Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And we are back online again

Smile And we are back online again

Welcome back everyone. As you probably will notice is it not much that have changed on the surface yet. But the new version gives quite some new options.

/Magnus

Wow will take time to get used to it

Don't like the big icons that much :/

But nice to see you're trying to improve the board.
    Romuald "Pantoufle" Theate

Spiffy new look...

EDIT: 'xcept I can't make my coded sig work.
    Last edited by Captain Novaes; 12-04-2004 at 02:14 PM.
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    <div align="center"><center><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#000080"><tr><td><center><br><font face=verdana><font color="#000080"><font size="2">I am</font><br><font size=8><font face=symbol>p</font></font><br><br><font size=2>Everyone loves pi</font></font><br><font color="#FFFFFF">_</font></font></td></tr></table></center></div><br><center><font face=verdana><font size=2><a href="http://www.geocities.com/eyecanspy/numberquiz">what number are you?</a></font><font size=1><br><br>this quiz by <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/orsa">orsa</a></font></font></center>

It takes some time to get used to how vB3 presents everything. The strenghts lies elsewhere. Making it possible to be member of several usergroups at the same time is one of the new strenghts.

I have also turned back on the old coding that allowed the sig. I saw that it used tables, which is not easy to support through BB coding. I will have to look more at it.

Thumbs down

It looks the same as Wizards' messageboards (sans the minor cosmetic appearance), but the functions are basically the same.

EDIT: Any chance we can change the look of the board so that the username and info appears on the left side of the post as the prevous board? I'm way too used to that.
    Last edited by REG; 12-04-2004 at 10:19 PM.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

So there's my sig again... apparently not all features were installed when I posted earlier.
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    <div align="center"><center><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#000080"><tr><td><center><br><font face=verdana><font color="#000080"><font size="2">I am</font><br><font size=8><font face=symbol>p</font></font><br><br><font size=2>Everyone loves pi</font></font><br><font color="#FFFFFF">_</font></font></td></tr></table></center></div><br><center><font face=verdana><font size=2><a href="http://www.geocities.com/eyecanspy/numberquiz">what number are you?</a></font><font size=1><br><br>this quiz by <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/orsa">orsa</a></font></font></center>

Thumbs up

It looks quite nice to me, if a little XP in places!

On my initial viewing, it works much better with Firefox than the older one. The box I'm typing in was fixed at half the width on the old one.

I like... and I guess it will improve with time as you guys find more tweaks

Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

I don't like this new layout. I much preferred the old layout.
    Old Age And Treachery Will Triumph Over Youth And Skill

I like it
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Wow. Will take some getting used to. . .but nice.

Oh, cool! No more searching old posts to find my attachments. . .every attachment I have ever posted is listed for me under the User Control Panel. SWEET!

Offtopic: hrm, I am using 3.57 MB to store 27 attachments. Should there be a limit to the number of attachments or their size?
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Nice, like the new look .

Quote Originally Posted by redwood973
    Offtopic: hrm, I am using 3.57 MB to store 27 attachments. Should there be a limit to the number of attachments or their size?
    I can limit the total attachment size, but have not done so yet. The simple answer is that there is no need for it yet

Smile Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagus
    On my initial viewing, it works much better with Firefox than the older one. The box I'm typing in was fixed at half the width on the old one.
    Yes, great improvement. I slightly miss the view new threads button, though, but I think I will get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergi
    Yes, great improvement. I slightly miss the view new threads button, though, but I think I will get used to it.
    Middle of the top bar, took me a while to find it myself.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Thank you Phoenix.