0 0%

1 3.70%

4 14.81%

13 48.15%

7 25.93%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate ST:Ent Kir'shara Arc

Rate ST:Ent Kir'shara Arc

Overall the arc was good very good though it reverted to some TNG esq moments in my mind at times. This Arc did more to get us moving toward the Federation I think then any single previous episode. We still still need to see how the Tellerites work into the whole scheme of things but I believe the upcoming Babel arc will see to that. Vulcans got more depth in this as well and we came to understand there basic culture a little better i think then everbefore. There was a real TOS feel to the background of the story even if it played out as a very good DS9 arc.

I gave it an 8
    Draftsmen in Training

Opps! I forgot to hit the poll section on the thread page. Well you all know what the numbers are so just do it unscientifically this time out.
    Draftsmen in Training

Originally posted by Eric R.
    Opps! I forgot to hit the poll section on the thread page. Well you all know what the numbers are so just do it unscientifically this time out.
    I am watching out for you

Overall, the arc was interesting though I have a few problems with Enterprise's portrayal of Vulcans though we now learn the real influence behind this so it is somewhat mitigated.

I have been enjoying the appearance of the Andorians and the glimpses we get into their background. Since very little has been established in canon, it is far more difficult to tread upon what has gone before.

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

Thanks Matt we are now once again scientific folks
    Draftsmen in Training

I like that arc very much, even if nothing really surprised me. Gave it 8 too.
    Romuald "Pantoufle" Theate

The arc serioulsy rocked. They should have brought in Coto much sooner.

BTW, have any of you guys any idea of the ratings Enterprise is getting this time around?
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    <div align="center"><center><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#000080"><tr><td><center><br><font face=verdana><font color="#000080"><font size="2">I am</font><br><font size=8><font face=symbol>p</font></font><br><br><font size=2>Everyone loves pi</font></font><br><font color="#FFFFFF">_</font></font></td></tr></table></center></div><br><center><font face=verdana><font size=2><a href="http://www.geocities.com/eyecanspy/numberquiz">what number are you?</a></font><font size=1><br><br>this quiz by <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/orsa">orsa</a></font></font></center>

They are lower then previosly for the most part however They consistently beat WB and give FOX a run for it.
    Draftsmen in Training

Thanks, Eric!

Rumor mill has it that the show won't be renewed for a 5th Season. Having no idea about the actual ratings, I wanted to check if there was any chance of that happening.
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    <div align="center"><center><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#000080"><tr><td><center><br><font face=verdana><font color="#000080"><font size="2">I am</font><br><font size=8><font face=symbol>p</font></font><br><br><font size=2>Everyone loves pi</font></font><br><font color="#FFFFFF">_</font></font></td></tr></table></center></div><br><center><font face=verdana><font size=2><a href="http://www.geocities.com/eyecanspy/numberquiz">what number are you?</a></font><font size=1><br><br>this quiz by <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/orsa">orsa</a></font></font></center>

Ratings for ENT

The ratings are for ENT are poor, and chances for season 5 are slim at best. I feel this is why season 4 has been (by far) the best season.
    Doc

Dammit Jim, I'm a Tuba Player, Not a .....!!!!!!

http://www.startreknow.com/index.php?act=SF&f=17 has collected ratings and comparisons for previous seasons.

From http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...272|||,00.html UPNs season average is 2.5/4

Enterprise is about average for UPN at 2.2/4 or so.

It's not doing great, and it's declined a ton from the first season.

The question isn't so much about how the ratings are doing but is the show making a profit, looking at advertising revenue (which comes out of the ratings and demographics of the ratings--more ratings==more advertisers wanting to get on the show==more revenue) vs cost to make the show.

I believe for this season they've cut the budget: hence all the talk about stuntcasting Shatner, but then not having the money to do so.

UPN press releases still mention that Friday Ratings are up from last year, and that Enterprise is bringing in the Young Male demographic to some extent.

that may or may not allow the show to pass muster and survive for next season.

I'd go even odds on it being cancelled.

Edit: One further thing to consider: What would UPN/Viacom replace Enterprise with? It might survive just because it's not bleeding too badly, and nothing else seems better.

Alex
    Last edited by Captain Blake; 12-07-2004 at 01:31 PM.

One other thing that goes unmentioned most of the time, Enterprise is usually repeated at least once in most markets, in Pittesburg its on again at 6 on Staturday evenings. So many simply watch it at a more convinent time or tape the sucker. Not to mention that most shows on Friday work with a vcurve anyways considering the time and date. Therefore a simple glance at ratings is not I believe a realistic factor to determine if a show, especially Enterprise lives or dies. If I had to guess I would say Enterprise reaches double the audience of what the ratings say when you add in repeats, VCR's and etc...
    Draftsmen in Training

I thought the whole story was really good.

I for one would like Enterprise be back for a 5th season.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Blake
    I'd go even odds on it being cancelled.

Edit: One further thing to consider: What would UPN/Viacom replace Enterprise with? It might survive just because it's not bleeding too badly, and nothing else seems better.
    Execept, perhaps, that new Star Trek show J. Michael Straczynski pitched to Paramount. . .
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

Are you being facetious Ezri or is there truly such a show?

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."