2 11.76%

3 17.65%
  • Best of Enterprise 9

7 41.18%
  • With the Best of Trek 10

3 17.65%

Thread: Rate ST:ENT "Kir'Shara" Kir'Shara Arc Episode 3/3

Rate ST:ENT "Kir'Shara" Kir'Shara Arc Episode 3/3

Well this was nice, not spectacular in my mind as the previous 2 but nevertheless right up there. And that Ending, WOW, talking about setting up the future.
    Draftsmen in Training

While I enjoyed the episode more so then the rest in this arc, I did find the ending rather predictable and I was somewhat disappointed that it had to be a human that essentially is responsible for setting the Vulcans on the path that we are most familiar with.

Still the writing has shown a marked improvement in the last two seasons.

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

I liked it, but thought it could have been just a little longer would have helped. The ending was good. I never even thought about the romulans.

Keep it up.
    Garet

Yeah, I saw that coming a mile away. But what the heck, that was way cool.
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    <div align="center"><center><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#000080"><tr><td><center><br><font face=verdana><font color="#000080"><font size="2">I am</font><br><font size=8><font face=symbol>p</font></font><br><br><font size=2>Everyone loves pi</font></font><br><font color="#FFFFFF">_</font></font></td></tr></table></center></div><br><center><font face=verdana><font size=2><a href="http://www.geocities.com/eyecanspy/numberquiz">what number are you?</a></font><font size=1><br><br>this quiz by <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/orsa">orsa</a></font></font></center>

Nice episode here too. Two minor gripes, again:

- Shran's behaviour ... now I torture you, you don't tell me nothing? Ok we're friends then, I believe you ... what the !?!!! I know Andorians are different and a bit aggressive (confrontational?), but that doesn't mean they're dumb or fickle, does it? Oh well ...

- T'Pol's husband. I don't quite understand why he released her of their vows (does divorce exist on Vulcan?) ... He blackmailed her to mary him, so he doesn't seem to be the straightest Vulcan there is. So I guess it's not remorse, probably not guilt at T'Pol's mother's death either ... besides, all these are emotions, and pre-Archer Vulcans might have been cunning, scheming and deceptive, they are still supposed to refrain emotions (apart from anger that is ). Maybe the fact that her mother was Syrrannite made her a bad choice for a wife, but this isn't really logical, Syrrannites are bound to become quite influential in a near future. So this leaves love ... which seems daft to me ... but maybe that's just me :/ .
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Oh, by the way, I thought Surak's writings looked really nice ... Nice eye candy in those three episodes, and for once not related to spacecrafts .
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Quote Originally Posted by Calcoran
    Nice episode here too. Two minor gripes, again:

- Shran's behaviour ... now I torture you, you don't tell me nothing? Ok we're friends then, I believe you ... what the !?!!! I know Andorians are different and a bit aggressive (confrontational?), but that doesn't mean they're dumb or fickle, does it? Oh well ...

- T'Pol's husband. I don't quite understand why he released her of their vows (does divorce exist on Vulcan?) ... He blackmailed her to mary him, so he doesn't seem to be the straightest Vulcan there is. So I guess it's not remorse, probably not guilt at T'Pol's mother's death either ... besides, all these are emotions, and pre-Archer Vulcans might have been cunning, scheming and deceptive, they are still supposed to refrain emotions (apart from anger that is ). Maybe the fact that her mother was Syrrannite made her a bad choice for a wife, but this isn't really logical, Syrrannites are bound to become quite influential in a near future. So this leaves love ... which seems daft to me ... but maybe that's just me :/ .
    Agreed about Shran, that bothered me as well. As for T'Pol's husband maybe he found the having not to be as agreeable as the wanting. *shrug*

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

Quote Originally Posted by Calcoran
    Oh, by the way, I thought Surak's writings looked really nice ... Nice eye candy in those three episodes, and for once not related to spacecrafts .
    Yes, that was a nice touch, one of things I did quite like about the episode.

Regards,
    CKV.