Thread: USS Loknar TMP Refit?

Question USS Loknar TMP Refit?

Can anyone point me toward a picture (not stats) of a Loknar-class frigate of the sort used in FASA or Spacedock that uses the nacelles and design of the Movie-era refit starships? Need it as window dressing for a PBEM campaign.

Thanks in advance.

JKP

Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

What's the PBEM about jkp?

Thanks for the link Phoenix. I always liked the Loknar.

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. K. Vaughn
    What's the PBEM about jkp?

Thanks for the link Phoenix. I always liked the Loknar.

Regards,
    CKV.
    Actually, I found an even better site. Who'd have thought the French would actually be helpful...?

http://armance.net.free.fr/startrek/history.htm

The campaign follows the exploits of a couple of junior officers assigned (for now) to an Excelsior-class starship starting at the turn of the 24th century. The era was chosen as a sort of compromise, because one guy wanted to do TOS, the other wanted to do TNG, so I decided to just split the difference -- all the more so because I thought the uniforms and sets from the movie era were the best. It's worked out very well so far, especially because of the lack of information from this time period, I really have a free hand in terms of crafting adventures.

So far, I've done two episodes written by myself, and am working on a third. After that, I start to mine the rich vein of FASA modules.... I needed the Loknar in particular because one of the upcoming episodes is "Decision at Midnight", and so in my campaign, the good old Arkadelphia is not recently constructed, but rather is coming off an extensive refit prior to its shakedown cruise.
    Last edited by jkp1187; 12-22-2004 at 11:52 AM.

Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Quote Originally Posted by jkp1187
    Actually, I found an even better site. Who'd have thought the French would actually be helpful...?

http://armance.net.free.fr/startrek/history.htm

The campaign follows the exploits of a couple of junior officers assigned (for now) to an Excelsior-class starship starting at the turn of the 24th century. The era was chosen as a sort of compromise, because one guy wanted to do TOS, the other wanted to do TNG, so I decided to just split the difference -- all the more so because I thought the uniforms and sets from the movie era were the best. It's worked out very well so far, especially because of the lack of information from this time period, I really have a free hand in terms of crafting adventures.

So far, I've done two episodes written by myself, and am working on a third. After that, I start to mine the rich vein of FASA modules.... I needed the Loknar in particular because one of the upcoming episodes is "Decision at Midnight", and so in my campaign, the good old Arkadelphia is not recently constructed, but rather is coming off an extensive refit prior to its shakedown cruise.
    Cool! How do you feel about lurkers?

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

I've got a soft-spot for those pics myself - superb design.

The original seems to be a 3-d Lightwave mesh credited to a Kevin Riley if you want to try and contact him!
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. K. Vaughn
    Cool! How do you feel about lurkers?

Regards,
    CKV.
    Don't mind lurkers, but it probably wouldn't work too well. I try to give each player his own separate description of events, and sometimes we'll do combat round-by-round. You'd end up getting flooded by e-mail....