Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many of us are left...

Tomcat - brilliant again! Those sheets are spot-on. Print it to Distiller and it looks terrific. Word may not do the calculations the way Excel does, but they're really not that complicated!

I'm still toying with how to incorporate TotWK into my campaign. The flashback idea has its merits, but I'm still wondering about tweaking it to fit with my 4th age campaign.

We're set around Fourth Age 20, and are dealing with Gondor extending its hand north across Eriador, trying to bring the Dunlendings in under its sway. I was thinking that TotWK could be modified with the following changes - let me know what you think:

The Witch-King is replaced by Carangul (we kept him from the original games)
    The Angmarians can be replaced by Rhudaur "hordes" and northern Orcs flocking to Carangul's banner.
    Carangul could have unleashed the plague, or it could be a final 'contingency' revenge thing of either Sauron or Saruman, that started off small, but has gradually gotten bigger.
    With Elrond gone from Rivendell, I can perhaps use Elrohir or another Elf as a healer...in a way it's even better: maybe they think Elrond is still there..."Nope! Sorry buddy! You gotta go get this plant, 'cos Elrond's in Aman these days!"
    The long period of war could well be the last 20 years of resettlement as Gondorians go north, Breelanders and the like move south, with lots of clashes with Dunlendings and Orcs working with Carangul.
    The "central character" (Celephain's son) could be the son of the fellow who has been given authority over Tharbad by King Elessar: "Go and rebuild Tharbad, make it a livable city again and you will be its Lord" - perhaps as a reward for service during the War of the RIng (you could even make it Beregond or someone "famous" if you really wanted).

Any other ideas? Like I said, I'm still toying with the "flashback" campaign, but I'm worried it will go for too long and the players will forget their "original" characters - or at least lose interest, and I love doing 4th Age stuff! But I wanna do Triumph of the Witch-King as well! Waaa!

Dammit, Tomcat - why'd you have to publish such a fantastic chronicle!
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Whoaaaa!

To much Praise Aldaron, I am not worthy! But thank you, I am sure I speak for all who contribute their time and creativity to these games that the appreciation is... appreciated!

Anyway, about your overlay of your story with the TotWK... I think it really works. It sounds as if you have covered all of the main plot lines with a seamless story line of your own and I do not have any thing to suggest. I understand completely why you would not want to do the flashback thing because that can get to many stories going at once and as a Narrator, that can be hell.

About the sheets, I hope you found the fonts necessary because it makes the sheet look right and format correctly to the pages.

Well, nuff said for the moment. Let me know if you need any other info for the chronicle.

Tomcat

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
    Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11 | Edge 8 | Injury 16/18
    Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane, Foe-slaying
    Shadow bane, Skirmisher

I'm still here as well. I am planing on starting up a new chronical as soon as all of my player schedules settle down some. From the anticapation of my players coda does not feel dead.
    plane nine? Oh yes the resurection of the dead!