Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of us are left...

How many of us are left...

Okay who out there is actually playing LOTR RPG and anxiously awaiting the next Hall of Fire Issue? I just want a head count. Chime in if you want.

Also .. anybody got any intel on the rest of the LOTR RPG source Book Lines..?

Wilson
    the roads goes ever on..... so buy a volvo!

"don't tell the elf"-Gimili at the Hornburg LOTR TTT

What about second breakfast?- Pippin, LOTR FOTR

"My precious"- my treo 700 phone/PDA

I'm still here but not playing LOTR RPG at the moment. 99% of my fellow gamers won't play a 'dead' game.
    www.unfinishedtales.net

'Some who have read the book, or at any rate have reviewed it, have found it boring, absurd, or contemptible; and I have no cause to complain, since I have similar opinions of their works' JRR Tolkien

I'm still left... been playing all summer, made a break, and after the seson hollydays, i will begin playing a new chronicle: The Chronicles of Balin's Colony (I hope to make something interesting, using the Moria sourcebook, of course).
    And another one of my frinds wil start the Triumph of the Witch-King campaign.

Alive and kicking here
    Former Editor, The Hall of Fire, Beyond the Final Frontier
    http://www.geocities.com/gandalfofborg25/index.html

Thumbs up keep the faith

Dead game ... hell no as long as we have hall of fire and my ranting and raving we are not dead yet! Keep the faith... enjoy the extended edition DVD rotk and merry xmas to you all... may visions of lembas bread dance in your head.
    Wilson

Chronicle about to be born...

I've been working for a few months now on converting all the stats from an old ICE adventure module (Dark Mage of Rhudaur) to the CODA system (NPCs, monsters, magic and all). I'm just reaching the ready point and I have two separate parties of about 5 people who are waiting with bated breath to play these babies out.... I like CODA/Decipher, wish they had play tested more, wished they had negotiated better rights for the game, wish they intended to support the RPG better (instead of just the freakin card game - which is an easy win - take the pictures from the movie - slap some rules on it... presto you have a game.... rpg's require more writing then they are used to). Onward..... Hall of Fire Rocks btw.... and i wish we knew for sure if Games Workshop is getting the license... etc....
    </decio>

Smile

Yep, LOTR gaming still going strong here. I finished a massive campaign six months ago set during the war of the Elves and Sauron in the Second Age and have followed that up with a series of mini-campaigns set in the two centuries after that. That set the stage for the launch of the next big campaign, which I'm calling "The Dark Years", centered around the corruption of Númenor.

Unfortunately, player interest seems to have waned, so I'll try to sell another idea to another group: they´ll play Northmen who will help Gondor defeat the Wainriders.

If that fails too, I´ll have to resort to narrating solo games to my GF, as I have done in the past months
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    <div align="center"><center><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#000080"><tr><td><center><br><font face=verdana><font color="#000080"><font size="2">I am</font><br><font size=8><font face=symbol>p</font></font><br><br><font size=2>Everyone loves pi</font></font><br><font color="#FFFFFF">_</font></font></td></tr></table></center></div><br><center><font face=verdana><font size=2><a href="http://www.geocities.com/eyecanspy/numberquiz">what number are you?</a></font><font size=1><br><br>this quiz by <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/orsa">orsa</a></font></font></center>

Pre-Xmas eve message

Well I took stock f how much tolkien I own. Of course the required LOTR Books, Simillirion (SP), Hobbit, The whole History of middle earth series I-XII, the ME atlas, Language book of ME (excellant resource if I may say so), LOTR strategy battle game for : FOTR,TTT,ROTK , SF and BPF. About 300 GW figures, The three movies art books. The Movies (platinum edition) as well. Then comes the RPG... all the books (that made it to press) the dreaded narrator's screen and all the Hall of fire downloads.

Hummm cost.... $1700......experience and joy....priceless.

I hope all of you out there are able to not only enjoy christmas with your loved ones and friends. watch out for the hobbits drinking under the tree.

wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Feanorgil
    Well I took stock f how much tolkien I own. Of course the required LOTR Books, Simillirion (SP), Hobbit, The whole History of middle earth series I-XII, the ME atlas, Language book of ME (excellant resource if I may say so), LOTR strategy battle game for : FOTR,TTT,ROTK , SF and BPF. About 300 GW figures, The three movies art books. The Movies (platinum edition) as well. Then comes the RPG... all the books (that made it to press) the dreaded narrator's screen and all the Hall of fire downloads.

Hummm cost.... $1700......experience and joy....priceless.

I hope all of you out there are able to not only enjoy christmas with your loved ones and friends. watch out for the hobbits drinking under the tree.

wilson
    I think that $1700 is a very conservative estimate. I dread to think how many £££s I've spent on my stuff, especially with over 500 GW minis!
    www.unfinishedtales.net

'Some who have read the book, or at any rate have reviewed it, have found it boring, absurd, or contemptible; and I have no cause to complain, since I have similar opinions of their works' JRR Tolkien

$$$$$

Okay I was being very conserative, but one has to remember all the little presents by gaming friends and family. Remember Xmas is also about getting loot. So I didn't buy everything. I used a jedi mind trick to make people want too.

Wilson

Looking for game . . .

This may be the wrong place to pop in and if so I apologize, citing the first amendment in the newbie bill of rights: The right to shameless ignorance. I am a veteran roleplayer of FASA, DND, Star Wars, and even robotech, yet I prefer the rule system presented in this game. I am looking for a game in southern california in san bernardino or LA county preferrably near ontario airport. If any of you know of or are participating in a game in that area I would greatly appreciate any help you may provide. Thank you for your attention.

Saurman's invention on the lose

LOL..send in the ents...

Still Here

I have a game still up and running, actually one of my players just went out and bought the CODA ST RPG because we all like the system so much.

Our chronicle is taking place in the 4th age, the wizards Pallando and Alatar have re-appeared as the black wizards, and have found an item from the first age, created by Morgoth, that could have dire consequences for Middle Earth.

Our next chronicle is planned to be a third age chronicle during the downfall of the northern kingdom, and the height of the witch king of Angmar's dominance, the PC's will all be hobbit archers sent to aid the northern kings after the war drifts too close to the Shire.

Cheers,
    Silent Dusty
    Silent Dusty
    Funk Lord of the Sith

Southeast Kansas (40 feet from the middle of Nowhere)

alive and kicking

I'm still around, along with most of my gaming group (one is on his way to the big sandbox).

In fact, my nephew is trying his hand at Narrator. He and I have cooked up an idea centered around following a broken Ring of Power throughout the Second and Third Ages. We will each take turns running a chronicle searching for one or both halves of this ring--The Ring of Fate.

At the moment, he is running an adventure that is set during the War of Sauron and the Elves. My character is a Noldor Weapon/Armorsmith entrusted with taking the Three to the High-King and safeguarding one half of the the Ring of Fate--the Ring of Life. We still haven't discovered what happened to the other half, the Ring of Death, but have a suspicion it has something to do with a certain assassin that has been trailing us since we escaped from Ost-in-Edhil.

Happy gaming

DRS
    Professional soldiers are predictable, unfortunately, the world is full of amateurs.

In life, there are defining moments; it is for you to decide whether the moment will define you, or if you will define the moment.

I too am still around, having recently begun running a new chronicle with two players. I was thinking I may have to come up with a bunch of new info and such, but with the latest announcement by Decipher, I'm back to looking forward to new books.

Tom