View Poll Results: Do you make use of the Cardassian Net Books found at Memory Icon?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

4 16.67%
  • Yes, I use them to detail the Cardassians as an NPC power in my campaign.

15 62.50%
  • Yes, I run a Cardassian-based game.

0 0%
  • I use it both ways.

5 20.83%

Thread: The Cardassian Net Books.

The Cardassian Net Books.

Hi All,

I was wondering if any of you use these sourcebooks that a number of fans of the Game wrote some time back. In particularly, do you use them predominantly as a GM resource to foil your Federation players or do you actually run a Cardassian campaign?

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

Cardassian Net Books

The net books were an essential part of my last (ICON) campaign. For 6 month's, (as a break from our TOS campaign) I ran a Cardassian game. The PC's were involved with small dissident group trying to undermine the power of the Obsidian Order (Pre Dominion War). I've recently switched the group over to Coda Trek, while were back to TOS (Fasa Triangle Campaign) The net books will aways be useful.
    Doc

Dammit Jim, I'm a Tuba Player, Not a .....!!!!!!

Cool.

I was curious about the use of them as I was recently bitten by the Trek bug again and as anyone who knows me, the ideas started spewing forth.

In rather short order, I had jotted down a dozen ideas for expanding my own campaign universe that had been shelved for some time and three ideas for adventures based around Cardassians. Two are from a standard Federation-played perspective and one for a Cardassian game itself.

I will be submitting them to Memory Icon once I have finished writing them but in starting all this it caused me to wonder how many people use those books and whether there would be interest in adventures based around them.

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

Yes, alot.

I had a few cardassian civilian NPC's as part of the ship's crew during an exploration arc on my game. I have also created some major reoccuring villians based from information out of that series.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Big help for Cardassian NPCs

It was a big help for creating more complex and interesting Cardassian NPCs for my Star Trek Dominion war era campaign. The players had rivals, enemies, contacts... they grew to know what to expect from certain of their opponents, even speculating which captain was on the new ship they were facing, etc.