Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of us are left...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Feanorgil
    Okay who out there is actually playing LOTR RPG and anxiously awaiting the next Hall of Fire Issue? I just want a head count. Chime in if you want.
    Still around, still reading Hall of Fire, still popping in to read the forums now and again. I will get around to running a LOTR game eventually. Whether or not the line is "dead" doesn't really matter to me. Our group often plays games using supposedly "dead" systems: Cyberpunk 2020, Usagi Yojimbo, Marvel Superheroes, Classic Traveller, Marvel Universe RPG, original World of Darkness.

And with LOTR, it's still easy enough to get extra copies of the core rulebook if my players decide they need them.

But anyway, it would seem that it's not "dead" anyway
    John

Anyway, you need people of intelligence on this sort of mission...quest...thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arknight
    I too am still around, having recently begun running a new chronicle with two players. I was thinking I may have to come up with a bunch of new info and such, but with the latest announcement by Decipher, I'm back to looking forward to new books.

Tom
    What is this latest announcement?
    www.unfinishedtales.net

'Some who have read the book, or at any rate have reviewed it, have found it boring, absurd, or contemptible; and I have no cause to complain, since I have similar opinions of their works' JRR Tolkien

Well, according to this announcement
    , they're going to be at least releasing several products, which according to folks is most likely the products that had been playtested and in the pipeline for release before all the quiet time.

Tom

Yes, I posted this in haste - the next forum I went on (Decipher's) had the details!
    www.unfinishedtales.net

'Some who have read the book, or at any rate have reviewed it, have found it boring, absurd, or contemptible; and I have no cause to complain, since I have similar opinions of their works' JRR Tolkien

I am delighted and heartened to see so many

It is my hope that when i return to be able to actively engage more into the LOTR RPG community. I really enjoy the game and the story weaving that occurs. I hope to see more replies in the future.
    the roads goes ever on..... so buy a volvo!

"don't tell the elf"-Gimili at the Hornburg LOTR TTT

What about second breakfast?- Pippin, LOTR FOTR

"My precious"- my treo 700 phone/PDA

Yup, still here.

Alive and well. I refuse to give up on CODA.
    The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them. -- Mark Twain

Talking

Still around...though I lurk mostly. Im waiting for a few of the new sourcebooks before kicking off my 1st Age campaign.

Good news is coming soon

There are more than a few of us die-hard LotR RPG fans. I happen to have it on very good authority that Decipher, or someone working with Decipher, will see to it that the LotR RPG is more represented at conventions. I suspect this individual will be looking for people to run games at various locations. I know Gen Con has been taken care of.
    Neal Hyde
    Denver, Colorado

Shifting paradigms without a clutch.

Thumbs up Still here

Still Love the game and the Coda System. I think its one of the best ones out there. It will only be a "dead" system when we don't play it anymore. We have some very talented players out there and so I'm sure that we can keep the Coda system alive!!!

well I am more than delighted to see that things are moving again!

Sandy ... where i am at now, best wishes to all.

Wilson
    the roads goes ever on..... so buy a volvo!

"don't tell the elf"-Gimili at the Hornburg LOTR TTT

What about second breakfast?- Pippin, LOTR FOTR

"My precious"- my treo 700 phone/PDA

Hmm...yeah, I'm stilll here; still kicking!

I'm currently working on incorporating the "Triumph of the Witch-King" chronicle into my 'normal' 4th age one. Being a Trek fan, my initial thing was "Time-travel!" - then my brain reconnected!

I'm thinking of doing a kind of 'flashback' campaign, where the current PCs will be the descendants of the ones in the TotWK. Except the Elf - his original 0-advancement sheet is around, he can go back and play "himself" at a young age!

*sigh* I'm getting another headache...but I can't let all the crunchy stuff in Hall of Fire go to waste!
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Any other info needed?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaron
    I'm currently working on incorporating the "Triumph of the Witch-King" chronicle into my 'normal' 4th age one. Being a Trek fan, my initial thing was "Time-travel!" - then my brain reconnected!

I'm thinking of doing a kind of 'flashback' campaign, where the current PCs will be the descendants of the ones in the TotWK. Except the Elf - his original 0-advancement sheet is around, he can go back and play "himself" at a young age!

*sigh* I'm getting another headache...but I can't let all the crunchy stuff in Hall of Fire go to waste!
    Hello Aldaron,

I am the creator of the Triumph of the Witch-king chronicle... I just wanted to say that if you need anymore info, let me know. You are welcome to click on the link in my signature to go to my Play-by-Post game. There you will find all of the files for the game - the characters, the Chapters in PDF format, etc.

Let me know if you should need anything.

Speaking of the Hall of Fire, I have to get started or this month's upcoming issue won't be released.

Tomcat
    Last edited by Tomcat; 02-21-2005 at 06:38 PM.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
    Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11 | Edge 8 | Injury 16/18
    Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane, Foe-slaying
    Shadow bane, Skirmisher

Tomcat,
    Brilliant! Thanks a bunch! I've just signed up to your forums, as well (yeah, yeah - my friends call me a 'forum-whore'! ), so expect to see me pop in to say hello from time to time.

I've downloaded the stuff you have on the site and will have a read thru it when I'm not at work - it looks great at first blush!

BTW, where did you get those PDF character sheets? I'm using some pretty clunky Excel ones at the moment (GandalfofBorg's are too complex to run efficiently on my machine), but I really liked the look of the ones you have. I'm assuming they're "forms" in their original configuration? As in, you can enter the data directly into them?

Looking forward to reading your chronicle!

Cheers,
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

LOTR Forms

Hey Aldaron, here is my LOTR Form in it Microsoft Word Format. You can also download the PDF from the Hall of Fire webiste under Miscellaneous. Only this version allows you to enter the data, problem is you have to be careful as to not erase something that might be important and you would also need the fonts I used to have it appear the same.

Anyway, it is here for your taking. If you want to know the fonts used, it would be Tolkien and Mordred - they are free out on the web... somewhere.

I approved your joining our forum, understand that only players may post in the actual games but you are welcome to post in the General Discussion if you wish and read as much as you'd like. If you are ever invited in to a game, that game will be opened for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
    Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11 | Edge 8 | Injury 16/18
    Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane, Foe-slaying
    Shadow bane, Skirmisher