

Thanks Fellas

Hey! That's MY Ubergeeky Project!!!

I'm FAMOUS!
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook